THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

It's pretty straight-forward and uncomplicated (EVA foam and sealing tape), especially compared to your tinkering! Plus...it doesn't work for **** .... no noticeable improvement. I think take 2 is going to involve some form of dampening between the mount and the wheel (perhaps something thicker like a piece of sponge), and the same thing to replace the current foam dampening on the screw that rests on the wheel's front panel; I reckon adding some weight might also help...we'll. see.

I’ve been down those roads and give you much credit for your stick tough attitude.

.BTW, "all tinkering and no riding makes Jack go crazy" (or that's what I interpreted from The Shining) :efee612b4b:

Wished I could ride. Cold and rain. Unfortunately the weather always turns nice when I’m at work.:crying:

Wow! Now THAT's lateral thinking! Do you mount that to helmet, wheel, etc.? Have you tested it? (And how do you tighten it?) 

It attaches to any GoPro mount. This was a vibration dampening kit that got high reviews so I assume it works but since I have the GP 7 and the Insta X it will probably end up as a conversation piece.  If you lived closer and shipping wasn’t so expensive to your country I would gladly give it to you. 

• Like 1

My Ninebot and I are to the right of the flagpole at about 3:20 in the video. Other than riding to the location on an EUC the video is about autonomous drone flying. Hands off, pre-planned atop a Google Earth map and executed with the press of a button.  

I tried bring creative another time too.

Autonomous drone - flight sketch - Red Waypoint appAutonomous drone - flight sketch - Red Waypoint app

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

[Venice Beach VLog for November 21st 2018]

That long selfie stick in combination with a 360 cam really is great. It's so much nicer to have the camera "fly" to the side of where you're riding, especially when hanging over the side of the pier or the slope next to the bike path. Or flying over people.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

young

I turned 65 recently. This is accompanied with a health insurance status change. My 'free' MassHealth insurance was discontinued a few days ago with gobs of mailings describing how to choose 'long term' health plans that can be enrolled in within the next few weeks. At age 65 in this state it means everything changes health care wise. EUCing can lead to health problems....trust me...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I looked at many of them, including

https://youtu.be/kPwZvnd5Xx4

https://youtu.be/fGVKeM-RNjw

Real talent, fearless, young....

Thanks for the nice videos. I just a few weeks ago I acquired a Ninebot One E(old technology some would say :)).

Nice complement to the V5F. Very torquy at extremely low speed. Lower Center of Gravity.

Completely different personalities!!! 

Lotus Elise vs Army Jeep!

One responds to your very thoughts, the other can be coerced(muscled) into unimaginable prowesses...

Enjoying both to the fullest!

Life is good!

100V MSX v Snow

Video Credit : Mono Set

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

insurance was discontinued a few days ago with gobs of mailings describing how to choose 'long term' health plans that can be enrolled in within the next few weeks

Isn't that done in the wrong order then?

On 11/24/2018 at 12:27 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Now you're going to make me paranoid about riding on the beach :cry2:

:)

On 11/24/2018 at 12:40 AM, trya said:

Oops! Come on, we've seen many potential traps on various terrains, one less or one more - not much difference :) Just maintain a reasonable speed and wear protection, which you do anyway :)

here is how a similar trap may await you very far from the beach :)  Happened to me a few times :)

uYmaLtw.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 9:26 PM, winterwheel said:

Thanks. :) So far I've found that the selfie stick usually actually helps ... I've come to have this idea that thinking about going down increases the likelihood of it actually happening. Last winter (before I got going with the camera) I would hum some favorite country tunes when the roads were particularly nasty.

I put it away after this fall because I wasn't sure that trying to protect the camera might have in some small way made it harder to recover the situation. Also, the  camera had taken a bit of a knock as well.

I have gotten so use to carrying the camera that when I am able to control my fall at lower speed, I would spin my self 180 and sort of sit down/ into the fall. I also find that I ride more carefully when I have the camera out.

40 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

I have gotten so use to carrying the camera that when I am able to control my fall at lower speed, I would spin my self 180 and sort of sit down/ into the fall. I also find that I ride more carefully when I have the camera out.

Damn bro, how often are you rolling on the ground? lol