THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Well. here it is. if anyone was waiting. haha. idk. :D 

Epic repair video. You have the Patience of Job!

Gotway quality sucks. Sometimes I'm afraid to look at the inside of my wheels.

The steel backing plates are supposed to be attached to the pedal hangers with screws, otherwise they do nothing. On my AMC2's the steel places are screwed onto the hangers. I bet the Gotway working had some steel places but the plates weren't drilled yet, so they shrugged their shoulders and stuck them on with Loctite :facepalm: It would be funny if not for the fact that we spend over $2k for these wheels.

And the asymmetrical pedals hangers is another joke.

Good job, and I'm glad you have your wheel back together.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Flying Rat rides the Ips i5 

I'm worried that Flying Rat might have overdressed for the evening :whistling:

I've thought about getting the i5 for the extreme portability. It's so tiny (I've ridden on) that I think you could get away riding it inside stores, etc.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm worried that Flying Rat might have overdressed for the evening :whistling:

I've thought about getting the i5 for the extreme portability. It's so tiny (I've ridden on) that I think you could get away riding it inside stores, etc.

Yeah! We are so used to seeing his famous well kept toe nails. 😁

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Lovely video very tranquil music to , alot of seated riders ,you had your seat on to you use it marty or just like the look

Thanks. Mostly the seat is for looks. On this ride I rode a few times seated. Seated does give my feet a rest but unfortunately it starts to bother my knees after awhile.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Mostly the seat is for looks. On this ride I rode a few times seated. Seated does give my feet a rest but unfortunately it starts to bother my knees after awhile.

Marty, I think you are the only one I know can ride for hours without any feet problems.  The MSX isn't too comfortable seated because it is too low.  KS18S is great seated, much higher seat.  The MSX seat to me is good to have, better than nothing.  LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Marty, I think you are the only one I know can ride for hours without any feet problems.  The MSX isn't too comfortable seated because it is too low.  KS18S is great seated, much higher seat.  The MSX seat to me is good to have, better than nothing.  LOL

I agree that the KS18S rocks for seated riding. The Monster too.

You have to build a tolerance for long distance riding. I know multiple local riders that had to take breaks early on in our group riding. Now we can regularly go for 30 to 50 mile rides with no problems. Just like we all experience shin pain when learning, it eventually goes away as the body adjusts.

I bet if you took longer and longer rides your body (feet) would also adapt, and before you know it, all you'd want is 1600wh+ wheels too :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't get riding seated on on a EUC. It looks more like riding a little pocket bike/scooter. What's the point? It may not be easier but it is a different riding experience. Marty you looked like the only grown-up at times, riding (standing) on your EUC tall and proud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Very Nice! How much do you weigh?

With winter jacket and all protective gear, 77 kg. There are some much steeper hills where I live, I'll see if I can get some decent footage I can post

Edited by travsformation

3 hours ago, Jerome said:

I don't get riding seated on on a EUC. It looks more like riding a little pocket bike/scooter. What's the point? It may not be easier but it is a different riding experience. Marty you looked like the only grown-up at times, riding (standing) on your EUC tall and proud.

What's not to get? In a long ride its going to be more comfortable. Looks < use. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

What's not to get? In a long ride its going to be more comfortable. Looks < use. 

But the comfort level of riding seated depends a lot on the height of the rider...

When I tried it, it felt like I was sitting on a chair designed for a 5 year old - And as I get older every year, it get harder to get down that far (and back up again).   :(

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, winterwheel said:

The roads were a bit slippery yesterday!:ph34r:

Nice slide!!!   :thumbup:

I always wonder if managing a selfie stick distracts from being focussed on the ride...

3 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

And as I get older every year, it get harder to get down that far (and back up again).   :(

Ah...the gratifying effects of gravity coupled with aging.  Best to remain vertical as long as possible because the alternative sucks.;)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I always wonder if managing a selfie stick distracts from being focussed on the ride...

In my case only when repositioning the stick for a different shot. Now managing both a selfie stick and drone together does take away from the enjoyment, 

13 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks. :) So far I've found that the selfie stick usually actually helps ... I've come to have this idea that thinking about going down increases the likelihood of it actually happening. Last winter (before I got going with the camera) I would hum some favorite country tunes when the roads were particularly nasty.

I put it away after this fall because I wasn't sure that trying to protect the camera might have in some small way made it harder to recover the situation. Also, the  camera had taken a bit of a knock as well.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

In my case only when repositioning the stick for a different shot. Now managing both a selfie stick and drone together does take away from the enjoyment, 

That's a  skill I hope to acquire next summer... the enjoyment will come from (hopefully) having some good footage to work with once the ride is over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2018 at 2:28 AM, Marty Backe said:

The steel backing plates are supposed to be attached to the pedal hangers with screws, otherwise they do nothing.

Looks like they act as washers, spreading the force between the aluminium pedal hangers and the riser on the motor axle to a lot larger area. Otherwise the riser would dig in the aluminium.

While a different system, the KS16 doesn’t have such plates/washers, so the pedal hangers on mine have distinct indents from my weight tilting the pedal hangers inwards.

Edited by mrelwood