THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Where do you find this insurance plan? I've already scratched my Rylo lens twice, and had to pay $150 each time to get it fixed ?

It was offered through Amazon with my purchase.

Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZDH1E5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

My DJI Spark doing an active track in profile mode

Does it track like that when you're cruising at 20 to 25-mph?

3 hours ago, FrankFilmer said:

It was offered through Amazon with my purchase.

Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZDH1E5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

THIS, I also bought insurance on amazon when I purchased my Fusion 360 since based on what I had read, if you ever scratch or break the lens you might as well buy a new camera. I bought the 3 years accident policy since I figured I'll probably be buying new camera by that time..

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Does it track like that when you're cruising at 20 to 25-mph?

Not sure about the speed max in active track but my speed max of 11ish mph was in the range posted in the Spark forum.

Max speed attained with wind

"When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 6.7 MPH. When forward obstacle sensing is disenabled, max flight attitude angle is 15 degrees with a maximum flight speed of 13.4 MPH.”

https://sparkpilots.com/threads/spark-max-speed.4490/

@Marty Backe

Spark has something called 'sport mode' which goes about 2x+ faster but with fewer flight safeguards. There is one YouTube where the poster claims vehicle tracking in sport mode in the mph range you're suggesting. I haven't tried sport mode + active track but my Spark was up to 25 mph in Sport mode just trying it out for a short distance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, who_the said:

@Alien Rides shoots Rylo for the majority of his work. The stabilization was groundbreaking, though others are catching up and close now. The founder's PhD thesis was on stabilizing video, then he founded the company. :o 

He founded another company first that was sold to Instagram. The software became their stabilization engine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Marty Backe

Spark has something called 'sport mode' which goes about 2x+ faster but with fewer flight safeguards. There is one YouTube where the poster claims vehicle tracking in sport mode in the mph range you're suggesting. I haven't tried sport mode + active track but my Spark was up to 25 mph in Sport mode just trying it out for a short distance.

Very impressive. Looks like it would have no difficulty keeping up with any of us :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I like it :) slaloming lampposts on the sidewalk thereby overtaking cars on the right. Then even better: all this without a helmet. Who would have thought that things fall into place so quickly :cheers:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like it would have no difficulty keeping up with any of us :thumbup:

After watching the Sunday TV news it looks like I picked a bad location to ride.

"The Coast Guard tells Boston 25 News that a call came in around 10 a.m. Saturday for an "overdue diver" roughly one mile south of Nahant. The captain of charter boat Keepah said the 37-year-old diver did not surface when expected."

https://www.boston25news.com/news/coast-guard-searching-for-overdue-diver-off-nahant/856557548

Looking towards Nahant

(Nahant is the left of center land form)

A news report says the diver went missing near 'Swallow Cave' and TV news says the diver and his friend drove up from Philadelphia for a scallop dive.

http://www.strange-new-england.com/2015/10/22/swallow-cave/

Of course Philly holds a special place in my heart, a city where my 2 yrs of graduate studies went unrewarded. I lived in 4 different apts, one of them on Juniper street where my Catholic GF and her 4 year old daughter would sometimes visit. When not with her daughter we dated like bff's until she graduated and I dropped out and disappeared into the private school system of New England. The GF story has a good ending. The GF later remarried, the daughter , years later, went to a prominent Washington area  college, she married and had 3 kids and her father finished his medical school / surgical studies becoming a private pilot as well if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Thanks, yeah its the first time i am doing something with a camera, the video looks much better when i play it on my phone. Do i have to change any settings when i load it up on YouTube @eddiemoy @Marty Backe

The Insta360 ONE output is closer to 720P which looks good when viewed on your phone but horrible when viewed on desktop.  The ONE X on the other hand has 50% more resolution allowing for output closer to 1080P which looks good on smartphone or desktop.  Technicals aside, your video looks great especially  with the fall foliage. 

Only one suggestion which is to get a longer selfie stick to reduce the fisheye effect.  One trick is to buy another of the selfie sticks and screw them together.  That extra one foot makes a significant difference if you don’t extend both. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice to see you coming out of your shell sporting the "natural look" for a change. 

Video should be titled "Marty comes down from the mountain for some night time urban escapades" :thumbup:

Absolutely lovin' the musical selection... priceless.

Edited by FrankFilmer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The Insta360 ONE output is closer to 720P which looks good when viewed on your phone but horrible when viewed on desktop.  The ONE X on the other hand has 50% more resolution allowing for output closer to 1080P which looks good on smartphone or desktop.  Technicals aside, your video looks great especially  with the fall foliage. 

Only one suggestion which is to get a longer selfie stick to reduce the fisheye effect.  One trick is to buy another of the selfie sticks and screw them together.  That extra one foot makes a significant difference if you don’t extend both. 

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't exactly say "horrible", but clearly these videos look more pristine when viewed within a smaller window.

It'll probably take 2-3 more years, but I can't wait for 8k video capture in this 360 cameras.

2 hours ago, FrankFilmer said:

Gorgeous footage. Subscribed and looking forward to more in the future!

Another @eddiemoy convert (or independent discoverer). He's clearly using an extreme selfie-stick. I'm convinced that the 360 videos look best when shot with a 9-foot or greater pole. It minimizes the fisheye effect and looks best, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Another @eddiemoy convert (or independent discoverer). He's clearly using an extreme selfie-stick. I'm convinced that the 360 videos look best when shot with a 9-foot or greater pole. It minimizes the fisheye effect and looks best, IMHO.

I couldn't agree more. 4 feet just isn't enough... bigger really is better in this situation.

• Like 1

The first video is the full definition version of the earlier short clip. The stitching is far from perfect but I'm very happy with it.

The second video is after I just got done riding through a thick fog bank up on the hill  above the beach. Much like in Eddie's early insta 360 test also in fog, the stitching went to crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

In fact, I had my first 360 camera two and a half years ago. It was a Ricoh Theta S. I used it a bit then stopped as quality was not really good (full HD in 360°). Now quality has improved a lot so I recently got this Insta360 One camera, and should receive the new one (One X) this week. Viewing others' videos also contributed to this choice ( @Marty Backe @eddiemoy ).

In the video I use a long selfie stick (Telesin 106") attached to a folded tripod. Around 3m long altogether.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iero83 said:

In fact, I had my first 360 camera two and a half years ago. It was a Ricoh Theta S. I used it a bit then stopped as quality was not really good (full HD in 360°). Now quality has improved a lot so I recently got this Insta360 One camera, and should receive the new one (One X) this week. Viewing others' videos also contributed to this choice ( @Marty Backe @eddiemoy ).

In the video I use a long selfie stick (Telesin 106") attached to a folded tripod. Around 3m long altogether.

Wow, another 3m? I'll have to try that for kicks :D

My Insta360 X will have to wait until Christmas :(

Edited by Marty Backe