THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

I was visiting from London to NYC, met up with Tishawn and the group. We then drove to Toronto to meet another EUC guy called Jack. It was an impromptu meet up for me. Flew to LA then San Francisco, where no EUC riders reached out to me ?.  Fun as hell trip over all though ??

WOW........ some random events, A+ for sure

next me if you gonna do anything in Toronto, message me, Im 2 hrs. away (london) but I can try to come out.

50 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Very nice video. May I ask what are the "PEVRA safety signals" that are mentioned in there. I've looked around a bit and I can't seem to find anything about them. 

@who_the, a San Francisco rider, started PEVRA to promote personal electric vehicle safety. I'm not sure if they're official or anything, but we use these signals a lot and I would like to document them on a website. I'm glad there's interest though, I'll get together with Jesse and we can film an EUC safety video soon!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Flew to LA then San Francisco, where no EUC riders reached out to me ?.

That's too bad I didn't know. We love riding with visitors, but most of us are more active in the Facebook Bay Area EUC group. Please message me directly here next time!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Some footage from the last Bay Area EUC ride during Fleet Week. You can see Neil's Z10 in action and it looks fantastic in person, maybe better than the stock version!

Nice. Would have been nice to see a group ride post. I was up there with my EUC too. 

4 minutes ago, Chili D said:

Nice. Would have been nice to see a group ride post. I was up there with my EUC too.  

We normally post rides on the FB pages, https://www.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039 but I'll try to post them here as well. We have a killer Halloween ride coming soon on Sat the 27th if you're around. Many costumes & wheels will be out and around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alien Rides said:

We normally post rides on the FB pages, https://www.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039 but I'll try to post them here as well. We have a killer Halloween ride coming soon on Sat the 27th if you're around. Many costumes & wheels will be out and around.

Gotcha. I don’t use Facebook, so I’ll watch for them here. Should be around for the Halloween, though. 

On 10/15/2018 at 4:38 AM, Marty Backe said:

My first 360-degree video. Probably best viewed with the phone, and Google Cardboard is even better (however, even lower resolution).

Nice. I like your narration, makes it more interesting and like a journey (just the video would be too boring). Also it's cool to see the "innards" of the city.

The stabilization of the Insta360 is godlike. Too bad the seam is visible where they stitch the image together.

Since you have such a long selfie stick, try holding it vertical, too. The higher vantage point should give some nice views.

How do you record sound? Does the 360 have a decent enough mic to use in non-windy situations?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice. I like your narration, makes it more interesting and like a journey (just the video would be too boring). Also it's cool to see the "innards" of the city.

The stabilization of the Insta360 is godlike. Too bad the seam is visible where they stitch the image together.

Since you have such a long selfie stick, try holding it vertical, too. The higher vantage point should give some nice views.

How do you record sound? Does the 360 have a decent enough mic to use in non-windy situations?

The sound recording is comparable to other action cams. I'm using a separate sound recorder for this video.

360 video is far from perfect, but I still enjoy the videos that I can get out of it. 

Haha that was funny, I cannot make out what the person is saying though?

Yeah happen sometime, sometimes it's no ones direct fault but I have to say some people also have no clue where they are standing and no idea what is going on around them, I meet people all the time in the smack middle of the bike lanes (even though pedestrian lanes available just next to it) looking down into their phones or in a different world all together?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Haha that was funny, I cannot make out what the person is saying though?

Yeah happen sometime, sometimes it's no ones direct fault but I have to say some people also have no clue where they are standing and no idea what is going on around them, I meet people all the time in the smack middle of the bike lanes (even though pedestrian lanes available just next to it) looking down into their phones or in a different world all together?

She was saying in Spanish, "God, you scared me man!"

Yeah, people are clueless for sure. I just don't understand the people who stop in a BIKE lane, like you say, staring at their phone. Or the people who walk across a bike lane without looking.

I get the sense that many years ago mothers stopped telling their kids to look both ways before crossing. I do that all the time wherever I walk. Yet I see so many people not doing that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

...I just don't understand the people who stop in a BIKE lane,...

The video views much differently understanding the action is taking place in a bike lane. Also, that low-to-the-ground perspective always makes speed look a lot faster than it actually is.

14 hours ago, LanghamP said:

2:53 for the one guy who made it across.

I suspect most if not all of us would make it across as I've noticed my bike handling skills have dramatically increased since riding an EUC.

Yea man, this is definitely what we do in Indonesia! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

The video views much differently understanding the action is taking place in a bike lane. Also, that low-to-the-ground perspective always makes speed look a lot faster than it actually is.

I don't know what video you are taking about. My video had nothing to do with a bike lane. I was responding to @Electroman's comment.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is a new video shooting both in Insta360 ONE (old, 4k) and ONE X (new, 5.7k).  The ONE X look a lot better.  There is also now gone the different coating effect from the different halves.  There is also a noticeable improvement in speed when dealing with post process steps as the file is now transferred to the phone first. 

If you are looking to get this camera, please use this referral link to get a FREE selfie stick.  The old selfie stick will not work with the new thinner body of the new camera.   Shipping was FREE and quick, 2 days from China.  Amazing!

http://bit.ly/2Oe0xAi

Here is a new video I put together this morning:

Are you saying that the 9-foot stick that I bought (via your link) will actually not work with this camera? In what way?

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Are you saying that the 9-foot stick that I bought (via your link) will actually not work with this camera? In what way?

It will, you just need to remove big foam thing at the end.  It will show up in the blindspot since the new camera is so thin.  That is why the new stick looks different.  see picture?  top stick is for new X, bottom stick is for old One.  tip is much bigger.  can't use the old stick with the new camera.

IMG_0094.jpg

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

She was saying in Spanish, "God, you scared me man!"

Yeah, people are clueless for sure. I just don't understand the people who stop in a BIKE lane, like you say, staring at their phone. Or the people who walk across a bike lane without looking.

I get the sense that many years ago mothers stopped telling their kids to look both ways before crossing. I do that all the time wherever I walk. Yet I see so many people not doing that.

:D No wonder I cannot make anything of it, I cannot even speak the language at all.  :lol:

• Like 2