THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Make sure you have a newer iPad for processing the videos. Anything else will suck.

I still have the Ipad 2 LOL.  I am not an Apple fan.  I am more of an Android guy.  Can I edit the video using a PC or an Android tablet ?

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone.  I hope I can use the 360 One X with it for post editing.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

30 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I have never had a 360 degree camera before.  Maybe I should get this one as my first 360 camera.  

By the way, you said that I would get a free selfie stick.  However, when I click on that link and go to the option of adding a selfie stick, the price went up to $415.95

when you add the camera, it should automatically add a free selfie stick.  don't need to add a separate one or to select the bundle.  There store seems to be busted at the moment.  LOL  Too much traffic.

I think I will get the underwater case too.  I am going to Hawaii this Christmas break and will do water/underwater activities.  Too bad I cannot bring my EUC with me to Hawaii.  I will probably just bring two pairs of the Ninebot Segway Drift W1 E-skates (able to bring on plane according to the company) for my 2 children to use in Hawaii.  Hope to get them by then.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

24 minutes ago, stephen said:

i have a high powered android so hopefully that will do otherwise it's a new something else lol? it's nearly xmas though ?

I haven't tried any of my Android devices yet, but it's clear that their primary focus is on Apple. Android is secondary and the desktop is an afterthought.

I sucks that I just bought the previous version. I'll let you guys wring out the bugs first and then I'll get this one for Christmas. I'm envious though.

27 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I still have the Ipad 2 LOL.  I am not an Apple fan.  I am more of an Android guy.  Can I edit the video using a PC or an Android tablet ?

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone.  I hope I can use the 360 One X with it for post editing.

The Desktop software sucks big time. Don't even bother. I have the top-of-the-line iPad Pro which works fantastic, but even it struggles sometimes when editing. Since their product line priority is to first serve Apple users, I have my doubts that the Android experience is great. But maybe it is. Let us know when you get it :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

i have a high powered android so hopefully that will do otherwise it's a new something else lol? it's nearly xmas though ?

I just looked at the spec's. Only Apple users need apply. And you need the latest versions. I couldn't use one of my older (but still very nice) iPad's with my Insta360.

So plan on spending another $800 for a compatible iPad if you don't already own one :(

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I just looked at the spec's. Only Apple users need apply. And you need the latest versions. I couldn't use one of my older (but still very nice) iPad's with my Insta360.

So plan on spending another $800 for a compatible iPad if you don't already own one :(

my mate 10 pro is compatible ?? it better work lol ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think you might have missed this? It is on a secondary link from the main spec page.

• Insta360 ONE X Android compatible devices (Phones not included in the list do not necessarily mean they are incompatible. Please refer to the minimum requirement of phone configuration.)
  • HUAWEI: P20 Pro/P10/P9/Mate 9/Mate 10/Honor 9
  • Samsung: S9/Note 8/S8/S7/S7 Edge
  • XIAOMI: Mix/Mix2/Note3/6/8
  • OnePlus: 5t
  • Google:Pixel/Pixel 2
  • Vivo: X9Plus L
  • OPPO: R11

• Like 2

Speedyfeet- Jon chooses a new wheel, Part 2

V10 vs MSX 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I think you might have missed this? It is on a secondary link from the main spec page.

• Insta360 ONE X Android compatible devices (Phones not included in the list do not necessarily mean they are incompatible. Please refer to the minimum requirement of phone configuration.)
  • HUAWEI: P20 Pro/P10/P9/Mate 9/Mate 10/Honor 9
  • Samsung: S9/Note 8/S8/S7/S7 Edge
  • XIAOMI: Mix/Mix2/Note3/6/8
  • OnePlus: 5t
  • Google:Pixel/Pixel 2
  • Vivo: X9Plus L
  • OPPO: R11

This is great.  I have the Mate 9, Mate 10 pro, and the Galaxy Note 9.  I do not need any iPad then :-)  My Note 9 should be on par with the iPad pro but the small screen is no where as good as the iPad tablet.

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Speedyfeet- Jon chooses a new wheel, Part 2

V10 vs MSX 

Definitely a fun video. These guys are a bit crazy though :)   I'm surprised they V10F was not in the race, but I heard from SF in his review that the V10F does not ride as smooth as the V10 which seems surprising, I wonder if a tire pressure adjust would fix that, he speculated maybe the weight of the battery, but it seems more than one person found the same, and so rider weight did not seem to change the feeling, and the difference there seemed more than the battery.  hmmm

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

This is great.  I have the Mate 9, Mate 10 pro, and the Galaxy Note 9.  I do not need any iPad then :-)  My Note 9 should be on par with the iPad pro but the small screen is no where as good as the iPad tablet.

My Note 9 is not actually listed but it works fine. I think any android will work fine but they only list the fast ones to make the experience nice. I've been popping out the microSD card, putting it into the phone, then copying the files directly to the insta360One/galleryoriginal directory without buying the android dock.

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A bit of drone active tracking , some drone 360 pano above the local college and a clip made with DJI's auto video highlight editing.

Pretty cool use of a drone for sure.

Perhaps a bit dumb question but still have got to throw it out there anyway, with such great drones available today and only getting better...

Why do some of you want the very long sticks, advantages/disadvantages to hold that long stick in your hand instead of riding free with a drone hovering above so to speak?

8 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Perhaps a bit dumb question but still have got to throw it out there anyway, with such great drones available today and only getting better...

Why do some of you want the very long sticks, advantages/disadvantages to hold that long stick in your hand instead of riding free with a drone hovering above so to speak?

• Drone has limited flight time
  • Drone works great if you're doing circles on a basketball court. Not so much if you're riding trails in the mountains or city
  • Drones take a lot more effort to use. You have to hold a controller and you're always looking at the drone to see if it's following you. The video you referenced is a classic example - he's always looking over his shoulder at the drone to see how it's working.
  • A drone would never be able to follow me in all the places I ride.
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, Electroman said:

Edited by outcast00096

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Lovin' my new GoPro Fusion :lol::lol::lol:

Very cool video basically sums up everything i like about the EUC.  What looks like effortless riding, easy commute, fun as flaps, and quick.  Its what i want out of an EUC - so cool to watch it happen.

Question, ive seen you speak about your style of riding and how you pendulum.. To clarify are you meaning pendulum back and forward, or side to side (carving)?  I have tried to analyze in a few of your videos now but its hard to see a consistent movement from which i can confidently say i understand what you mean.. 

Trying to understand as your riding style looks the best to me (Tishawn appears very aggressive (and a bit dangerous at times) (love his videos though), Marty is the ultimate casual rider, Chooch is very natural but is never not carving, you to me appear the most fun/natural I have seen)

• Upvote 1