THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

For you Facebook users, here's a classic (and scary) example of speed wobbles

on a sports bike that would result in high side crash.  that guy just lost his skin and a big slice of his muscle on the asphalt

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 12:03 AM, winterwheel said:

The next idea was to export stitched 360 video from Fusion Studio, and then find an inexpensive alternative to Premier Pro to do the final overcapture, 4k render.

When you to stitch video using Fusion Studio, do you not get a 4K option during render?

rtaImage?eid=ka31J000000W6bO&feoid=00No0

From what I can tell from the GoPro website, YouTube 4K/H264 option is a preset in Fusion Studio. Then, if you wanted to edit further (without adding special effects), you could use a simple free tool like Avidmux to trim the video without re-rendering (which adds artifacts and bluriness with each pass).

1 hour ago, RayRay said:

When you to stitch video using Fusion Studio, do you not get a 4K option during render?

rtaImage?eid=ka31J000000W6bO&feoid=00No0

From what I can tell from the GoPro website, YouTube 4K/H264 option is a preset in Fusion Studio. Then, if you wanted to edit further (without adding special effects), you could use a simple free tool like Avidmux to trim the video without re-rendering (which adds artifacts and bluriness with each pass).

You can stitch to 4k 360 video, I always stitch into 5.2k 360 video, then hand the stitched 360 video off to Premier Pro to do overcapture/composition. The overcapture function in Fusion Studio only gives you 1080p or less no matter what you select on that dialog.

Edited by winterwheel
To clarify that 360 video is the result of stitching.

21 hours ago, winterwheel said:

You can stitch to 4k, I always stitch into 5.2k, then hand it off to Premier Pro to do overcapture/composition. The overcapture function in Fusion Studio only gives you 1080p or less no matter what you select on that dialog.

That is unfortunate.

I'm sure the maximum 5.2k resolution only applies to spherical (360) output. If you pick 5.2K, the render format will be ProRes. However, If you pick 4K, 3K, or 2K...  you will get H.264 render format. Perhaps if you avoid rendering to this format first, you can accomplish what you are trying to achieve without the need for double re-composition (and needless artifacts).

Edited by RayRay
1080p may be max w/o fisheye (or equirectangular)

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, csmyers said:

My friend was really stuck between the Inmotion V8 (Solowheel G3) and the Boosted Mini, so we filmed this comparison. Ultimately I think he settled with the EUC ;)

Enjoy!

Awesome review with good content :-) though I am not sure that the "majority" would learn to ride an EUC withing 3 hours (or maybe the do, then i just suck :))

• Like 2

2 hours ago, egiljo said:

What a save, and its full throttle afterwords .. (sorry about the off Euc topic)

Tank slapper in 5th - holy fock :D and look at the slomo how he (maybe unknowingly) counters the wobble with his left leg...Im sure he got quite a rush out of that one :D
(ps Full throttle is mandatory to prevent a face plant in such a scenario....break and ure down ds)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Electroman said:

I hope they do, all safety in the world as long as not touching any of my power/speed and I am a happy camper.

WHEELOG APP FTW
Monitor temperatures = a good idea.

NineBot (or set titlback very early on Tesla - I set mine around 40km/h to prevent constant beeps at 50 km/h during hard accel to top speed, this should be a programmed curve)
Shutting me off before I crash due to overloading the wheel = goof idea.

NineBot (or rather very annoying beeping with no possibility to shut of...at ninebot it starts around 16km/h (max is 20) which is just silly)
Wheel taking to me, or shouting in public = I will immediately murder his voice though.

NineBot (my mini plus segway is what is holding me back from going for the Z - I just cant stand the early tiltback with that constant beeping that I can NOT turn off if I want to)
Trying to strangle power output with a lot more still to give = nope! But I get the technical challenge to perfect these systems on a tight budget, it will come..

I have put Your above statements under the category of manufacturer

Ouch! These videos are better suited for folks not faint of heart. That face slide after that speed wobble looks brutal. I am really concerned with how he looked after that crash. But I don't know if I can handle seeing any pictures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maltocs said:

@Marty Backe , might want to hold off on your Insta360 One Purchase, or at least until 10.10.18 when they reveal their new product. 

Ug. Thanks. Unfortunately I believe it's a birthday gift from my wife, in a few days.

• Like 1

Today I took my Msuper X out to do some (safe but still fast) speed runs, attempting a possible 35mph or so. As soon as i went outside i noticed that the wind was far too high to really push it. Turns out, the wind is a double edged sword. Not only does it make it nearly impossible to hear the beeps, but it also makes the beeps come sooner when you are riding directly into it! A good thing to keep in mind for Gotway rider safety :D I hit the final alarm at only 32.8 mph with 80% battery, when in the past i have hit 35mph with only 40% --- so keep in mind, the wind can change a few things :P

• Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 1:37 PM, eddiemoy said:

My first contribution to the EUC university!

let me know what you guys think.  And let me know what is your slowest time to ride 20 feet!

Great video Eddie. OK, I need to see what my Mten3 and Z10 speeds are, since I consider both of those wheels to be superior slow speed EUCs.