THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

Come on out, since you're one of mars brothers as Hunka put it. Just PM me and you can use any one of my wheels... least I can do after all the torment I put you through lol... you can pay me back once you recieve your Z10...  One cool ass wheel man... :dribble:

Just may... I will bring my wheels... U on the list for a Z?

44 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

No not by chance and neither on purpose, but I will definitely look into getting one now that you mentioned it. So does that mean other sticks do not create this illusion of invisibility?  I thought it had to do with the camera and it’s blind spot and not with the stick. 

I was going to use this one:

Manfrotto 2 in 1 Monopod & Pole: http://amzn.to/2vPJBWu (did i mention it can be used as a monopod as well???)

As long as the attachment point on the end of stick is low profile (ie: circumference is no larger than the camera with no protruding knobs) you should be fine. In post you can always edit out unwanted imagery but it increases the work load.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Nope fortunately @Gustesta lets me ride as much as I want on group ride.  It's awesome... Maybe next year...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Japmerican said:

This is part 2 of the Inaugural Utah EUC Ride featuring Bracy, Gustesta, Mark Lee, Dan and Mark.

EUCs: Inmotion V10F, Gotway ACM2, KingSong KS-18S, Ninebot One Z10

Scooters: Dualtron II

Thanks @Japmerican!  Video is awesome!  Trail is superb!  And that Dualtron II was flying!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Almost as good as a drone! Rofl ? and probably much easier to handle.

But why is everybody so dead serious? Isn’t anybody using music ? while riding? It is so much fun!?

Nice! Yes, I'm always grooving to tunes. I use a Bluetooth speaker pointed to my head and attached to the inside of my backpack so the bass vibrates into my back. ?

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Marcglider said:

Would of figured you'd fly out.  That's long ass drive from Florida.  With all this riding on the wheels.  I'm thinking on taking up skiing again.  Gave it up long time ago but now I'm getting the itch and think I can pull it off.  I will definitely get a season pass when I retire from my day job.  Ski resort is only 20 minutes from my home.  Snow basin resort where we had downhill venue in 2002 Olympics. Where I broken my leg in three places as a kid LOL...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

His commentary at the very end sums up things nicely. Get your order in folks :D

See! And this is how the addiction starts! And the diZs will spread all over the country. Better call the WHO before it becomes pandemic.

? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

I took the new Insta 360 Action camera out. Nice to take mostly mindless raw footage first and worry about where to point the camera later. Only wish the resolution was better and the warbling noise the stabilization produces was less. I was able to play with the iOS app using ViewFinder Mode, Tiny Planet, and BulletTime and also the Insta 360 Studio Mac app using the cinematic Pivot Point modes. Lots to learn.

@Stan Onymous is riding his V10F and me the MCM5 going from the 2 Freeway to the peak of Mt Lukens, the highest point in Los Angeles proper. It is a 7 mile / 2500 ft elevation climb.  The MCM5 with my 205lb rider weight tilted back twice due to I think heat at about 77C per Wheellog. 

We found a round concrete disc on top of the mountain and had fun riding around it.

Badass concrete disc footage and the spinning at the end was super cool! 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Badass concrete disc footage and the spinning at the end was super cool! 

yeah, odd concrete disc at the top of a mountain which who knows what is under it. If I didn't already know what an 80s era missle silo looks like, that would have been my first guess!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maltocs said:

Not as bad as you think. I think it was 85F to start, BUT we start (2270ft  above sea level) a lot higher than the Mt Wilson Start (1224 ft above sea level). It got much cooler halfway into the ride when we rose above the marine layer. I was gonna message you to see if you want to go, but it was a school day and if you weren't going to take time off for the Z10, I knew you weren't going midweek for this. @Stan Onymous on the other hand is a rock star and keeps rock star hours, he's always good to go mid day mid week last minute.

Looks like an interesting ride. I look forward to trying it. Is there food and refreshments at the top :confused1:

7 minutes ago, maltocs said:

If getting you to join us involves telling you there is a juice bar, starbucks, and bikini clad women serving refreshing cocktails with little umbrellas in them, then YES, they are all there!

Fantastic! I was hoping this would be the case. The juice bar however, is an unexpected bonus.

In for the next ride :clap3:

7 hours ago, maltocs said:

We found a round concrete disc on top of the mountain and had fun riding around i

I Love Love Love that shot. Perfect music too! 

The long boom shot also looked tremendous! I think watching that video was about as fun as the ride. :clap3: 

You eally upped the West Coast, Los Angeles specifically, video game with that little Production!

I’m gonna watch it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

yeah, odd concrete disc at the top of a mountain which who knows what is under it. If I didn't already know what an 80s era missle silo looks like, that would have been my first guess!

I was thinking it was a reflective disk pad for a telescope. But now I am thinking air gun turret pad from WW2. You can see in every direction from up there.

I just googled it and the answer is...   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Lukens.   

Sister Elsie Peak is the subtitled name of the mountain.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I was thinking it was a reflective disk pad for a telescope. But now I am thinking air gun turret pad from WW2. You can see in every direction from up there.

I just googled it and the answer is...   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Lukens.   

Sister Elsie Peak is the subtitled name of the mountain.

But that article doesn't explain the purpose of the circular pad, or does it?

• Upvote 1