THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Great video! The E+ is such an elegant wheel. For me it is still the most genuine, puristic and beautiful wheel of them all. This is where it all started for me. Love you enthusiasm and the ? music and commentary. Good job! Definitely makes me ride my E+ tomorrow!

we call this: natsukashiI (懐かしい) in Japanese and I can’t it explain it. (Something like nostalgic but more and deeper) 

? 

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback and comments! 

I was surprised at how well it handled some rougher terrain and paths in the forest although I was very close to losing traction on som gravel on the sidewalk.

I am really loving this so far. The feeling of freedom is great. Hope you have an awesome ride tomorrow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback and comments! 

I was surprised at how well it handled some rougher terrain and paths in the forest although I was very close to losing traction on som gravel on the sidewalk.

I am really loving this so far. The feeling of freedom is great. Hope you have an awesome ride tomorrow!

The E+ is one of the only wheels I ever wrote in winter on snow and (not really successfully) on ice as well. It’s really fun in winter.

Now I am looking forward to my Z10 ride in the snow. I am quite sure it can handle ❄️ snow.

If you completely relax on your E+ it can handle almost everything. Be safe!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mono said:

I like to ride on gravel. It's IMHO also a great way to learn how to better control the wheel in various scenarios.

I agree. This is just a matter of technique. You can ride the Z on fine gravel, even on dry and wet sand, even in the Sahara if necessary!

Supirior riding skills! Lots of practice. I bet in one year you can even ride on water! ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

The E+ is one of the only wheels I ever wrote in winter on snow and (not really successfully) on ice as well. It’s really fun in winter.

Now I am looking forward to my Z10 ride in the snow. I am quite sure it can handle ❄️ snow.

If you completely relax on your E+ it can handle almost everything. Be safe!

That's going to be great considering I live in Sweden! :)

I'm going to practice every chance I get. It's the first thing I do when I get home from work. :lol:

The Z10 looks very interesting!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I agree. This is just a matter of technique. You can ride the Z on fine gravel, even on dry and wet sand, even in the Sahara if necessary!

Supirior riding skills! Lots of practice. I bet in one year you can even ride on water! ? 

I agree it helps with technique and can even be fun trying to cope with the surface, but there's only so much the tire and the entire wheel can handle before it bottoms out. The surface Mono was on seemed to be more shallow than the surface Lukasz was on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

That's going to be great considering I live in Sweden! :)

I'm going to practice every chance I get. It's the first thing I do when I get home from work. :lol:

The Z10 looks very interesting!

Yeah. It really is something to look forward to when you get home after work. Together with some safety gear I always keep two of my EUCs in my car ? (At present it is the Z10 and the E+ or ACM). The Z10 is for me and the other one is for anyone who shows interest in my pleasures. Both the E+ and the ACM are very good for learning the basics. I already taught a few people. My last student to my utmost surprise took less than a minute to master his first unsupported ride with the E+ and after an hour he was riding on one leg and doing jumps. But he is a professional skier and does a lot of in-line scating in the half pipe. Guess that helped a bit. ? 

And yes the Z10 keeps every bit of what its looks promise. It is not just a pleasure for the ?  it is a much greater pleasure for mind and soul. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Woww! I can see why you love this wheel. ?  Looking forward to you doing the same Flyby with your upcoming Z10. Would be interesting to see the differences in posture and hear your comments. 

❤️ the sound of the ACM2!

Edited by Toshio Uemura
Additions
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

The surface Mono was on seemed to be more shallow than the surface Lukasz was on.

You are probably right. It is not the texture but the depth of the surface that matters most. But looking at it over and over again, I am still wondering, if a fly-weight like me with a little less initial speed could not have mastered such killing fields. Have to try, if I find something similar. ?

6 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Woww! I can see why you love this wheel. ?  Looking forward to you doing the same Flyby with your upcoming Z10. Would be interesting to see the differences in posture and hear your comments. 

❤️ the sound of the ACM2!

The ACM2 really is a lovely wheel to ride. And although the motor is far from quiet, it's the best sounding wheel that I've ever ridden. It has this very cool rhythmic sound that gets louder the faster that you go :D 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/15/2018 at 4:59 AM, mrelwood said:

While I liked the music in your previous dance video (and the ”Lovely Day” at the end of this!) better, it’s always mesmerizing to watch you dance. Your control on the EUC and your balance is sublime!

Thank you! That song is a bit weird for sure. Blessings~

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM2 really is a lovely wheel to ride. And although the motor is far from quiet, it's the best sounding wheel that I've ever ridden. It has this very cool rhythmic sound that gets louder the faster that you go :D 

I think it’s a good thing that a unicycle makes some sound, so ?‍♀️ pedestrians hear us coming. The Tesla and the Z10 are almost too quiet for me, ninja like, because often on lonely nature paths or on the narrow roads between our rice fields, where people walk their dogs, it feels like you are sneaking up on people; nearing from behind they can not hear you approach and are sometimes frightened. So I really love the sound of my MSuper v3s+. Fortunately with the Z you can play Bach’s Goldberg Variations when approaching or some Visual Kei 

? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I think it’s a good thing that a unicycle makes some sound, so ?‍♀️ pedestrians hear us coming. The Tesla and the Z10 are almost too quiet for me, ninja like, because often on lonely nature paths or on the narrow roads between our rice fields, where people walk their dogs, it feels like you are sneaking up on people; nearing from behind they can not hear you approach and are sometimes frightened. So I really love the sound of my MSuper v3s+. Fortunately with the Z you can play Bach’s Goldberg Variations when approaching or some Visual Kei 

?

I've played many forms of music on the EUC, but never Bach. That seems like a great choice for the next time I'm riding nature trails. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had to Google  Visual Kei. You Japanese are crazy sometimes :lol:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You Japanese are crazy sometime

Sometimes?! Japan is THE land of unlimited impossibilities.

Wait until the first cosplay EUC events come up. 

Can I make you a fan of Visual Kei ...?!

It surely scares the dogs ? out of your way ..  ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've played many forms of music on the EUC, but never Bach. That seems like a great choice for the next time I'm riding nature trails. 

If I remember correctly you poked fun of me on one of my past videos that incorporated a mellow classical theme. A pay back may be in store.  ;)

• Like 3

On 8/14/2018 at 5:30 AM, Edddeus said:

Not sure if this has been posted on here. Just thought it was nice to see the KS18L being put through it's paces.

Video credit: Cosmo Wheeler

anyone knows what helmet this is? 

13 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I think it’s a good thing that a unicycle makes some sound, so ?‍♀️ pedestrians hear us coming.

Pedestrians won’t hear even the 16S whine in time, so don’t rely on any EUC sound to warn them and get out of the way!

Edit: As noted at the next page, that above is not at all the attitude I meant to reflect! It should say:

”don’t rely on any EUC sound to inform them that you wish to pass!”

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Pedestrians won’t hear even the 16S whine in time, so son’t rely on any EUC sound to warn them and get out of the way!

I guarantee that pedestrians hear my ACM2 coming, with it's very unique sound. Also, if you install a knobby tire like I did on one of my ACMs, they hear that too :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I like the stealthiness of the Tesla.  You can roll up behind people and creep them for quite some time before they realize you're there

❤️ the Radiohead revelation!

‘m just waiting for the day, when the old lady hits you hard with her ? umbrella or throws it at you ‘cause you frightened her or even worse shrieked her into a heart attack right in front of you. Not to forget about the cute girl that sprays the Ninja with pepper spray when creeping around ?‍♂️ behind her. ?‍♂️

Please don’t miss to follow-up here when this happens!

• Like 2