THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 hours ago, Augus said:

Yes, one of the policemen is a friend of mine (no policeman in real life), and he sent me the images and the short video.

photo_2018-08-01_09-08-13.jpg

Look at the unique @Marty Backe fanny packs they carry. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Both you and  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love are having rain issues while riding.

It’s Taifun Season in Japan. ? and with me it only rains, when I need a good cup of ️ .

Edited by Toshio Uemura

On 8/13/2018 at 3:23 AM, Juggler said:

It's good to see the Police are using EUC's, That must mean its the future!

I suggested to a police bike patrol here that they should trade their bikes for wheels, but their feeling is they would be stolen almost immediately. It would be nice to see some sort of GPS tracker built into wheels so this wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yegwheel said:

I suggested to a police bike patrol here that they should trade their bikes for wheels, but their feeling is they would be stolen almost immediately. It would be nice to see some sort of GPS tracker built into wheels so this wouldn't happen.

Do people steal their bikes all the time? 

11 minutes ago, stephen said:

this guy needs to learn a bit before he gets skills ?

Skills to do what? EUC tricks seems to be tagged, time to move on to next things to learn or? ?

On 8/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, Rama Douglas said:

While I liked the music in your previous dance video (and the ”Lovely Day” at the end of this!) better, it’s always mesmerizing to watch you dance. Your control on the EUC and your balance is sublime!

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, Boogieman said:

pedestrians...my god... Its like they think they own walk and bike roads

It never seazes to amaze me how inconsiderate some people are. A few times a bicyclist has zoomed from behind a bush or tunnel, carving sharply on the left side of the curve. (Right side traffic here.)

But as people are how they are, to avoid crashing we must prepare for the worst from others in all situations.

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I'm no longer a Virgin ? I've crashed after a thousand miles .. only a small one though 

Congrats on the crash! You took longer than I did to get my first real crash, but I think you were going faster than I was.  And mine was due to my own stupidity/not thinking.  I went up a hill and down at too sharp of an angle and caught my peddle on the hill.  Dropped like a rock.

Also as for the other video, I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one that tends to speed up after passing a bicyclist.  Is it subconcious or bragging rights?  I'm not sure, but I've noticed it with myself regularly even when I wasn't thinking of it.  Thanks for sharing!

45 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s definitely a vain but satisfying cat and mouse game with the bikers in their sausage casings. I love to let them pass, giving you their smugly smile and often a heartfelt ?. And after about 100 meters headstart I can’t help chasing after them passing by with a thumbs up ? back having them eat some dust. It’s so vain and childishly satisfying. I only pray I never take a face plant in such a situation. I definitely deserve it! ?

That describes EXACTLY how it is for me.  I let them pass occasionally and think to myself; ごくろさまです! Yes, in Japanese. I speak it fairly fluently, if it wasn't obvious with my username.  Then I continue for a while like you described before passing them and thinking; がんばります。

Edited by Japmerican

48 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Nice video @stephen, I too ride MSXena and love it... It is the most quiet wheel I have at the moment.  I noticed you are using 2 axis feet placement on the video.  Can I suggest move your left foot back a little more so that the tip of your shoe is 1" beyond front of the pedal(this is little tough on the calf but it gives so much more control), your right foot looks good I like my heel of the right foot even with back of right pedal and possibly move your right heel out maybe half an inch.  All this is just a suggestion from a fellow rider.  Keep up the good work thanks for the vid... :cheers:

np mate all suggestions welcome i do move my feet around a bit depending on terrain I'll have a go at my left foot more back but i do try to mix it up and find different style riding ???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Japmerican said:

That describes EXACTLY how it is for me.  I let them pass occasionally and think to myself; ごくろさまです! Yes, in Japanese. I speak it fairly fluently, if it wasn't obvious with my username.  Then I continue for a while like you described before passing them and thinking; がんばります。

For me it’s more like: 頑張ってねお前ら‼️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stephen said:

the msx is so quiet

Your’s seem even quite a bit quieter than mine! Mine goes ”wuw-wuw-wuw”, once every tire rotation.

Your comment inspired me to re-check the tire seating, and with a few tire weights I actually got it a bit smoother. Emergency brake wobbles diminished a good amount. So thank you for the inspiration! :clap3:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Your’s seem even quite a bit quieter than mine! Mine goes ”wuw-wuw-wuw”, once every tire rotation.

Your comment inspired me to re-check the tire seating, and with a few tire weights I actually got it a bit smoother. Emergency brake wobbles diminished a good amount. So thank you for the inspiration! :clap3:

yeah when i let mine down flat when i added some slime i had a little wobble so i did what i used to do with my fat bike tires,

qhen tyre flat put washing up liquid on rim pump to 50 psi so it pushes tyre to rim then let down to 20 psi , have a slow ride while bouncing up and down slightly, tyre will even out circumference wise then pump back up to required pressure . might be overkill but always worked on my fat bike tyre when had the wobbles and also worked on my msx ..no wobbles??

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1