THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Two orbits (45 ish seconds per orbit) and a landing with the Yuneec Breeze.

Nice pan, what a great location too.  Those houses are really nice, I especially like the one with the white fence.  So many small boats, just an interesting scene in general.  You're getting pretty good with the drone. 

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A bit breezy tonight! It shows.....I guess..

You can fly or flat spin the drone (for about 6 minutes per charge) at a point but....as you go higher the control input begins to get choppy and the video feed breaks up. So....the drone has an 'orbit mode'  (continuous programmed flight input) of defineable radius and a max speed setting elsewhere. Setting the radius to a larger value (this is my 1st time trying the orbit up high) with a slow max speed should give more slooooowness.....since the circumference of the orbit increases.

The wifi runs at 5 GHz wifi. Smaller drones like Tello use 2.4 GHz wifi. At 2.4 GHz a $12 wifi repeater extender is reported to not only improve range but also the video feed and controller input quality. It runs off the USB port of a 5volt phone recharger battery + an app to connect networks.

https://www.halfchrome.com/mi-wifi/

The Xiaomi Mi wifi extender / repeater won't work with the Breeze 5Ghz wifi.

One Breeze flyer I read about is experimenting with a 5 Ghz repeater (netis WF2710)

https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/breeze-range-extender.6001/

5 Ghz wifi repeaters are not readily found by Google, AliExpress, Amazon etc.

Yuneec has just released a new beefier drone than the Breeze called Mantis Q with a HALF HOUR flight time per charge , 4k video, face recognition and voice commands.

https://www.yuneec.com/en_GB/camera-drones/mantis-q/overview.html

Cool view at the end looking straight down at the brightly painted boat hulls.  That Breeze seems to be a good quality drone.

Muuuch nicer!  I think maybe a part of it before was that the pan speed made the image blurred so it was difficult to focus on the landscape.  The mind must signal to itself that whoa if the eyes can’t focus well we must be spinning way too quickly resulting in nausea.

With the slower pan and slight movment it makes it much nicer!

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

New member and first post. Have been lurking around here for over a month though. :)

Here is my contribution to the video thread. My first time riding outdoors. Until now I have been practicing in the basement corridor.

In my mind when I was planning today I figured the plastic grass would be great for not destroying my euc. But squishy is squishy and it was very hard to balance. Almost like starting all over again from the beginning. What I did learn today is that having my feet further on the pedals (heels in line with the pedal) made balancing easier; but also braking harder.

Here's the short version of the clip. There is also a longer version on my channel.

Greetings to you all.

That was great. You're going to love looking back at this video a year from now.

Yeah, riding on plastic grass is going to be awful. Try riding on carpet too :lol:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I don't want to be a killjoy, but...

Shouldn't videos posted in this thread have a relationship to EUC riding :confused1:

Don't we have that other thread that exists for posting non-EUC related content? That might be a good place to show these videos. Just a thought :whistling:

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

New member and first post. Have been lurking around here for over a month though. :)

Here is my contribution to the video thread. My first time riding outdoors. Until now I have been practicing in the basement corridor.

In my mind when I was planning today I figured the plastic grass would be great for not destroying my euc. But squishy is squishy and it was very hard to balance. Almost like starting all over again from the beginning. What I did learn today is that having my feet further on the pedals (heels in line with the pedal) made balancing easier; but also braking harder.

Here's the short version of the clip. There is also a longer version on my channel.

Greetings to you all.

that’s great!

i see you are learning to mount as you learn to ride. i chose to concentrate just on the riding part by using a rail to help me mount. 

if i had tried to learn the way you are doing it, my ankles would be shot. i finally can free mount now but it still ain’t pretty, and if a tree or fence s nearby, i’ll still use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:
7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I don't want to be a killjoy, but...

Hey....I found a Google Earth photo of a Griffith Park entrance with a high gate. It must have been awkward contacting park rangers to be let out. 

Hey....I found a Google Earth photo of a Griffith Park entrance with a high gate. It must have been awkward contacting park rangers to be let out. 

Griffith Park has no gates, at least on the ~50-miles worth of trails that I've ridden over the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Griffith Park has no gates, at least on the ~50-miles worth of trails that I've ridden over the last couple of years.

I love the way these conversations go back (sic) and forth.

My mistake....It was a post by you about 'Whittier Hills'

"And then we discovered that this entrance to the park closes at 6pm. Totally surrounded by 8-foot tall iron fences and a locked gate. We had to call a ranger dispatch, talk to a ranger, and wait almost an hour for him to show up"

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:

The Dualtron II is a monster scooter

There is something about this videography which my brain is unable to process... Can someone explain how this 'overcapture' feature is messing with me?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

There is one high gate at the Travel Town train exhibit off the 134 freeway and Pass ave. People do get stuck leaving their cars in there overnight, or probably calling the Ranger.

1 hour ago, RayRay said:

There is something about this videography which my brain is unable to process... Can someone explain how this 'overcapture' feature is messing with me?

It’s an invisible selfie stick. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Whittier Park incident:

Maybe this gate

Or another:

https://flic.kr/p/28VrJ9W

"Totally surrounded by 8-foot tall iron fences and a locked gate"

You said Griffith Park and that's why I made my comment. Yes, this is the gate that was locked and required a ranger to open for us after an hour wait. This is the EUC Video thread guys :huh:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hsiang said:

Here's my range test video for the IPS i5, I am pretty new at this video business so I hope it's fun to watch.

I pressed your like button also on your YouTube channel. This video feels meaningful because you had a story to tell, and you did it very well. Good work!
Regards from Finland

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Shouldn't videos posted in this thread have a relationship to EUC riding

For me but not explicitly for the viewer the video

https://youtu.be/YU4GCgt2QfY

is related to EUC riding in the subliminal (had to look that up) sense that it is an EUC which transported me (and the drone) to and from the drone flying site. Something like riding an EUC to a mountain view, taking a photo or video and not including the EUC.

The 'Long Point' Chandler Hovey park is where the lighthouse is ( barely) seen in the video's distant harbor view.  The lighthouse is a destination of many an EUC ride which includes going out on the causeway seen in the video to the 'Neck' and continueing to the lighthouse.

https://goo.gl/images/64tRbX

In my roller blading days when the USS Constitution sailed to (1997) and moored in the harbor , off Fort Sewall (originally during the war of 1812 ), I got around Marblehead on blades to out maneuver the crowds. Now I get around Marblehead on an EUC (day or night).

Another hard to see yet semi-prominent feature in the videos harbor view (left shore) is the peak of Abbot Hall where the painting 'Spirit of 76' is housed.

https://www.marblehead.org/selectmens-office/pages/marbleheads-spirit-76-painting

I pass Abbot Hall regularly on an EUC when riding the winding streets of Marblehead , headed towards the public dock where  benches allow anyone who reaches the dock to sit down and take in the view (winter, spring, Sumner, fall).

Using the drone to visualize the entire scene is interesting for me, an EUC rider in that area, but as feedback indicates it doesn't appear to be EUC related. It's just that an EUC is how I got there, get there, go out to the Neck and get back from it. Parking....is not a problem for the EUC.

I decided to post the video primarily because of its unique perspective of an area where I ride an EUC with a good view of the boats in the harbor during summer, before they disappear for the late fall, winter and early spring.

Race Week in Marblehead is when dedicated sail boat sailors race off the coast, leaving the harbor by class type and returning to moorings following a race.

http://www.mheadrace.org/page/racing_results/race_week

These are some of my pictures from 1997 of Old Ironsides (USS Constitution) in Marblehead harbor (Chandler Hovey lighthouse at right) plus a Blue Angels flyover. 

Old Ironsides (USS Constitution) in Marblehead harbor 1997 plus Blue Angels flyoverOld Ironsides (USS Constitution) in Marblehead harbor 1997 plus Blue Angels flyover

(My recent (2018) drone flying site in the video is along the shore in the lower right parking lot and Devereux beach is to the left)

https://flic.kr/p/27h4WQC

https://flic.kr/p/LgXNAF

https://flic.kr/p/LgXNAv

https://www.legendinc.com/Pages/MarbleheadNet/MM/Articles/ConstitutionVisit.html

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  T E S L A all the way, baby!  

I have not tried the Z, but seems like Tesla is still the fastest around. 35 km/h feel slow now, but i keep the warning beep on since it helps somewhat to make people look before they cross a bicylce path, but still even women with kids on the back of their bike just step right out on the bicycle lane....and pedestrians...my god... Its like they think they own walk and bike roads and can walk any way they like. Have many times had the urge to just push them aside at 20ish km/h (even if not needed) to make them wake the f up. People are stupid, blind and wreckless.

So far i adjust and just tell them, but my patience is on the brink of going into anger, cause some day they will cause an accident even if not with me.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

It’s an invisible selfie stick. 

When it also removes the shadow of the stick, THEN i will be impressed :-)

i thought about getting a yi vr camera with a stick as they are edited out automatically...would be pretty neat with the VR vision when riding and filming :-D

20 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

This is how I did my practice:

Day 1: Turned it on in the living room. Held myself up with the help of walls in a small hallway. Asked myself... oh no why did I buy this.
Day 2: Went down to the long hallway in the basement. Practised for 15 minutes. Died. Rested and did other stuff. Thought about my life, who I am, etc. Continued practising. Rested. Questioned my existence. And also recorded some clips.

Day 3: More practice in the basement.
Day 4: Mounting and unmounting in the basement. This was hell.
Day 5: Mounting, unmounting, high speed slow speed and turn attempts. In the basement of course.
Day 6: Was today. First time outdoors.

Definitely there was a lot of mounting going on today haha.

Here is the clip from day 2. The walls were very comforting for me so today was scary:

Selfie stick in tight spaces on 2nd day, damn thats really good in my opinion :-) i haven't tried that yet, but imagine it takes some of the balance away, like when riding with grocery bags.

My tesla trials was with a fence so had gloves to catch/slide on fence and a belt attached to the tesla that i held onto to catch tesla as i fell,so Day:

1. Mount unmount until beat. Rest 1h mount unmount. Aso for like 4-5h

2. Ride along fence on sideway tilting asphalt, grab fence instead of falling. Made my first 10m stretch without grabs.

3. Ride along fence, then into park amd ride around 90degree turns.

4. Ride in park first roundabouts (this was a bit tricky at first) and later on grass, went pretty well but had fwd tilt (tesla feature i later learned) due to bumpiness

5. Felt that park worked fine and roundabouts too agter this day

6. Spin around bicycle lanes in the town...and from there it was mostly wobbles in high speed that worried me, when braking and when bending knees too much. Remedy for me:

- straighten knees (helped A LOT) only small bend to not put all force on the joint.

- lower air pressure from max 45 to 38-40psi (i weigh around 90kg) helped with wobbles and made ride quite a lot smoother over bumps.

- braking still wobbles as i do "sitback" braking from high speed, but...its just wobble...nothing happens really so after several weeks i got used to it.

- Also when going over bumps in high speed it sometimes wobbles a bit..but it sorts itself out.

now its been like 6weeks riding and 900km ridden and I don't think about stepup, but sometimes adjust foot stance slightly as i get 2nd foot up to have equal pressure on calves. Bumps, offroad in the woods, and highish speed (40-45km/h) also feels very comfortable. Jumping trials currently and thats a bit hard as i want to maintain contact with foot pads which i dont allways have and as you land with one foot first the tesla steers quickly in that direction and makes me look like a beginner without balance again :-)

As I started to ride shopping with it and one day as i rode with two plastic bags it was quite windy...damn that alllmost threw me over as the wind caught the "sails" of the bags so had to slow down a lot.

I see many summers of riding to learn more stuff and thats what makes it fun. My ninebot mini plus bored me after just 3-4weeks (20km/h max and small wheels and too easy to ride) so thats just a shopping vehicle now :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Selfie stick in tight spaces on 2nd day, damn thats really good in my opinion :-) i haven't tried that yet, but imagine it takes some of the balance away, like when riding with grocery bags.

My tesla trials was with a fence so had gloves to catch/slide on fence and a belt attached to the tesla that i held onto to catch tesla as i fell,so Day:

1. Mount unmount until beat. Rest 1h mount unmount. Aso for like 4-5h

2. Ride along fence on sideway tilting asphalt, grab fence instead of falling. Made my first 10m stretch without grabs.

3. Ride along fence, then into park amd ride around 90degree turns.

4. Ride in park first roundabouts (this was a bit tricky at first) and later on grass, went pretty well but had fwd tilt (tesla feature i later learned) due to bumpiness

5. Felt that park worked fine and roundabouts too agter this day

6. Spin around bicycle lanes in the town...and from there it was mostly wobbles in high speed that worried me, when braking and when bending knees too much. Remedy for me:

- straighten knees (helped A LOT) only small bend to not put all force on the joint.

- lower air pressure from max 45 to 38-40psi (i weigh around 90kg) helped with wobbles and made ride quite a lot smoother over bumps.

- braking still wobbles as i do "sitback" braking from high speed, but...its just wobble...nothing happens really so after several weeks i got used to it.

- Also when going over bumps in high speed it sometimes wobbles a bit..but it sorts itself out.

now its been like 6weeks riding and 900km ridden and I don't think about stepup, but sometimes adjust foot stance slightly as i get 2nd foot up to have equal pressure on calves. Bumps, offroad in the woods, and highish speed (40-45km/h) also feels very comfortable. Jumping trials currently and thats a bit hard as i want to maintain contact with foot pads which i dont allways have and as you land with one foot first the tesla steers quickly in that direction and makes me look like a beginner without balance again :-)

As I started to ride shopping with it and one day as i rode with two plastic bags it was quite windy...damn that alllmost threw me over as the wind caught the "sails" of the bags so had to slow down a lot.

I see many summers of riding to learn more stuff and thats what makes it fun. My ninebot mini plus bored me after just 3-4weeks (20km/h max and small wheels and too easy to ride) so thats just a shopping vehicle now :-)

Damn man thanks for that awesome post of your experience. Very impressive amount of km you've put on your tesla so far.
Initially I was thinking of getting the Tesla and just going straight to the end game.
But this Ninebot E+ sort of fell into my hands when I was at MediaMarkt one day and they had one left brand new in the box for 6000 SEK.

Are you happy with it? I found that I can lean/sit back into the brakes better with my heels hanging over the pedals (foot centered over the pedal). But my forward balance is affected so I am better balanced with my heels lined up with the pedal. We'll see how that goes in time.

Where are you riding the Tesla? Has anyone ever complained? I live in Stockholm (south near Älvsjö) and do a lot of electric longboarding with my wife. Our boards max at 40km/h and have a range of 30-40km depending on how hard we push them. Lower speed = more mileage per charge. We always slow down around pedestrians but my wife especially likes speeding about and it's not unusual for us to go around 30-35 km/h on some of the bigger bike paths.

Are you happy with the Tesla?

I understand you not getting any thrills with the mini. We have electric scooters as well that max at 20-22km/h and sure it's good for a short run at the shop but nothing that gets our adrenaline pumping haha. :)