THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

most likely I'll be getting one, hopefully I can hit close to 60km/:w00t2:

You know you can reach 60km/h quite comfortably with the 100V Monster. I am Yet to hear the Final alarm still! It Is different to the 84V you previously owned I have been told and is silent. Acceleration isn't far off from the Tesla, If anything it is even more eye watering as you reach greater speeds than you would on a 16 inch wheel. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

I can neither confirm nor deny any claims of that being a “sex swing” as I would like to continue having some plausible deniability about the existence of such a device.  :innocent1:  It does beg to question how Mrs. TFU is so knowledgeable regarding said apparatus.  :whistling:   Then again, I never knew what Ben Wa balls were for until I started shopping on Amazon.  They got everything!  :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey @Hunka Hunka Burning Love… This is something you could probably provide an expert opinion about...

First off, ignore the scooter fire - then, 12 seconds in the guy starts rushing out. And on his way he bumps what looks like some type of "exotic swing."   :shock2:

Are you able to confirm or deny that???   :blink1:

Mrs. TFU is adamant that is what it is - I didn't even understand until she drew me pictures...

Wow, that is some FIREWORK and that's a small battery compared to most EUC's ? i guess there is no safe place to store it except outside... In a sand pit, while it's raining ?

Funny thing is it seems like the FIREWORK started as he unplugged the charger. Lesson learned, leave it plugged in and run for an extinguisher instead ?

The swing looks more like....a half hanged HH hammock to me ?

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Wow, that is some FIREWORK and that's a small battery compared to most EUC's ? i guess there is no safe place to store it except outside... In a sand pit, while it's raining ?

Funny thing is it seems like the FIREWORK started as he unplugged the charger. Lesson learned, leave it plugged in and run for an extinguisher instead ?

The swing looks more like....a half hanged HH hammock to me ?

No. The battery Popped first and it started smoking as he was unplugging it.

Gee! I am going to have to start calling you Marty 'Fly' Backe. Good control of the wheel during the speed wobbles. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Gee! I am going to have to start calling you Marty 'Fly' Backe. Good control of the wheel during the speed wobbles. 

That section of the path where I was getting some wobbles was rather bumpy. Unavoidable, but they were rather mellow as wobbles go :)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Slowmotion Inmotion with cool camera angle over pedestrian suspension bridge...

The sound (crack pop) @1.30

Is that your reaction from the passing of the right hand side group of.....recreation subjects?

Sincerely, it sounded like cracking wood(y) ☺️

Sorry...it was just to good of an incident not to comment ?

boogie

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

On 7/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, Marty Backe said:

I no longer store any of my wheels in the house. I haven't heard of anything like this happening to a quality EUC, but there's always a first.

@Marty Backeis in California, where the weather is nice enough to store EUCs outside of house. For most other places, outside storage may be either too hot or cold for battery health. For example, in my place, the outside temperature in summers can be 100+ Fs in the shade. So what to do? 

Anyway, these are the requirements for outside storage: 1) Dry, 2) Sealed enough to prevent insects to get in, 3) mild temperature, 4) isolated enough to prevent fire damage to house, 5) with power outlet for charging. Anyone has ideas how to achieve these?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rama Douglas said:

Slowmotion Inmotion with cool camera angle over pedestrian suspension bridge...

Don’t you just hate pedestrian roadblocks?

42866420525_3762dd2dc3_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, EUCMania said:
On 7/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backeis in California, where the weather is nice enough to store EUCs outside of house

Unless one of those pesky earthquakes knocks over his EUC storage shed. :roflmao:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

@Marty Backeis in California, where the weather is nice enough to store EUCs outside of house. For most other places, outside storage may be either too hot or cold for battery health. For example, in my place, the outside temperature in summers can be 100+ Fs in the shade. So what to do? 

Anyway, these are the requirements for outside storage: 1) Dry, 2) Sealed enough to prevent insects to get in, 3) mild temperature, 4) isolated enough to prevent fire damage to house, 5) with power outlet for charging. Anyone has ideas how to achieve these?

If I had to store my wheels inside and I was concerned, I would invest in a fireproof storage cabinet, the kind which are regularly used to store flammable liquids. Probably a few hundred dollars but well worth the piece of mind.

4905129__18434.1398028559.1280.1280.jpg?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If I had to store my wheels inside and I was concerned, I would invest in a fireproof storage cabinet, the kind which are regularly used to store flammable liquids. Probably a few hundred dollars but well worth the piece of mind.

4905129__18434.1398028559.1280.1280.jpg?

In Sweden, us people that live in bougjt apartments:

1. Store it outside = stolen by gypsies or imigrants within 24h even if its inside the complex backyard. they steal bikes and motorbikes thatare locked doen within bars/bsckyard so...NO ?

2. Store it inside = only solution.

3. Adding a cabinet like that, inside an apartment on 80-100sqm = kill all design u worked for...not an option... unless u live alone and dont care (no wife king or the likes lol)

4. Add a sprinkler system right above...hmmm Water...batteries...NO

5. Store it inside, ad a smoke detector and have a ? extinguisher in every corner of the room. Probably viable

6. Just put it against a wall, standing in the styrofoam it was delivered in, plug it in overnight sleeping in another room with closed door.....Most probable solution...not a good one but ? thats how I store mine and think every day that...lets hope that last crash didnt knick the battery pack.....hmmm i really need a better solution ?

20180801_001844.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If I had to store my wheels inside and I was concerned, I would invest in a fireproof storage cabinet, the kind which are regularly used to store flammable liquids.

I got a glimpse of your storage facility.

29900601778_a5ba93e62b_b.jpg

• Like 2

Still working on nailing this short passage.
Path lean sideway and vegetation constantly snagging pedals.
Going too slow and vegetation will snag pedal and turn you sideways, too fast and you might overcompensate and go into the field.

https://youtu.be/kuRmas0hjOM

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

New Video - Ninebot Z10 initial setup and mods.. comments / questions here and on YT  welcomed...

1. Note that reflex tape is normally not legal as it is not E-marked

2. I love the "kick mod" for the pedals - godda put that on my Tesla :D

3. The light seems odd. Manufacturing fault? Or is there any calibration (fwd/bwd tilt) like on the Gotway Tesla that is WAY OFF?

11 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

1. Note that reflex tape is normally not legal as it is not E-marked

2. I love the "kick mod" for the pedals - godda put that on my Tesla :D

3. The light seems odd. Manufacturing fault? Or is there any calibration (fwd/bwd tilt) like on the Gotway Tesla that is WAY OFF?

ad1. I have used locally (EU) available high grade reflective tape - what do You mean by "E-marked"?

ad2. I will make those kick plates available (it works well with Gotway also - already tested on M-super) for something like 15 Euro + shipment cost by post.    I just need to figure out how to set Paypal also for payment reception.  This is my own idea, design and print.  Can be printed is silver from high quality Ultra PLA so it matches with steel pedals well.

ad3. This is unfortunately design fault, as I have compared it with other Z10 unit, however I think that it shall be replaced by Ninebot FOC as this light is NO GO for me. I will have to make mod with the LED placement inside the lamp, or use some kind of prism, or in emergency use tape to block some of the "upper beam"

Edited by Lukasz

19 hours ago, Boogieman said:

The sound (crack pop) @1.30

Is that your reaction from the passing of the right hand side group of.....recreation subjects?

Sincerely, it sounded like cracking wood(y) ☺️

?

I must have hit the camera on the side railing. ?