THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Here’s me and @mrelwood riding and testing the new V10F firmware. Feels really good except for the bug giving the warning too early and badly done tilt back. I tested yesterday but didn’t go fast enough to notice it. Don’t upgrade before Inmotion has released a fixed version. After that it’s really good.

Did some climbing test also, that feels better now. It’s really good at going uphill fast!

Riding mostly on trails again. For this use this firmware is ok because you cannot go so fast anyway. The agility factor has gone way up since I’ve got used to it and now with this firmware. New riders will feel top heavy and previously also sluggish. Now the sluggish part is fixed and top heavy is a matter of learning and getting stronger.

I also updated the firmware last night, with no problems. Today  I went out for some extreme trail ridding, most extreme to date. I will say that the wheel performed amazing! I took several hills that had to be around 40 degrees and varied from around 50 to 100’ long. The wheel was going much faster up the hills with less effort on my part. I did not go any faster than 19mph, I took @eddiemoys advice to avoid being thrown off:blink1: . So far, at least for trail riding the update has made the wheel better, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jpd said:

hills that had to be around 40 degrees

Really? You might want to watch the video in the post you quoted... ;) Slope degrees are a lot smaller than they appear.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Really? You might want to watch the video in the post you quoted... ;) Slope degrees are a lot smaller than they appear.

I’m not positive on the exact slope. I am a custom home framer so I have a pretty good idea. The hill I was on today was like riding up an 8/12 roof. But I guess that’s around 34 degrees.

Edited by Jpd

On the video @UniVehje needed several retries to get up about 5' long 28 degree slope. And he's got no balls missing when riding. The steepest uphill (30' long) I've done is 19 degrees. And I don't think I'll ever be able to do any steeper. 40 degrees is in a whole different ballpark, and sounds unbelievable.

YoshiSkySun

Very nice video, but it was hard to tell which euc you were riding?  It there a seat? Amazing to ride in that position for such long periods. I think you do that a lot, if I recall from Marty's and other's videos. I am glad to see you making your own video. Keep it up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jpd said:

I also updated the firmware last night, with no problems. Today  I went out for some extreme trail ridding, most extreme to date. I will say that the wheel performed amazing! I took several hills that had to be around 40 degrees and varied from around 50 to 100’ long. The wheel was going much faster up the hills with less effort on my part. I did not go any faster than 19mph, I took @eddiemoys advice to avoid being thrown off:blink1: . So far, at least for trail riding the update has made the wheel better, imo. 

I am glad you had a good ride, but I think you are a little over enthusiastic with the V10F's climbing ability. A 40 degree grade would make the steepest street in the world look like flat lands at 83% incline. Even 40% ( I assume is what you meant) is steeper than any USA street climb. To go inclines longer than a ramp (50 - 100 ft) would be very impressive, especially with no over-heating. 

10 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

I'll chime in cause we rode together in SF recently, it's an ACM! I'm very impressed he could sit on it!

Actually one guy who rides with us (Vano) managed to sit on it, and is way too tall to be doing so! ?

image.thumb.png.a138e111f9167ff61c827e5c85ca1714.png

Here's a video of our ride /w non-euc vehicles, don't think I posted it in this thread before:

Thanks for the Twin Peeks video! I have seen that ride from the e-boarder's point of view, which obviously concentrates on the e-boards. Eucs rule. The top e-scooters have more power, but not the maneuverability and nimbleness. Thanks for sharing.

2 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Thanks for the Twin Peeks video! I have seen that ride from the e-boarder's point of view, which obviously concentrates on the e-boards. Eucs rule. The top e-scooters have more power, but not the maneuverability and nimbleness. Thanks for sharing.

Twin Peaks in San Francisco is one of my favorite rides. EUCs definitely rule around San Francisco for their power for climbing hills, and we often tow people to the top of Twin Peaks. But like you said, the nimbleness is key, especially in a city.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

These guys are insane,  and I'm so glad the wheels survived through all these tortures. 

Love this video. Some of the best sponsored content I’ve seen. They’re all having so much fun!

• Like 2

These guys are insane,  and I'm so glad the wheels survived through all these tortures. 

i’d be surprised if after this session a bunch of them didn’t buy a wheel. they were having so much fun.

Good o'l braille skate videos.  They have some pretty good stuff.   I like when they start doing the jumps towards the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noisycarlos said:

Nice! I'm glad you got that deer on video, that was cool. Also, I didn't know they closed the Hollywood sign.

Meanwhile (you can't tell in the video, but it's really steep, I kept slipping)....

Wow, that did not look fun. About how long did it take you to get to an Uber access point?