THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well this is not @Marty Backe film quality or landscaped nor is it @eddiemoy fast or stress test...But...

From not being able to balance  on either foot while putting on my socks back in Marts 18..to this bit.. ..I am extremely pleased how my Inmotion V8 has helped to train my balance and how I can ride to work.

To me this have been life altering to quote another video here what his first ride felt like. As for my you can see some of my first learning vids in Inmotion thread where I asked for tips to fix rookie foam/airback on my wheel.

Nice. So I gather that was your route to work? How I wish I lived close enough to ride my wheel to and from work! Yours looks like a very pleasant trip.

There's something magical about the early period when we start riding. Even riding to the grocery store is exciting and fun. I have fond memories of the first few months when I explored every tiny bit of the town I live in :)

Are you using the Sony X3000 camera? I've never mounted mine directly on the wheel (yet) but it looks like the optical stabilization is very effective at removing the severe vibrations from the wheel.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you using the Sony X3000 camera? I've never mounted mine directly on the wheel (yet) but it looks like the optical stabilization is very effective at removing the severe vibrations from the wheel.

Yep it is my Sony FDR-X3000R cam mounted on the front right side about the height of the headlight with a suctioncup. It kind of add to the sensation of movement and that you are part of the ride. I kind of gave up on the gimbal idea. Might get a drone at some point to get a @Rehab1view of my ride. Bit right now I am having my target set on a KS18L....

Edited by Unventor
Note, due to cams mounting it picks up the wheels sound in the mic. Some started to shout barring issues. Me not so sure. I do not feel anything. To me some is just crying wolf....
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

To me this have been life altering to quote another video here what his first ride felt like. As for my you can see some of my first learning vids in Inmotion thread where I asked for tips to fix rookie foam/airback on my wheel.

The video looks great! Very little vibration. There is a plethora of sport camera  mounting options currently available so it is fun to experiment.  At one time I had 6 GoPro self stick mounts on my little Mten3. 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I kind of gave up on the gimbal idea. Might get a drone at some point to get a @Rehab1view of my ride.

Drones are great for filming but taking video without the controller in hand can get frustrating. During autotrac mode my drone will sometimes loose track of me and then I have to stop filming and ride all the waaay back to the controller’s location, wait for it to return home and then start over. 

I know your suppose to fly with the controller in hand but to me it just looks unprofessional :facepalm: recording EUC video while holding onto a box full of antennas.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That was fantastic Carlos. You shouldn't have waited so long to publish ;) I smell a group ride :lol:

Your commentary was hilarious ("At least he's clean"), and that video footage from the film, where something's in the storm drain - classic.

Thanks!

I know, I kept putting it off because I knew the editing would take a while (it did take like 3 or 4 weeks on and off, but full on for at least half of that). People seem to be liking it though, so ?

For a group ride, not sure how many people would show up, lol .Those round tunnels were really fun to ride on though. Maybe there are some with um, easier access and no residents.

Edited by noisycarlos
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The video looks great! Very little vibration. There is a plethora of sport camera  mounting options currently available so it is fun to experiment.  At one time I had 6 GoPro self stick mounts on my little Mten3. 

Drones are great for filming but taking video without the controller in hand can get frustrating. During autotrac mode my drone will sometimes loose track of me and then I have to stop filming and ride all the waaay back to the controller’s location, wait for it to return home and then start over. 

I know your suppose to fly with the controller in hand but to me it just looks unprofessional :facepalm: recording EUC video while holding onto a box full of antennas.

Exactly. If possible never show the camera mounts, never look at the camera, etc. It's all about maintaining the suspension of disbelief. In my opinion that all goes out the window when you start looking at the camera or fiddling with a control box.

29 minutes ago, noisycarlos said:

Thanks!

I know, I kept putting it off because I knew the editing would take a while (it did take like 3 or 4 weeks on and off, but full on for at least half of that). People seem to be liking it though, so ?

For a group ride, not sure how many people would show up, lol .Those round tunnels were really fun to ride on though. Maybe there are some with um, easier access and no residents.

Not many people have been showing up for our regular group rides, so who cares. The hard core EUCers can make adventures like this and the rest can do what they do :D

We'll have to schedule one - just not during the rainy season.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Not many people have been showing up for our regular group rides, so who cares. The hard core EUCers can make adventures like this and the rest can do what they do :D

Alright then, get some rubber boots and big headlight, lol.

Just gotta figure out if it's still open. Like I mentioned in the video, they did a big sweep and arrests in November after they found a wooden bunker and 1000 stolen bikes a mile or two away from the tunnel we were in... http://www.anaheimblog.net/2017/11/17/underground-bunker-constructed-by-homeless-and-stash-of-1000-bikes-discovered-on-santa-ana-river-trail/

Edited by noisycarlos

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hmm I wonder whether they may have showed up at the wrong time.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2018 at 10:26 PM, Edddeus said:

I know the KS16s has been out for a while, this is SpeedyFeet first ever review of Kingsong.

I enjoy Ian's videos, but it kind of feels like he's reviewing a 57 Chevy. Been there, done that. Amazing how that wheel seems passe. Who's going to buy a KS16S in 2018 when you can buy a Tesla or V10F? I suppose there may be a market for people who are only aware of the wheels that Speedyfeet sells. I wish him luck, but it seems like a tough sell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I enjoy Ian's videos, but it kind of feels like he's reviewing a 57 Chevy. Been there, done that. Amazing how that wheel seems passe. Who's going to buy a KS16S in 2018 when you can buy a Tesla or V10F? I suppose there may be a market for people who are only aware of the wheels that Speedyfeet sells. I wish him luck, but it seems like a tough sell.

i like his videos too, he usually has his dog in them.

when youtube suggested i watch this video, i did kinda feel like back to the future.

i don’t see myself going back to a tire narrower than 2.5”, except for practicing and teaching, only because i’ve got 5 of them anyway.

i’m gonna be busy just rotating all the new wheels. 

hopefully Bob will grow out of his add and be a good riding partner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

As long as the price for the KS16S does not drop I am with you. Its about 1500€-1600€ here, just like the V10F. If the price would drop to 1000€ I would buy a KS16S instead of the V10F, at the moment I think it is overpriced like all wheels are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Who's going to buy a KS16S in 2018 when you can buy a Tesla or V10F?

Someone who doesn’t like tall wheels for example. And the handle truly is something that has great benefits. The V10F handles so differently, the 16S has a much snappier and agile flavor.

But the price issue does remain. I did buy my 16S a year ago at Ali for under 1000€, as did my brother a few months back. Local sellers (and manufacturers) should definitely follow markets closer, as @Beowolve said, for a grand I’m sure it would still have reasonable sales.

• Like 2

The 16S feels more nimble than the V10F.  I like the feel of the shorter body and the lower center of mass.  The wheel is more easy to handle.  Guess they are different enough.   Maybe if KS can update it with more power and speed, it will be a hands down winner imo.  But as it stands, I think there is still a place for it.  The V 10F with its early speed throttling, you don’t really have a 25mph wheel anyway.  They still have to fix the off the line acceleration throttling on the V10F, it is really annoying.

the V10F is starting to remind me of the Msuper with the high center of mass which I don’t like feeling.  Though the stance is not wide like the Msuper.  I think the 18L lad lower center of mass making it feel more nimble.  Weird, starting to get what you were saying about these wheels.   They are all a little different.  Will give the Msuper x a try with an open mind.   Lol

• Like 1

Who's going to buy a KS16S in 2018 when you can buy a Tesla or V10F?

If I needed a dedicated low-range (5km or so) city commuter, I'd get a 16S. It's like a narrower, less clunky, slicker ACM (low form factor) with a great handle, it's perfect for that. Don't like the narrow and tall V10(F) form factor.

So I guess you can see it like the 18S now, not a wheel you'd usually buy as your first or only wheel (well you can, it's still great, but there are stronger and newer options now for the same money), but a wheel that might find some dedicated fans. The form factor is its strength.

Differentiation is like this now:

IPS (ultra thin) --> Inmotion (tire+shell thin) --> KS (thicker, with thin batteries on the side) --> GW (widest, fat batteries on the side)

So they all have their unique points.

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Someone who doesn’t like tall wheels for example. And the handle truly is something that has great benefits. The V10F handles so differently, the 16S has a much snappier and agile flavor.

But the price issue does remain. I did buy my 16S a year ago at Ali for under 1000€, as did my brother a few months back. Local sellers (and manufacturers) should definitely follow markets closer, as @Beowolve said, for a grand I’m sure it would still have reasonable sales.

The price of the KS16S is it's major benefit now. In the United States it's still substantially cheaper than the other options.

I agree that the trolley handle is the best, but I never make a decision to buy a wheel based on the trolley handle. That's me though. I understand everyone has different priorities.

6 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The 16S feels more nimble than the V10F.  I like the feel of the shorter body and the lower center of mass.  The wheel is more easy to handle.  Guess they are different enough.   Maybe if KS can update it with more power and speed, it will be a hands down winner imo.  But as it stands, I think there is still a place for it.  The V 10F with its early speed throttling, you don’t really have a 25mph wheel anyway.  They still have to fix the off the line acceleration throttling on the V10F, it is really annoying.

the V10F is starting to remind me of the Msuper with the high center of mass which I don’t like feeling.  Though the stance is not wide like the Msuper.  I think the 18L lad lower center of mass making it feel more nimble.  Weird, starting to get what you were saying about these wheels.   They are all a little different.  Will give the Msuper x a try with an open mind.   Lol

The MSuper X will remind you of the V10F. It's because the pedals are high relative to the wheel size, just like the V10F. So I suspect you're not going to like that aspect of it because you're not into the high-center-of-mass feeling. I suspect the MSuper X will appeal more to the off-road rider, with the huge 3-inch tire and tall pedals, and of course power.

Since I'll have my MSuper X soon, I'll be able to better directly compare it to the KS18L that I'll eventually get from @Jason McNeil. I very much look forward to comparing how the wheels handle in the identical circumstances (mountain trail riding mostly). I'll be able to compare the Z10 to the X also.

really wish the 18L had a bigger battery option. It's way to limiting for the kind of riding that I would use it for :crying:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The MSuper X will remind you of the V10F. It's because the pedals are high relative to the wheel size, just like the V10F. So I suspect you're not going to like that aspect of it because you're not into the high-center-of-mass feeling. I suspect the MSuper X will appeal more to the off-road rider, with the huge 3-inch tire and tall pedals, and of course power.

Since I'll have my MSuper X soon, I'll be able to better directly compare it to the KS18L that I'll eventually get from @Jason McNeil. I very much look forward to comparing how the wheels handle in the identical circumstances (mountain trail riding mostly). I'll be able to compare the Z10 to the X also.

really wish the 18L had a bigger battery option. It's way to limiting for the kind of riding that I would use it for :crying:

We’re looking forward to see those test soon. ?

I can’t wait to get my KS18L too. :w00t2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I really wish the 18L had a bigger battery option.

Exactly. And even a possibility for a 3” tire mod. Had it both, I would’ve absolutely bought it instead. But as it doesn’t, I bought the X.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, noisycarlos said:

And here it is. It was quite a ride.

That was a lot of fun to watch, Carlos, thanks for taking the time to document that, edit it and share it.

• Like 1