THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

If you don't ride like an asshole in Manhattan, you'd quickly realize that you're just riding in a straight line on perfectly flat elevation, with only 90 degree turns to spice things up on the concrete grid.

A1qqYJPz8DL.jpg

40 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

that looked like big fun.

dammit, now i gotta sell a few cows so i can get the Z10. 

does it have a tire load stamp? just curious what the tire manufacturer thinks the max load is?

Nice group ride Eddie Moy, I can only imagine how comfortable you must be riding the KS18s. ?

Edited by Edddeus

34 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

like the ktm stickers.

i agree with u about the 16s. i hate mushy anything.

i think if u love the 16s, and i love mine, u would be blown away with the V10F.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

don’t worry, those must be “newbie” wobbles. they’ll go away after a few thousand miles.

i started a wobble topic because of the issues i was having with my s2. turns out it was the tire bead had gotten unseated a little, but nooo, all anybody had to say was “must be newbie wobbles” even though i never experienced wobbles and i was over a couple of hundred miles at the time.

so “experts” does Marty have newbie wobbles, or is it something else?

when my tire was screwed up, my wobbles weren’t as bad as urs, but i wasn’t going as fast. sure, i get little correction wobbles after an irregularity on my road, but not like ur new wheel. i would not like that. the difference is, my s2 would wobble on perfect pavement once i got to about 8mph.

Oh let it be.:whistling: Your like a "D" student who gleefully points out a spelling error made by his professor as if that some how equalizes his and the professor's knowledge on the particular subject. 

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Always be filming! (a lesson I've yet to learn because i hate huge file sizes and sifting through that long footage!

I understand where you're coming from (figuratively and literally), but how do you understand US new york riders if you haven't lived a mile in our shoes commuting here in the reality of the NYC traffic jungle?

For example:

Jaywalking laws are obeyed in so many cities across the world. Seems sensible (ok). 

But here in NYC? It's almost like you are a leper if you just wait at a red crosswalk in no traffic, everyone will step, bump, and then flip you off for being in their way in crossing / jaywalking.

Also:

I've seen NYPD in. front. of. their. eyes ignore on the regular:

• ebike delivery going up the wrong way of one way streets,
  • cars running red lights,
  • cars blocking the path of oncoming traffic after running red lights,
  • cabs pummel into bike lanes, almost hitting cyclist to hurry and pick up a fare,
  • angry cyclists buzzing pedestrians (actually, everyone, including EUC) who stray aimlessly into bike paths,
  • .... and so on, and so forth. 

NYC is not you're typically city, and certainly not sunny California / San Diego: you'll be eaten alive playing it just by the rules (not saying this is right, but hey, ... you know, survival). Remember: we don't start by saying "hey let's run this red light", we get there by conditioning from our environment; repeated cyclists and ebikes cutting us off, then looking back and flipping us the bird, all while running a light (human beings are imitators in large part, no?).

Why do you think New Yorkers are always angry, sarcastic, and flipping people off? ?

(and FWIW, if we're riding in So Cal, we're definitely not pulling the same ? we're accustomed to doing in NYC). "When in Rome, do as ...... "

? I would just like to add, that The gentleman offended by the NYC euc riding styles should teach by example and not via criticism. He should come and ride a few days in NYC obeying the rules by staying in the bikes lanes, come to a complete stop at stop signs, wait until green at all intersections and ride at sensible speeds for a euc. Let Darwinian laws decide which is the best riding tactic. 

• Like 2

Yes, it's been proven that it's safer to ride this way in streets. The "Idaho Stop" is currently being legalized in more places as it's much safer for bicyclists and electric boards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho_stop

You are welcome to stop at stop signs, but don't criticize those that don't.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Yes, it's been proven that it's safer to ride this way in streets. The "Idaho Stop" is currently being legalized in more places as it's much safer for bicyclists and electric boards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho_stop

You are welcome to stop at stop signs, but don't criticize those that don't.

Funny, we've always called it "California stop".  Around here... :blink:

Edited by Mark Lee

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

Funny, we've always called it "California stop".  Around here... :blink:

And I call it a "safety stop," because safety — for all — is the key in choosing when to deploy it and how to execute it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, who_the said:

And I call it a "safety stop," because safety — for all — is the key in choosing when to deploy it and how to execute it.

Thanks, I get it now... ;)

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

There is the first of the group meet videos, more on the Ninebot. 

I keep talking to the screen, "ride it in the grass and up those hills" :D

Nice video.

57 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I keep talking to the screen, "ride it in the grass and up those hills" :D

Nice video.

It’s funny, because there’s some beautiful countryside just outside New York and most of them don’t even know about it! Tch, city people! 

Edited by Kael
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kael said:

It’s funny, because there’s some beautiful countryside just outside New York and most of them don’t even know about it! Tch, city people! 

Yep. Train to somewhere on Long Island (Hey there is a train. In the U.S.!! How could you not use the rare opportunity:efeebb3acc:), ride around, train back. Or ride from home outwards til your battery is (nearly) dead and take the train back. Or even just ride 30km out and then back. So much to see.

Can you cross the George Washington Bridge by wheel? Then even a tour into the "New Jersey Wilderness" right from their doors would be doable.

Also wondered a lot why people just stay in the city center (so to speak) and never even go to some outskirts.

If I lived there, I would have made a "Hamptons posh homes tour" already, visited a few of the existing nicer (posh) villages on LI, etc. @Bob Eisenman style (hey Bob, how about a Cape Cod sightseeing thing? Might be too far from you though.).

edit: You can't tell me that this baby here doesn't seductively scream "Ride me from one end to the other!" to you, NYC people! 50km (30mi) length, add some distance for getting from/to the start and end, it's like it was made for wheeling. You could probably ride on the beach ffs.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hamptons posh homes tour" 

Did that by car in the 80's while living in the St. James area. The LIE (Long Island Expressway) is memorable to drive on.

St. James has a train stop, some nice houses to look near the LI sound at and a nearby mall (Smith Haven) is good for lunch. 

Cape Cod....sure..Take the fast ferry to P Town (Provincetown) from Boston for about $100 round trip same day and do the P-Town dunes, assuming that Boston Harbor cruises allows EUC on the boat.

Interesting ideas but I remember the hedges (property perimeter bushes) in the Hamptons as being really really tall.

I'm more realistically closer to doing the Lynn Woods a few miles away. Took some video yesterday. Talked to a guy on the street who used to ride a unicycle and who didn't recognize the word Segway. ?

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

What speeds are you hitting around the 2 minute mark?

I have no idea. I wasn't instrumented - just enjoying the pure sensation of riding :D

Well, Thanks @Marty Backe you and Dans voice and body language was enough for me, that was clear TKO for me.  :thumbup:  MSX in 1600 Wh is the one I want... :D Just spoke to Jason, they are starting the production today.  Air freight is extra $200 and will receive in 3 wks... Mine will take the slow boat ride and looking like 6 wks out for mine... @houseofjob when you visit Utah here's your ride...

p.s.  With this MSX, EUC inventory just exceeded my motorcycle inventory lol...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1