THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

55 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Can you do a video on the DIY?  LOL

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

Me wants it, gives it to meeee.... Gollum! Gollum!

If this helps here is a link to some photos with a description of the fabrication process. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Looks like a great ride. I'll have to come down and conquer that mountain some time. How much elevation total you think?

After doing questionable things on EUCs for a few years now I've started to record some of the things that I do. Still not great at holding the camera while doing these, but will get better in time.

Thanks.

Yeah, I record all of my rides now. This one has an elevation gain of 4600 feet. If you visit the Topic where I describe this ride you'll see the statistics along with the Google Earth track of the ride. 

Edited by Marty Backe

32 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

You got Balls! And I’m guessing a motorcycle too, I have the same pair of Sidi Boots ? 

Hah, no motorcycle yet, I just do enough activities on a EUC that may not be considered "smart". Some day this gear is going to save me. I also like the feeling of a stiff motorcycle shoe when riding, makes me feel like I have a lot of control over the EUC.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i made myself a little makeshift selfiestick, not quite as smart as the tripod stick marty has :P. but it works well

so i tested it out and tried some camera tecniques and other stuff and edited it a little. what do you think? :) 

Nice ride video and sweet riding gear.  Love the helmet and shades.  :thumbup:  You just need to paint a red star on the helmet to start chasing down the "Top Guns" like this guy:

RussianHelmetStar.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice ride video and sweet riding gear.  Love the helmet and shades.  :thumbup:  You just need to paint a red star on the helmet to start chasing down the "Top Guns" like this guy:

RussianHelmetStar.jpg

when i was editing the video i was thinking one second like... my helmet kinda looks like a fighter pilots helmet or something like that. But i thought it was just me. Now i just need to some wings. :D 

i really tried to find a meme of a guy holding wings. But there wasnt any :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Looks like a great ride. I'll have to come down and conquer that mountain some time. How much elevation total you think?

After doing questionable things on EUCs for a few years now I've started to record some of the things that I do. Still not great at holding the camera while doing these, but will get better in time.

now thats good. Because now you will have it on video when your wheel falls into the water. Or falls down and breaks. Just watch out ;) 

6 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

now thats good. Because now you will have it on video when your wheel falls into the water. Or falls down and breaks. Just watch out ;)  

I have had many broken EUCs over the years, but yes - now we will finally have some on video ?

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, Kevin Grandon said:

The difference between doing tricks and riding off road is almost like night and day. When you do tricks it's in a controlled environment  You see the challenge. You practice until you master the the trick. Riding off-road up a mountain you have to be spontaneous, the obstacles every changing, in real time. You have to maintain a minimum speed and go faster at every opportunity. Marty's off road "trick" lasted hours and covered 10 miles on an average 10.5% accent. I am not sure Marty can do some of your tricks or whether you can do the mountain. I'm  just saying doing one does not imply one can do the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenhorse said:

Demargon, do you know what that person is talking about in the soundtrack of you video ?

Is something about Chernobyl, I take it from CC music library. I like the ambient and the fact I didn't understand Russian makes it more ambient like

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Is something about Chernobyl, I take it from CC music library. I like the ambient and the fact I didn't understand Russian makes it more ambient like

yes, the guy describes in detail how human tissue looks after exposure to radiation :) 

• Upvote 1