THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I successfully scaled Mount Wilson on the 10-mile trail up the front. Returning, I decided to take the 26-mile 2-lane highway down. Here's part of that ride.

Congratulations Marty! I have no words on how fantastic the regions you select for riding are. You are blessed with unlimited scenic routes and elevations. Putting my camera away until I can find an area 1/10th as exciting and beautiful. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kael said:

Epic scenery and epic choice of music. I went to Michael Giacchino's 50th celebration at the Royal Albert Hall.. Amazing composer. Those mountain roads look perfect for wheeling. Can't wait to get a longer range wheel and have the ability to do a long ride like that without range anxiety. 

We also have the issue that the uk =/= california!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 5:47 AM, EUC GUY said:

A long and "interesting" one? maybe. hehe. Every weekend we end up doing a long ride together. really nice. 

I notice from the thumbnail and in the video we see a Sony RX100 (maybe Mk. 2) Digital camera on an extending tripod. Was any of the footage from this used in your video? I have this camera (Mk2 version) and was wondering about using it for the odd ride but didn't think the stabilization would be up to the task. I am also hesitant to use a $1000 camera while riding a unicycle!

Edited by WARPed1701D

4 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I notice from the thumbnail and in the video we see a Sony RX100 (maybe Mk. 2) Digital camera on an extending tripod. Was any of the footage from this used in your video? I have this camera (Mk2 version) and was wondering about using it for the odd ride but didn't think the stabilization would be up to the task. I am also hesitant to use a $1000 camera while riding a unicycle!

2 still shots. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dismason said:

Hi,

Your movie looks really good. You've managed well with your new selfie stick. It is much nicer to see the whole rider in videos, from the wheel to the helmet.

Before I buyed my first wheel (for a few weeks ago), I've watched hundred of videos on YouTube about EUC. But in this stage, lonely wheels running miles after miles after miles packed with wind and other noise disturbances feels so boring.

So if you continue in in your own style like in this video, it looks really promising, well done.

thanks for the feedback :)  i made it shorter and more cuts instead of one long clip. it would be too boring. but this is just the start. i will film other clips in better locations.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i made myself a little makeshift selfiestick, not quite as smart as the tripod stick marty has :P. but it works well

so i tested it out and tried some camera tecniques and other stuff and edited it a little. what do you think? :) 

Looks good. What camera are you using? The stabilization seems pretty good.

I actually created a new stick along the lines of what you did, as an experiment. My Mt Wilson ride video was filmed with it. I added a bunch of handlebar wrap for the hand grip section to make it nice and thick which is easier on the hands while holding it.

I prefer to angle the camera so that you can't see the stick. For me it's all about creating a suspension of disbelief which is broken when you can see the hands holding stick. Likewise you'll never see me looking at the camera (to see if it's adjusted correctly). I'm just explaining my process and thoughts behind it. Other people are OK with showing them turning on and off the camera, etc. Basically zero editing. Whatever floats your boat. But that's how I do it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i made myself a little makeshift selfiestick, not quite as smart as the tripod stick marty has :P. but it works well

so i tested it out and tried some camera tecniques and other stuff and edited it a little. what do you think?

Looks good,  I liked the editing and the music fading out at the end.  Reminded me of the choochtech style of video.  

When you turned the camera 360 degrees and used that as an edit point was a nice touch.

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks good. What camera are you using? The stabilization seems pretty good.

I actually created a new stick along the lines of what you did, as an experiment. My Mt Wilson ride video was filmed with it. I added a bunch of handlebar wrap for the hand grip section to make it nice and thick which is easier on the hands while holding it.

I prefer to angle the camera so that you can't see the stick. For me it's all about creating a suspension of disbelief which is broken when you can see the hands holding stick. Likewise you'll never see me looking at the camera (to see if it's adjusted correctly). I'm just explaining my process and thoughts behind it. Other people are OK with showing them turning on and off the camera, etc. Basically zero editing. Whatever floats your boat. But that's how I do it.

my sticks filming angle is fixed. i bent the stick in the end like i wanted it to be. and i also dont like when the stick is in the shot. in my opinion i think it makes it look closer to a quick video instead of an edited and set up video. but my techniques for filming will likely develop a lot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I noticed that.  At some points the video was noticeably smoother and I was wondering if you had added a gimbal.  I checked the description and saw no gimbal listed.

• Like 1