THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. The tracking is all done in software. This video is shot in 4k resolution. This means I can zoom in 4x and still have a HD video. While zoomed in with the software I can then pan the view. It's all very effective when the raw video is very high resolution.

Fabulous!

This is great motivation to polish up the video editing skills. Cheers Marty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. The tracking is all done in software. This video is shot in 4k resolution. This means I can zoom in 4x and still have a HD video. While zoomed in with the software I can then pan the view. It's all very effective when the raw video is very high resolution.

ur videos would be better with a dog. everything is better with a dog.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm a cat person myself :unsure:

Funny! Didn’t you use Pussy Cat Pussy Cat by Tom Jones in one of your videos? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Funny! Didn’t you use Pussy Cat Pussy Cat by Tom Jones in one of your videos? 

EXACTLY :thumbup:

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm a cat person myself :unsure:

depends on how big the cat, it running alongside u in kalifornia would probably look normal, but i’d love it. even a house cat but idk if that would be peta safe.

u could take ur cat for a ride.

ian inspired me. it’s quiet exhilirating with Bob. we definitely aren’t ready for the camera yet. none of the animals quite don’t know what to make of these wheels. cows get spooked. sneak up on wild animals, deer, racoons, coyotes etc. i figure that’s what will happen to me is hitting wildlife on my driveway.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

depends on how big the cat, it running alongside u in kalifornia would probably look normal, but i’d love it. even a house cat but idk if that would be peta safe.

It’s not . Lol. My cat tries to run with me when I ride in the House . Scares the crap out of me ...thinking of she doesn’t move and I run her over . ? so I now lock her in another room while doing my inside wheeling .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I talk about my upcoming Mt Wilson Observatory ride, motivated by a conversation with @maltocs

good luck on your ride up to mt wilson tomorrow! hopefully the battery makes it to the top, in which case you will have conquered i believe southern california's highest climb. i'm not sure if i'm more impressed with your backwards riding or the video editing skillz. I think you mentioned somewhere you use a sony action cam. Is the OIS that good or are you using it in conjunction with a gimbal? I forget, there is that third variable, you are holding the camera very steady. oh, and what software are you using? are you using additional software stabilization? I really need to get something better than (free) imovie!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maltocs said:

good luck on your ride up to mt wilson tomorrow! hopefully the battery makes it to the top, in which case you will have conquered i believe southern california's highest climb. i'm not sure if i'm more impressed with your backwards riding or the video editing skillz. I think you mentioned somewhere you use a sony action cam. Is the OIS that good or are you using it in conjunction with a gimbal? I forget, there is that third variable, you are holding the camera very steady. oh, and what software are you using? are you using additional software stabilization? I really need to get something better than (free) imovie!

Thanks. The ride is still on - early morning.

This video aptly demonstrates the great optical stabilization of the Sony X3000 (no software involved). The Description on my YouTube videos lists all of my equipment and software that I use.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

We with wife, went EUC ride yesterday .

Holding hands while riding with music blaring? Sickening! ?

No but really, how did you get your wife into riding? Women seem to be naturally averse to the potential of falling on their face in my experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kael said:

Holding hands while riding with music blaring? Sickening! ?

No but really, how did you get your wife into riding? Women seem to be naturally averse to the potential of falling on their face in my experience. 

The testing started for several years already. 

My friend, then, made the video :

He would have liked to have an electric bike. But I bought two KS18 ? !

Also after 2000km passage He really does not want independently to drive yet, though he can do it .

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's more of a VLog format of my Friday ride along the beach. My filming style is a bit more like @Duf's :)  I talk about my upcoming Mt Wilson Observatory ride, motivated by a conversation with @maltocs, and a little response to some of @eddiemoy's recent videos.

good luck on your 5000 ft climb, @Marty Backe! The highest one I ever climbed was ~3700 ft elevation gain dirt road  in WA, I was on KS18 1680wh - and as far as I remember there was plenty of juice left when I reached the top. It took me about 1 hour to reach the top.

gKgjXP6.png

Edited by trya
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dismason said:

Hi,

I recommend https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ 15. It can be downloaded as free version. The only downside is that you can not publish 4K videos with the free version, otherwise it will work perfectly.

Regards

I publish 4K video with the free version.  Works excellent.  For example, here is the most recent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDkK7uCoASA&index=1&list=PLMftIFkyqOhUqfs3pNoBh69izV-itodCk&t=0s

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Joey Serrin said:

here is no one who showed more generosity and kindness to euc enthusiasts as Brad has. Miss you buddy and seriously heartbreaking to know youre gone. 

Sorry. I must have missed something. Who passed away?

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Thanks Steve! I was not aware. Very sad!  Brad posted some exciting videos on his FB page. I liked this one where his tested the speed of various GW wheels on a small 10 meter course. 

• Like 1