THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

Hi everybody,

We already have a warmer weather and the ride is nice . I ride to work required training center and home . I also tested the camera's gimbal when driving .

I would also have almost crashed because the long selfi-stick was stuck in the bush ?

I just hate it when my "long selfie-stick" gets stuck in the bush...  ;)   What about you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love???

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hirsute said:

@trya Here is my tutorial (in french) for "the Thompson"!

Thanks, @Hirsute. Great tutorial and valuable hints! My only wish is for Google to make auto-translate more comprehensible :)

Have you considered something like this for your master classes?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hirsute said:

Merci! Info fantastique sur la position des pieds et du genou a l'entree de la manoeuvre. You made my day with this video! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, pico said:

Merci! Info fantastique sur la position des pieds et du genou a l'entree de la manoeuvre. You made my day with this video! 

Agree. When I started learning this trick I also tried this partially rotated foot in the beginning of the move, but then I abandoned this starting position because of the pain in the leg under the knee, when it has to counterbalance the wheel. Couple of days ago I got a pair of G-Form shin guards recommended by @Hirsute - and now I think I may try this partially rotated foot position again.

Edited by trya

10 hours ago, Hirsute said:

That’s some expert level moves. I guessed you’ve reached your peak when you can balance an euc standing still. 

I look forward to learning that someday. 

2 hours ago, Raptor said:

I'm sorry I not speak English and can not write in English. Only Google Translate 

Don't be sorry... Google only adds to the entertainment.

Good video by the way.

• Upvote 1

Yes Marty! Good effort on your pendulums and backwards skills. Your video uploads helped me develop the skill, your response to me at the time was "Practice, practice and more Practice!" 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's more of a VLog format of my Friday ride along the beach.

Fun video! One step further the way to being the Hollywood/Youtube star you are to be:efee8319ab: Strange to see you without a helmet.

(Speaking of star qualities, your hairline is really great, I'd say "for your age" but even if you were 20 it still would be equally great. Consider yourself lucky.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Fun video! One step further the way to being the Hollywood/Youtube star you are to be:efee8319ab: Strange to see you without a helmet.

(Speaking of star qualities, your hairline is really great, I'd say "for your age" but even if you were 20 it still would be equally great. Consider yourself lucky.)

:D

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's more of a VLog format of my Friday ride along the beach. My filming style is a bit more like @Duf's :)  I talk about my upcoming Mt Wilson Observatory ride, motivated by a conversation with @maltocs, and a little response to some of @eddiemoy's recent videos.

Liking the vlog format Marty!

What and how did you record you riding from ~4:05? It tracks your movements well. Phenomenal 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Liking the vlog format Marty!

What and how did you record you riding from ~4:05? It tracks your movements well. Phenomenal 

Thanks. The tracking is all done in software. This video is shot in 4k resolution. This means I can zoom in 4x and still have a HD video. While zoomed in with the software I can then pan the view. It's all very effective when the raw video is very high resolution.