THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Very cool vid., what song and by whom?

As @litewave mentioned it is included at the very end of the video, but since I'm typing anyway...

The song is "Wings of Desire" by a New Zealand group (of course) called Strawpeople.

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

...I still love the Lhotz too. My biggest frustration is not having enough Wh inside it - It has taken all the abuse I can throw at it and it still wants more. Which has made consideration of an upgrade much harder....

<popcorn eating smiley> More!  More!

I can see why you stick with the Lhotz.  30kph is a nice speed to be able to hit with an older wheel.  I wonder if there's some way to do a custom shell to allow more battery pack range.  @smallexis did an MCM4 shell swap I think.  The Lhotz has that weird pyramid shaped battery pack.  Might be easier though just buying a new wheel.

Just imagine if we could use one universal adjustable shell and one controller with different sized wheels?  If the controller could read ID data from the motor upon start, it could self-adjust settings.  Want to ride a 14, 16, 18, 20 inch wheel?  Just swap the motor out.  A height adjustable pedals could also be reused with the different sizes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

<popcorn eating smiley> More!  More!

I can see why you stick with the Lhotz.  30kph is a nice speed to be able to hit with an older wheel.  I wonder if there's some way to do a custom shell to allow more battery pack range.  @smallexis did an MCM4 shell swap I think.  The Lhotz has that weird pyramid shaped battery pack.  Might be easier though just buying a new wheel.

Just imagine if we could use one universal adjustable shell and one controller with different sized wheels?  If the controller could read ID data from the motor upon start, it could self-adjust settings.  Want to ride a 14, 16, 18, 20 inch wheel?  Just swap the motor out.  A height adjustable pedals could also be reused with the different sizes.

So what you like is a Lego wheel you swap modules depending on mood or need? Adjusting for speed vs torque vs distance vs ride comfort vs commuting vs off-road.

The big question what compromise you would have to swallow to achive this.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So what you like is a Lego wheel you swap modules depending on mood or need? Adjusting for speed vs torque vs distance vs ride comfort vs commuting vs off-road.

The big question what compromise you would have to swallow to achive this.

well.. parts shaking apart,

expensive to get enough parts to even give you choices, added size,

reduced waterproofing

even more moveable parts that can break..

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

In motorsports one of the first changes to make a competitive machine is chage or tweak the control board.

I like the DIY concept but euc aren't RC toys, doing extreme riding or competition self made euc are in hands of few people.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Okey now I just have to ask @Marty Backe the info/UI you have on this video showing, how do you create this? I think it look great. I have seen similar at some point with elevation data too.That could be cool for your next burn'n'breakdown hill test.

As for the ride how do avoid the wheel to loose grin in a thin layer of sand on the tarmac? My expirrance is that it is VERY easy to loose grip and that can very fast lead to catastrophic "break" with me next to the wheel and the wheel resting on the a few meters away.

One with the is not to navigate in it by "just" tolling over it...But if you need to turn or accelerate or deccelerate I have yet to lear a way to trick nature and ride in Lord @Marty Backe style???

Instead of my rookie style ????☠️

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Okey now I just have to ask @Marty Backe the info/UI you have on this video showing, how do you create this? I think it look great. I have seen similar at some point with elevation data too.That could be cool for your next burn'n'breakdown hill test.

As for the ride how do avoid the wheel to loose grin in a thin layer of sand on the tarmac? My expirrance is that it is VERY easy to loose grip and that can very fast lead to catastrophic "break" with me next to the wheel and the wheel resting on the a few meters away.

One with the is not to navigate in it by "just" tolling over it...But if you need to turn or accelerate or deccelerate I have yet to lear a way to trick nature and ride in Lord @Marty Backe style???

Instead of my rookie style ????☠️

My camera and included software generates the data displays.

Riding on beach trails can be tricky. I always slow down on curves what I see any sand.

2 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Is this a real game? I couldn't tell because I don't have facebook. I would play it though. I have steam and everything. 

it is not real :P

it is old gta game intro edited with some photos of a guy on an euc. And some other things he edited in. It made me laugh :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If I was riding one of my Gotway wheels, that guy would be been left far behind. But this was my first straight-away outing on the V10F and I was hesitant to push really hard. Plus there was some uneven pavement fast approaching (I know this trail like the back of my hand) and I didn't want to do a @Rehab1 :whistling:

Where I ride there's nothing BUT uneven pavement... I'm quickly realising that 2.8 bar in my new Kenda tire is slightly teeth-rattling at times. :D 

Like this morning... I wonder if any of the guys repairing the holes in the asphalt actually has an idea what replacing a hole with a bump does to the people riding those bike trails...?

2018-04-26-08_19_01.jpg.7c8652faf27309838c1be02426795cd9.jpg

And the bloody wheellog app still thinks 72V = 100% battery. (Sorry poor app for my whining, you're very very good, that you are :) )

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 3

After a slow start, the MCM5 looks fast and nimble

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Like 2