THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 2/21/2018 at 3:05 PM, Moltimondi said:

They say the Monster is not an agile wheel. I respectfully disagree

Great video. It's just not agile when compared to other wheels, but you know how to ride it, that's for sure.

P.s. Please remove that sticker - I couldn't keep from looking at it :blink:  In case you didn't realize it, the sticker is meant to be removed, and your warranty will not be voided ;)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

here’s a crappy video of me riding my pasture tn on the ks-18s.

OK, please tell use what signs you are making at every pass. The first pass it looked like you were giving us the finger (thanks ;)), but the rest :confused1:

Bob must be wondering what the hell is this guy doing

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, please tell use what signs you are making at every pass. The first pass it looked like you were giving us the finger (thanks ;)), but the rest :confused1:

that was a f u to the camera cause i figured i’d get dumped on my first try. it’s an unbelievable workout keeping it upright and a lot of luck. lots of landmines or cow turds. a weed what was eventually took me down. as far as the sign language goes, u gotta just use ur imagination. figured since i didn’t crash and burn i should spice up my non edited no music video. i was watching it thinking somebody should make a knock over the unicyclist game out of it the way i’d go off screen and then reappear in a different part of the frame. maybe the ducks hunting the duckhunter.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 12:53 AM, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

San Diego Meetup Goodness:

Five or six riders and the only protection I saw was wrist guards on a rollerblader that got passed.  Two riders with hands deep in pockets, one, whilst weaving past pedestrians.  Just saying. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

Five or six riders and the only protection I saw was wrist guards on a rollerblader that got passed.  Two riders with hands deep in pockets, one, whilst weaving past pedestrians.  Just saying. 

I hear you, but we can't force people to wear protection. Ultimately it's a personal choice unless required by local law whether or not any of us agree with how wise that personal decision is. ;)

7 hours ago, fryman said:

How did you break your axle smoother?

I didn't. King Song pre-programmed all KS14c axles to break when ridden by normal weight westerners once they have ridden around 1500Km. I thought everyone knew that:mellow: .  Suspicious?  Let's just call it a bad design then.  Specifically, the metal on the top of the axle on the side where the motor wires go in and where the pedal arm attaches, is 1mm thin in the middle. Additionally, the axle is machined here with a sharp 90 degree edge, which concentrates the force applied to it by the pedal arm.  Now imaging 40Kg bouncing up and down on that weak intersection for 1500km.  It doesn't have a chance.  There's probably 10 reported incidents on this forum.  One owner had three breaks alone.  They strengthened the design a little for subsequent wheels, but simultaneously broke the upgrade path by altering the diameter of the axle to rotor interface. So you cant just dismantle the motor and press in a new axle; there ARE no new axles. And no, I don't jump up curbs, I rarely jump down curbs and do no tricks of any kind.  I'm 79KG.

I see you have a 16s.  I have a 16s axle in front of me.  I think I measured the "improved" thickness in this area at 3mm.  Not a massive improvement so I wouldn't go jumping off 4 foot high utility boxes, unless you're sponsored by King Song.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I hear you, but we can't force people to wear protection. Ultimately it's a personal choice unless required by local law whether or not any of us agree with how wise that personal decision is. ;)

True, it's a free world, but I remember when the original Segway company put out media, all riders were always kitted out with all the appropriate protection.  As a corporate entity yourselves, posting here under the Solowheel logo and management credentials, and also based in the famously litigious United States, I would have thought that you might have considered the impact of a video like this on potential customers, and any related lawsuits, especially when it is clearly at odds with what I can only assume is your official corporate advice to always wear appropriate protection and never ride with your hands in your pockets.  But, Like we agreed, it's a free world.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

But wouldn't representatives of Solowheel be expected to set a good example? But I guess this isn't a Solowheel sponsored event so even Solowheel employees can go sans safety gear. Still seems bizarre why people don't care about their bodies. I'm not a safety Nazi for sure, and I don't always wear gear, but I still wonder what the thought process is. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

today he was. ur suppose to improve. today i go 50’, lose it, go 150’, lose it, go two hundred feet, lose it, and keep in mind, free mounting, might be possible for me on pavement at this stage, in the pasture, no way. so that’s alot of dragging or leaning over trolleying it back to the jeep.finally i get it going and got smart and circled Bob and the jeep. after this was over and i was doing some laps on my road, it dawned on me, i had checked the tire pressure and i was pleased it had only dropped to 38 pounds and it’s been awhile, but i pumped it up to 40+. i’ll bet those few psi on that big tire in my bumpy pasture made it more difficult. just like my motorcycles, i’m sensitive to tire pressures up and down. seems wheels it’s even more dramatic. maybe i don’t go fast enough, but on a 9bot tonight it was a little wobbly and sure enough the pressure was down quite a bit from max pressure, and i’ve never really gotten the wobbles like beginners are suppose to. all my tires, like u, are inflated to max pressure and maybe a little beyond. i eventually got in a mile or so in the pasture. i’m sure tmrw i’ll be doing it one legged. ha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

today he was. ur suppose to improve. today i go 50’, lose it, go 150’, lose it, go two hundred feet, lose it, and keep in mind, free mounting, might be possible for me on pavement at this stage, in the pasture, no way. so that’s alot of dragging or leaning over trolleying it back to the jeep.finally i get it going and got smart and circled Bob and the jeep. after this was over and i was doing some laps on my road, it dawned on me, i had checked the tire pressure and i was pleased it had only dropped to 38 pounds and it’s been awhile, but i pumped it up to 40+. i’ll bet those few psi on that big tire in my bumpy pasture made it more difficult. just like my motorcycles, i’m sensitive to tire pressures up and down. seems wheels it’s even more dramatic. maybe i don’t go fast enough, but on a 9bot tonight it was a little wobbly and sure enough the pressure was down quite a bit from max pressure, and i’ve never really gotten the wobbles like beginners are suppose to. all my tires, like u, are inflated to max pressure and maybe a little beyond. i eventually got in a mile or so in the pasture. i’m sure tmrw i’ll be doing it one legged. ha!

This sounds like a much more interesting video, yet, there's no video ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moltimondi said:

Great ride Marty, looks like it's getting warmer over there in beautiful sunny California. Might soon be time to drill some speed holes in your Tesla ;)

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm really going to be interested in seeing if it overheats come July. Stay tuned :facepalm:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This sounds like a much more interesting video, yet, there's no video ;)

yeah i had no idea i’d suck so bad today. me dragging a wheel woulda been worse, my drops are pretty non eventful. probably could catch it but why, might get hurt, i just get out the way. funny, i was reading kingsongs manual and it said not toride on bumpy surface. i’m only going like 8mph and my feet are grabbing air. constant recovery mode. still trying to explain the finger, it was just so difficult and i thought for sure the terrain would pull me down quicker than it did.

ya the wheels are really gonna come in handy aroundtheranch. i like being sneaky. i’ve got a hundred pairs of eyes and ears on me constantly so moving stealthily is huge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm really going to be interested in seeing if it overheats come July. Stay tuned :facepalm:

I keep my fingers crossed... My hope is that they are an extra precaution with no substantial effect like the internal fan inside the new line of ACM and MSUPER. Conversely the new MCM5 seems to be equipped with some serious vent holes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That song has never sounded so good.  Which gets me thinking.  You put great music in your videos but you ride without music.  What gives?  I hate riding without my music.  If I leave my headphones at home, it's like someone died; "oh, no, not the music".  (No, I don't ride in traffic, and there's no one around going faster than me, except Nigel, the electric skateboard rider I bump into from time to time along the Eastbourne seafront).  Have you tried taking your music along with you @Marty Backe?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

That song has never sounded so good.  Which gets me thinking.  You put great music in your videos but you ride without music.  What gives?  I hate riding without my music.  If I leave my headphones at home, it's like someone died; "oh, no, not the music".  (No, I don't ride in traffic, and there's no one around going faster than me, except Nigel, the electric skateboard rider I bump into from time to time along the Eastbourne seafront).  Have you tried taking your music along with you @Marty Backe?

:confused1:  I always ride with music. Most of the time it's via an iPod Nano that you can often see hanging from my neck in the videos and photos. And sometimes it's via my phone streaming to a Bluetooth speaker (the orange device seen attached to the handle of the Tesla in this video).

So I agree with you. There's nothing better then riding along side some great music, including music by Tom Jones :thumbup:

• Like 2