THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Nice video . What’s the general concept here ? I’ve tried to “jump “ my wheel a few times and all I manage to do is jump myself . The wheel doesn’t seem to come off the ground . Just my feet off the platforms . 

What I was told is that it all starts with getting the wheel to bounce by pressing down first then lifting up like in a real jump. I was trying to jump by just grabbing the wheel with my ankles and trying to lift my legs with the EUC between them. :crying:

If you notice in the Slo mo video, he presses down first which allows the wheel to begin its upward movement in the bounce as it hits the rounded curb so its momentum is up and forward when it essentially bounces up the curb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Nice video . What’s the general concept here ? I’ve tried to “jump “ my wheel a few times and all I manage to do is jump myself . The wheel doesn’t seem to come off the ground . Just my feet off the platforms .

You must first practice lifting the unicycle on the ground. You must press your legs against the unicycle, and you will see how you can lift it up a bit. Then it is practice and practice. It's all a coordination between speed, jump, and logically the height of the obstacle. The ideal is for 14-inch wheels, but also is possible with 16-inch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Axento70 said:

Nice video, lots of interesting scenery.  Great editing and music also!  The best parts for me were those giant trees about a hundred feet tall with the leaves so high up, the famous landmarks like the Roman Coliseum, the tourists watching in amazement as you all rode by,  the river view, the excellent camera work, and just seeing Italy.  Thanks for the video.  And the people look so nice there also.

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I bumped into Tom while riding along the beach. He rides a Go-One 3 Velomobile, an electric assist German tricycle. This is very impressive in speed and acceleration. We rode together for a few miles.

So cool! Given your data it appears he was traveling at about 12 mph.  Does it go faster than that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:lol:

So he was not traveling at top speed. I thought you guys were racing. The Go One will travel at 30 mph.

40342311102_ed5fd8e8aa_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, trya said:

Walking @Rehab1's wheel out.

Dan, your V5F+ found a good home and is being exercised properly :)

Video may serve as a "step-over" technique demonstration for those who want to learn it.

Now that wheel look familiar. :)Excellent moves! So glad you are enjoying it. Be safe! 

• Like 1

Just now, steve454 said:

Exceptional video!  Beautiful scenery, people, and camera footage!  So many people on the trail!  The weather is so nice there!

Thanks! The way people talk about San Diego weather is no joke. This is my first "winter" here and it's incredible. I think I prefer it to summer, actually. It's not a very urban/dense kind of car-free city paradise for being exclusive to EUCs because you still need to drive a lot, but there are so many incredible places to ride. This is one of them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So he was not traveling at top speed. I thought you guys were racing. The Go One will travel at 30 mph.

40342311102_ed5fd8e8aa_b.jpg

No, we weren't racing for sure. If we were he would have beaten me because I don't ride much faster than 25-mph. That Velomobile was very fast and he had impressive acceleration. If I already didn't have an expensive home (guess which one) I'd probably look into getting one (they cost between $10k and $15k).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

That was great. Fortunately a rather slo-speed crash, but I'm sure he was pissed that his shell got scratched up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You’re doing great! I would love to see you riding with a guitar. ;) Be safe!

38599090610_b54f0b5a00_b.jpg

thanks. good screenshot. ya my form looks pretty good in this pic, knees slightly bent. i wasthinking of u, i was gonna take a picture of a bull hole and say that’s a real pothole, but i forgot. Bob gets impatient. on my last trek back to the jeep i was trying to get the ks-18s to muscle up this hill and a woody weed grabbed a pedal and that’s all it took to tip me over. i’m probably not as good as some at dismounting when there’s no hope of regaining balance but i’m getting there. falling off in the pasture is big fun. talk about fast tracking ur skills and leg strength. u can’t see in the video how much leg is going into steering this 18s. it’s perfect for pasture riding. the foam padding acts as a steering damper and gives great adhesion. i’m still gonna make a ks-18s condom out of this o’brien pool float i bought after i sort out the battery thing. btw, i just did a couple of driveway runs on my ks-16s after cutting the foam away from the headlight. it’s a 1/4 moon here and under my oak tree lined road, it’s dark, but the light on the ks-16s is not adequate for night time riding imho. it’s marginal for my road going slow, but one little limb could flop down at anytime and that would ruin a party, quick. imagine hitting a 6” rotten limb in ur path at 15mph. not as bad as a cut out because u would have time enough to go “aw shit”.

those are my heavy 10oz 100% cotton coveralls, or as Bob refers to them, bite suit. he loves them. i love them. perfect for Bob and my environment.

ya on the be careful thing. so after my riding, a couple of my big cows that are pets sorta because they were orphans, i bottled raised. they are like really big dogs. so i’m carrying a fifty pound sack of feed for them to toll them back out to the pasture and one head butts me in my thigh. pretty hard. much safer when cows don’t think they are pets.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya on the be careful thing. so after my riding, a couple of my big cows that are pets sorta because they were orphans, i bottled raised. they are like really big dogs. so i’m carrying a fifty pound sack of feed for them to toll them back out to the pasture and one head butts me in my thigh. pretty hard. much safer when cows don’t think they are pets.

On another thread members were asked what was the biggest thing they ever carried on their wheel. A 50 pound sack of feed and a guitar over your shoulder would be a great optic.

Just now, Rehab1 said:

On another thread members were asked what was the biggest thing they ever carried on their wheel. A 50 pound sack of feed and a guitar over your shoulder would be a great optic.

i tried a big bag of garbage in one hand but it was swinging back and forth, no good. maybe guitar but i’m already over capacity of these tires, so i’m not gonna push it. the tire on the 18s reminds me of the tires on my hand me down schwinn when i was little. i think it will last. i’ve got a few prickly pear cactus out there.