THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video. "The best way to learn, to get better, is to ride offroad on these things" - very true.

He's right. It's just so bloody cold right now! I just got back on mine after a 3 week break and wow do I feel like I've lost so much skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Did someone say "Brazilian All You Can Eat Steak House?"  :dribble: Add in some women, high heels, leggings, electric rides, and I would be in heaven!  :innocent1:

Awesome! Hunka is coming out of hibernation! :cheers: 

• Like 2

I'm always lurking in the shadows :ph34r: ready to pounce on unsuspecting posts.  :whistling:  That plus been busy repairing my Bosch dishwasher, car heater blower motor, entertaining relatives :rolleyes: and catching up on all the new winter season shows while trying to keep from freezing and melting in this -26 to +3°C temperature bipolarism in Canada.  It's good to take a break to recharge and recalibrate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Kael said:

He's right. It's just so bloody cold right now! I just got back on mine after a 3 week break and wow do I feel like I've lost so much skill.

Tell me about it. It's -5°C here, with snow everywhere. But I think it was a good time to buy my first EUC last month, got a hardcore training by practicing on the snow ?

I hope the guy on the video doesn't get impaled by his camera stick....

27 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've been doing a bit of practising with flying the Mavic while riding, in a straight line it's pretty easy to keep the same relative position. There's that slight delay between applying the controls & the Drone's action, a bit like sailing, where you have to anticipate in advance your course & heading. Don't really trust the automated 'Follow' mode in a built-up area; if I'm going to crash, it needs to be me who's at fault.

Nice footage. You really like to ride "in" the traffic :)

I'm so tempted to get a drone, but the setup time for riding videos deters me.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:39 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

l asked Marty about this - in particular whether to go with the X3000 or X3000R (which is the same camera, but with the remote screen). 

While riding, the screen isn't that practical. But I chose the "R" model (with the screen) for two reasons; 

1. As the camera has no built-in display, it will be useful for other scenarios - which secured Mrs. TFU approval (and funding too actually).
  2. You can't buy the viewer separately - and a number of owners have commented that they love the camera, but wish they had got the remote screen...

I read a review of the x3000r and they (TechRadar) said forget the gimmicky remote viewer (doesn't stay connected) and use the "Play Memories" sony app on a smartphone, for much better results, and functionality.  The X3000 can also connect to "play Memories" so that seems like the more cost-effective solution.

@The Fat Unicyclist You've had your 3000r for a while now.  Any thoughts on the Dick  Tracy wrist remote?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Smoother said:

I read a review of the x3000r and they (TechRadar) said forget the gimmicky remote viewer (doesn't stay connected) and use the "Play Memories" sony app on a smartphone, for much better results, and functionality.  The X3000 can also connect to "play Memories" so that seems like the more cost-effective solution.

@The Fat Unicyclist You've had your 3000r for a while now.  Any thoughts on the Dick  Tracy wrist remote?

It hasn't been that long, but I actually quite like it... l won't use it all the time, but having it does allow the option! 

Mrs. TFU has commented that she likes the mobile app, but that isn't too practical while riding - a camera in one hand and a phone in the other... 

Also, the remote isn't just wrist mounted. It can be put on a lanyard or mounted with the camera on a tripod / pole or the "finger grip" (which is quite functional).

Also, the LCD on the camera isn't backlit, but the remote is, making it easier to see when changing settings. Though the app does that too (but less intuitively).

My remote is also set to shut-off (the screen) to save battery. And when reactivating it, I haven't had any connectivity issues.

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And, did you eventually catch them?

Or, are they still out there... Somewhere...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It's meant to be a cliff-hanger. You see, I'm working on my videography & story telling skills.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Laying down some new tricks n' combos with a couple old ones. Just me, my dog and the artfully extreme realizations of seemingly unattainable visions. Or somethin' like that. 1f609.png

That's awesome! thanks for sharing, is really inspiring. I want try those new triks when I have the time, I need to master that one foot body varial :P

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I haven't had any connectivity issues.

That's good, because the review said it was horrible at connecting, and kept dropping out.  It would be a shame if a faulty unit caused a bad review for everyone to read.

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's meant to be a cliff-hanger. You see, I'm working on my videography & story telling skills.

Are their women wearing bikinis hanging from a cliff?:popcorn:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Holy Tarmac Batman, that's one freaking long driveway. You need an EUC just to get the mail.  I guess you haven't discovered Landscape mode yet.  Took me a few videos too.;)

just riding and holding the phone was a new experience. yeah as soon as i reviewed it, i knew i’d get dings for holding the phone vertically. i gotta work on 180’s on my 12’ road, although slowing and stopping without losing my balance has been good practice. and yeah, these things are more fun than i thought they’d be, but here on the ranch they could save me some gas. tried to take a huge 55 gallon size garbage bag to the road but i think the only way for me to do thatwould be bear hug it. it swinging in the wind was too much.

Edited by novazeus

18 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@The Fat Unicyclist You should try out for a cameo part.

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

just riding and holding the phone was a new experience. yeah as soon as i reviewed it, i knew i’d get dings for holding the phone vertically. i gotta work on 180’s on my 12’ road, although slowing and stopping without losing my balance has been good practice.

When you do shoot in landscape, find out which way to hold the camera.  I have a few dozen vids that look fine on the Iphone but are upside down everywhere else.  Turns out the menu button needs to be on the right. Some digital switch gets imprinted with the vid and when its played in another device, it has to be right or else. I'm left handed so it's natural for me to turn the phone with the button on the left.  It can be fixed but its a long and tedious process, which I haven't got around to yet.