THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Cannings said:

I think i'm a bad person but I kept hoping for the guy with the camera sticking up above his helmet to be going fast and hit a powerline and do a back to the future :P

That would be @who_the... and I was waiting for a lightning strike! :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cannings said:

I think i'm a bad person but I kept hoping for the guy with the camera sticking up above his helmet to be going fast and hit a powerline and do a back to the future :P

Never quite got to 88 mph!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

A gorgeous mid-80's sunset at the beach in Southern California means only one thing. A ride on the Tesla. And yes, I was rock-in to the Doors as I was riding - great cruising music :D

You got some new video tech? Lots of tracking going on there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, WARPed1701D said:

You got some new video tech? Lots of tracking going on there. 

Makes for a bit more of a dynamic video :)

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice editing. Looks like you use your new 4k camera well, for the tracking zooms now.

Haha at the guy at the start filming you. Did you tell him about your Youtube channel? Could have saved him the work.

He had something that looked like a camera with two lenses - a 3D point-and-shoot?

On 1/29/2018 at 11:13 AM, who_the said:

The awesome Tony Vano's video of our San Francisco "Unity" EUC/Esk8/OneWheel ride on Saturday!

Love Tony's videos :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

@who_the and @Marty Backe what camera was being used to make those clips?  They were both very good images. And Marty, do tell us about your new follow me gimble or whatever it is.  I think I even saw it zoom in as well

Thanks. My fancy tracking gear is actually post processing software. If you shoot high quality 4k video (100mbps) you can zoom in and pan and still have high quality output.

So it's all smoke and mirrors.

If you look at the video on YouTube and view the description you can see all of the equipment that I use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

How many frames per second is that?  Sony x3000?

30fps and yes.

Keep in mind that 100mbps has nothing to do with frame rate. It's a measurement of compression level. Even the GoPro 6 has a limit of 80mbps. This is why the Sony shoots higher quality 4k video.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Mine should be arriving shortly...

#MartyBackeFanBoy

Good choice if I may say so myself. You'll love the quality of the imagery. I actually use it for some images I post in the Photo Thread. Snapshots from the 4k video stream are decent photographs too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

just to be clear, @Marty Backe what is the exact model number?  There seem to be a few versions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

just to be clear, @Marty Backe what is the exact model number?  There seem to be a few versions.

l asked Marty about this - in particular whether to go with the X3000 or X3000R (which is the same camera, but with the remote screen). 

While riding, the screen isn't that practical. But I chose the "R" model (with the screen) for two reasons; 

1. As the camera has no built-in display, it will be useful for other scenarios - which secured Mrs. TFU approval (and funding too actually).
  2. You can't buy the viewer separately - and a number of owners have commented that they love the camera, but wish they had got the remote screen...
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Marty Backe said:

On ‎3‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, Smoother said:

Thanks.   and thanks @The Fat Unicyclist for your additional info.

l was just poking around on YouTube and found this, showing some of the FDR X3000 features (and an EUC to)... 

https://youtu.be/DWD7GJmCjhA

I went on a ride along the 'Independence Greenway' in Peabody, Massachusetts

as seen in this Google Maps Timeline near the red marker.
82811.png

A rock quarry is visible along the paved rail trail at the bright green slash mark
82809.jpg

This movie is a short video clip showing the depth of the quarry , the quarry walls on the opposite side and some heavy equipment working at the bottom of the quarry.