THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a short clip as I pass by the Queen Mary, located in Long Beach California. A beautiful mid-70's January day for riding. My ACM is 1-year old this week and still hanging in there :D

What a nice day, looks like springtime with all the short skirts and shorts people are wearing.  (not to mention the sunny weather)  Representing the LBC!:)  The Queen Mary has been there a long time, is the Spruce Goose still there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

What a nice day, looks like springtime with all the short skirts and shorts people are wearing.  (not to mention the sunny weather)  Representing the LBC!:)  The Queen Mary has been there a long time, is the Spruce Goose still there?

The Spruce Goose was moved years ago. I think it's in Washington state - Google for more info if interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Great video!  The soloshot long shots add a new level to drive by long shots, tracks amazingly well.  Good riding song also.  That looks like a nice place to ride.  

The matte black ACM is the best looking Gotway, that's just my opinion.

Thanks Steve. Soloshot is an interesting beast. You need distance for it to track properly. I stuck it in the woods and was surprised it actually recorded me. I spent more time setting up SS than it was worth. Each time you move the camera it takes so much time to set it up again and then calibrate. If I had @Marty Backe’s camera crew it would be easy. ;)

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Would one of the moderators please take down this video! We can't have someone displaying such a cavalier attitude towards safety - not wearing wrist guards. The nerve. ;)

This is actually your fault. If you wouldn’t have modified your knee and elbow pads all of my gear would have remained in the bag.  :facepalm:

Nice video. I don't think I've ever seen a riding video from you like this :thumbup:

I attended the Backe Academy of Arts and Sciences. ;)

Man, your ACM sure looks nice compared to mine

Black shoe polish performs wonders.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a short clip as I pass by the Queen Mary, located in Long Beach California. A beautiful mid-70's January day for riding. My ACM is 1-year old this week and still hanging in there :D

Excellent video and scenery........and Weather as always! ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks Steve. Soloshot is an interesting beast. You need distance for it to track properly. I stuck it in the woods and was surprised it actually recorded me. I spent more time setting up SS than it was worth. Each time you move the camera it takes so much time to set it up again and then calibrate. If I had @Marty Backe’s camera crew it would be easy. ;)

This is actually your fault. If you wouldn’t have modified your knee and elbow pads all of my gear would have remained in the bag.  :facepalm:

I attended the Backe Academy of Arts and Sciences. ;)

Black shoe polish performs wonders.

Hey, sometimes it's hard to know when you're joking. Did you actually use shoe polish on the shell? If true that may be worth a try on mine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey, sometimes it's hard to know when you're joking. Did you actually use shoe polish on the shell? If true that may be worth a try on mine.

Yes sir. Apply it to your shells, let it dry and then hand buff. For deeper scratches you can use a harder wax that cobblers apply to their shoe polish machines.It’s like a bar of soap.Slice a few chunks off the bar and put then into a metal measuring cup and heat it up until the polish melts. Then take a butter knive and spread  the material over your scratches, let it harden and buff. Not perfect but it does work. This technique does not work on shiny finish shells only the matte black like the ACM.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes sir. Apply it to your shells, let it dry and then hand buff. For deeper scratches you can use a harder wax that cobblers apply to their shoe polish machines.It’s like a bar of soap.Slice a few chunks off the bar and put then into a metal measuring cup and heat it up until the polish melts. Then take a butter knive and spread  the material over your scratches, let it harden and buff. Not perfect but it does work.

Perfect. Thanks!  I'm definitely going to give this a try. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Mine, too! Well, the birthday thing at least, the only thing left from my original ACM are the batteries.

We all need to have an ACM Birthday Party! My unaltered wheel is still running strong! :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, who_the said:

So what happens when a bunch of EUC and Esk8 riders roll down Twin Peaks in San Francisco at near top speed? This. 100-percent safe, 99-percent legal, and 1000-percent fun!

Great video! Why not a 100% legal? Oh..I know...your group’s traffic cop forgot his little red flashing cherry on top his helmet.:) BTW what is the purpose of the black shield? 

39045652935_d5feebc0a3_b.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

We all need to have an ACM Birthday Party! My unaltered wheel is still running strong! :P

Unaltered? :laughbounce2::roflmao::roflmao::D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, Smoother said:

We're not allowed to ride ANYWHERE here in good ol' Blighty.  So we're always breaking the law. We're all outlaws here.:ph34r: But honestly, if I had to ride on the street, ONLY, I wouldn't ride here at all. Seriously!  I'm really not comfortable putting my life in the hands of every idiot out there sitting behind a steering wheel.  And I don't like the idea of riding fast enough to keep up with the traffic, especially as my wheel can't do 30 mph, and the roads are just rough enough to make a face plant a daily occurrence at those speeds. Yes there are bike lanes here and there, but they start and stop sporadically, so you get dumped into the traffic sooner or later (hopefully not literally)

Maybe I'd feel better once I attach my mirror to my helmet (both bought weeks ago).  One does feel like a bit of a pratt getting all togged up in motorcycle gear to run up to the shops for some milk and a loaf of bread.  I actually walked it earlier today (collective gasp), as rigging up was just too much trouble.

I'm pretty much the same, there is a couple of very quiet roads I nip up on my trip home from work but I go straight to a pavement if a car comes, and otherwise from that i'm always on cycle paths except the last 400m of my journey which i have to do on pavements

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great video! Why not a 100% legal? Oh..I know...your group’s traffic cop forgot his little red flashing cherry on top his helmet.:) BTW what is the purpose of the black shield? 

39045652935_d5feebc0a3_b.jpg

I crossed the yellow line a time or two. And LOL, what looks like a shield is actually just the base of the camera mount/monopod, magnified due to its proximity to the camera. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, who_the said:

I crossed the yellow line a time or two. And LOL, what looks like a shield is actually just the base of the camera mount/monopod, magnified due to its proximity to the camera. 

I think @Rehab1 is just pulling your chain :D

On 1/25/2018 at 9:57 PM, who_the said:

Just some 360 video of my daily San Francisco commute door-to-door, with telemetry. I start out in Mission Dolores/The Castro and end up at SF State University on the west side of the city. Sorry about the wind noise, the Garmin Virb 360 doesn't suppress it as well as the Xiaomi Mijia Sphere 360 does. For $200 the Xiaomi has outstanding stabilization, though it could still be improved in post using After Effects/Mettle. The Garmin is hands-down the best 360 camera I've used, and I've shot 360 photos since 1998 and video since 2013. 

Overall, that looks like a fun commute with all the hills and such. You definitely enjoy putting the pedal-to-the-metal :D  That Garmin is cool, but pricey. So many 'toys' to pick from :crying: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

With the 2018 Winter Olympics approaching I thought it would be fun to draw the Olympic symbol riding my Mten 3. GO USA!!

Question: How come we didn't see you writing the "USA" bit? 

• Like 2