THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, Dingfelder said:

Great ride.  Love how you folks in France can get so many together and freely go wherever you like.  Good music too!

Thank you. Yes we at the chance to roll freely in France, which is not the case for the Switzerland.

@MaxLinux We have all types of electric vehicles. I organize rallies in different cities in France.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I remember watching that happen and thinking something that simple could have ended his career.

Cameraman hit the runner right in the achilles tendon region! It sure could have ended his career!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Cameraman hit the runner right in the achilles tendon region! It sure could have ended his career!

Both of their careers.

That camera looks heavy, it would be easy to lose control of it.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Another fun BC wheel vid

Another great one. Man, I'd love to see what this guy can do on an EUC. These are all old videos, so maybe he did discover the electric unicycle eventually.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I'm sure that's the case.  I think when the pedals touch the ground, it'll be low enough for me. :)

I think you hit on a good idea, very low pedals, just enough slope to get moving, would be pretty safe.  Now, how do we turn that into money?  It would almost be like a stand up slip and slide.

Just now, steve454 said:

I think you hit on a good idea, very low pedals, just enough slope to get moving, would be pretty safe.  Now, how do we turn that into money?  It would almost be like a stand up slip and slide.

I think it would turn into money for Hospitals and MRI Labs... ;)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Hmmm - get a good insurance, would'ya?

Definitely a big concern. I played it as safe as I could (test runs for bumps, no running in front of the car at speed, etc).

Insurance is really up to producers, luckily most (if not all) shoots have a $1-2 Mil damage insurance. If this is considered a stunt they'd have to pay a bit extra, but not too bad. Of course Bolt's Achilles heel is worth much much more :-S

Edited by noisycarlos
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@noisycarlos I liked your helicopter video too!  Wow you're like multi-talented....  flyboarder, steady cam infinite dolly rider, and helicopter pilot!   

How far did you take the lessons? Does look fun.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

That was fun to watch.  I'm a fan of all types of flying, but have never piloted a copter.  Been passenger a number of times.  That's on my bucket list for sure.

First though, I'm going to take on Powered Paragliding.  I think that's going to be my favorite, and it's really affordable to own your own craft.  My brother and I will be flying together.

Seriously?  That looks insanely fun and I had assumed that like most such hobbies it would be ridiculously expensive.

22 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Seriously?  That looks insanely fun and I had assumed that like most such hobbies it would be ridiculously expensive.

A decent used setup can be bought as low as $3000 and Brand New Really Nice setup for $15000.  You do not need any license or training, which is absolutely CRAZY!  Although, I would HIGHLY recommend against buying one and just going flying.  I've flown Hang Glider and Ultralight, and there's a lot you should know before going up.  Weather, Terrain, Air Space Restrictions, etc...  An unexpected down draft or other weather issue can become a very bad day, so you need to know if they are likely going to be around, and how to deal with them if it simply happens.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

A decent used setup can be bought as low as $3000 and Brand New Really Nice setup for $15000.  You do not need any license or training, which is absolutely CRAZY!  Although, I would HIGHLY recommend against buying one and just going flying.  I've flown Hang Glider and Ultralight, and there's a lot you should know before going up.  Weather, Terrain, Air Space Restrictions, etc...  An unexpected down draft or other weather issue can become a very bad day, so you need to know if they are likely going to be around, and how to deal with them if it simply happens.

I would absolutely love trying to fly one of those, but think my natural cowardice would keep me from doing it.   Looks like enormous fun though.

28. toukokuuta 2017

I noticed Dingfelder said the video looked blurry, but it looked fine to me.

I wish I had a nice path beside water like that one where I could ride my wheel!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

That was fun to watch.  I'm a fan of all types of flying, but have never piloted a copter.  Been passenger a number of times.  That's on my bucket list for sure.

First though, I'm going to take on Powered Paragliding.  I think that's going to be my favorite, and it's really affordable to own your own craft.  My brother and I will be flying together.

Have you seen the videos from Tucker Gott ?

Here's his most recent video:

• Upvote 2

On 28/05/2017 at 6:17 PM, Rehab1 said:

Excellent!  There are so many sounds you can experiment with! You can even play the chirping bird sounds you love so much when riding in the park. :)

If you are going to add a sound to your wheel it's got to be a Merlin engine surely, that will really get the pedestrians attention:

And if you want it loud, sound systems for electric model aircraft are available, fairly light they need to produce a lot of volume to be audible at all in the air: http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/index.php

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Keith said:

If you are going to add a sound to your wheel it's got to be a Merlin engine surely, that will really get the pedestrians attention:

And if you want it loud, sound systems for electric model aircraft are available, fairly light they need to produce a lot of volume to be audible at all in the air: http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/index.php

The Brits do love their spitfires, that's for sure.

It's a great plane, though.