THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 5/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, Jean (nhut) said:

Our last wheelers outing. @smallexis 
Is also in the video (we are from the same city). 

Mathias from wheelzword was near as well as members swiss wheelers.

Great ride.  Love how you folks in France can get so many together and freely go wherever you like.  Good music too!

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2017 at 4:28 PM, Hansolo said:

French meetup Ile de Ré (near La ROCHELLE) long video but 100 Km range :D

What a beautiful place for EUC riding! You had a very lively group, as usual! I especially enjoyed the parts when you were near the water!

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Sounds good on my KS14C speakers.

I believe my wife will like the bluetooth speaker feature when her new KS14C arrives. In fact that might be the only thing she appreciates!

Learning to ride a wheel will be a huge challenge as perseverance is not her strong suit! If she becomes scared during the teaching process I will simply be the owner of another wheel!;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I believe my wife will like the bluetooth speaker feature when her new KS14C arrives. In fact that might be the only thing she appreciates!

Learning to ride a wheel will be a huge challenge as perseverance is not her strong suit! If she becomes scared during the teaching process I will simply be the owner of another wheel!;)

Sure would be nice if she could take some falling lessons in a judo class or something.  That would not only help a lot to alleviate fear, but be completely practical in the less spooky realm of whether or not you're going to really get hurt.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Some behind the scenes footage of me using my ACM to shoot parts of a music video. I'll post the footage when the video is out.

awesome

Edited by swvision

6 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Some behind the scenes footage of me using my ACM to shoot parts of a music video. I'll post the footage when the video is out.

Now that you are showing this, I can see how the EUC in combination with a Steadicam would make a great filming platform. I would only be concerned about taking a spill while holding all of that expensive equipment :cry2:  Looking forward to the final footage. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Now that you are showing this, I can see how the EUC in combination with a Steadicam would make a great filming platform. I would only be concerned about taking a spill while holding all of that expensive equipment :cry2:  Looking forward to the final footage. 

It's great for a lot of things. We did some shots on the sidewalk and going between runners that couldn't be done practically any other way.

Dollies and steadicam operators on foot can't go that fast, any other vehicle is too big or cumbersome to go between people safely. A cable cam could go fast, but it's limited to the cable 'track' and it's much more time-consuming and expensive.

And yes. Unicycling 20mph while wearing a $20k of gear was a bit nerve wracking, but I did a dry run to check for potential bumps that could throw me off, and it all went smoothly.

Edited by noisycarlos
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, noisycarlos said:

It's great for a lot of things. We did some shots on the sidewalk and going between runners that couldn't be done practically any other way.

Dollies and steadicam operators on foot can't go that fast, any other vehicle is too big or cumbersome to go between people safely. A cable cam could go fast, but it's limited to the cable 'track' and it's much more time-consuming and expensive.

And yes. Unicycling 20mph while wearing a $20k of gear was a bit nerve wracking, but I did a dry run to check for potential bumps that could throw me off, and it all went smoothly.

Maybe not for you, but sounds like there's potential work in the industry for a skilled EUC rider. Just need to turn the bigger Hollywood onto the potential that you're demonstrating. Or maybe they already know about EUCs?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, noisycarlos said:

Funny you mention it, but just from posting on Facebook last night, two directors I know already asked me about how much i'd charge, and if I could do it wearing an Easy-rig (a sort-of steadycam), so I think there's definitely demand.

Steadicam operators charge around $500-800 per day, so it could be a fun way to pay for my EUCs and make them tax-deductible :-D

:thumbup:  As a self-employed contractor, this has potential to balance your income stream. I'll be interested in hearing about where this may go for you.