THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just took a ride around town and there was no surprising people now :)

What did you do to the motor that makes it sound like that ?

(kind of sounds like it's out of round of has a 'high' spot)

Edited by abinder3
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

I just took a ride around town and there was no surprising people now :)

What type of modification did you do to produce the sound? Did you use some type of synthesized audio track? More info please!:clap3:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What type of modification did you do to produce the sound? Did you use some type of synthesized audio track? More info please!:clap3:

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow I thought that was like a sound effect that you adding into the video!  :blink: That is the coolest sounding wheel!  :w00t2:  I want me one!  :dribble:  You are from the future Marty Backe!  Don't come for me!

6 hours ago, abinder3 said:

What did you do to the motor that makes it sound like that ?

(kind of sounds like it's out of round of has a 'high' spot)

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

:D

I bought a really nice Bluetooth speaker (JBL Flip 4) that has lots of volume and punchy bass. This sound is being played on an endless loop: https://www.dropbox.com/s/potf1ri9ntejx58/172098_SOUNDDOGS__sc.mp3?dl=0

It really sounds cool. When I took a ride around town people could hear me approaching (no more "excuse me, coming thru on the left") and it really adds to the WOW affect for people who have never seen a wheel before, because unless you're standing right next to me it sounds like the wheel is making the sound.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I bought a really nice Bluetooth speaker (JBL Flip 4) that has lots of volume and punchy bass. This sound is being played on an endless loop: https://www.dropbox.com/s/potf1ri9ntejx58/172098_SOUNDDOGS__sc.mp3?dl=0

It really sounds cool. When I took a ride around town people could hear me approaching (no more "excuse me, coming thru on the left") and it really adds to the WOW affect for people who have never seen a wheel before, because unless you're standing right next to me it sounds like the wheel is making the sound.

Excellent!  There are so many sounds you can experiment with! You can even play the chirping bird sounds you love so much when riding in the park. :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent!  There are so many sounds you can experiment with! You can even play the chirping bird sounds you love so much when riding in the park. :)

I do like my birds unlike some of us ;)

There was a lot of experimentation. I wanted a futuristic motor sound and settled on this one.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ahhh LOL :efee612b4b: had me going there for a bit... 

Edit: Alternate sound file to use...

Actually that would be an awesome OEM app enabled feature for wheels that have built in speakers.  Speed controlled variation and selectable custom wheel sounds... that would be cool...

No offensive, but I think I'd want to kill myself after a minute or two of hearing this :P

That is a great idea for the wheels (are you listening KingSong?). The wheel manufacturers would get so many great ideas from us customers if they listened. Unfortunately they don't :(

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

They would probably put their brand name on an endless loop instead.

Hello Kingsong .... Kingsong .... Kingsong ... Hello Kingsong ... Happy day from Kingsong ... Kingsong ...

:laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FULspeed said:

mmmm, I always liked this one, I should try it, just to see what's happen with the pedestrians...  :efee6b18f3:

I was looking for a good Star Wars based engine sound...

What about the sound the Imperial Forces tie fighter makes?  That might be cool too.  But the one in your video is great!  I can just see it now, you will have a library of different motor noises to choose from depending on your mood and location, that you can change in an instant anytime you want, and you will make it available for sale to others for a nominal fee, thereby making mucho dinero.  I would buy that!  Here is another suggestion, a chugging locomotive, that would get peoples attention.:w00t2:  I'm serious, I think you have hit on a great idea!

More ideas:  George Jetson's car, the siren from a Stuka dive bomber, a helicopter, the Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now, or meditative music.  Probably mostly mellow, but speed activated to change to more intense.  Although, I could probably do that in my mind if I could concentrate enough.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

What about the sound the Imperial Forces tie fighter makes?  That might be cool too.  But the one in your video is great!  I can just see it now, you will have a library of different motor noises to choose from depending on your mood and location, that you can change in an instant anytime you want, and you will make it available for sale to others for a nominal fee, thereby making mucho dinero.  I would buy that!  Here is another suggestion, a chugging locomotive, that would get peoples attention.:w00t2:  I'm serious, I think you have hit on a great idea!

More ideas:  George Jetson's car, the siren from a Stuka dive bomber, a helicopter, the Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now, or meditative music.  Probably mostly mellow, but speed activated to change to more intense.  Although, I could probably do that in my mind if I could concentrate enough.

You're out of control :)

I can see it now, retire early from EUC sound sales.

I did want to pick a sound that people would think was actually coming from the wheel. Chugging locomotive? Not-so-much :lol:

• Upvote 2

How about the Spam song from Monty Python?  And you thought you could escape by going outdoors ....

Or a well-timed "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!" could strike fear into the hearts of unsuspecting innocents ...

Muahahaha! 

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2017 at 5:55 AM, johrhoj said:

EUC Meeting Arnhem

Credits for this video goes to @Bram

Just posting it, because I was there too. It was a nice ride and a great opportunity to meet some fellow EUC enthusiasts :)

Nice group, very relaxing scenery in the countryside. I liked how sometimes cars, motorcycles, bikes, and EUCs were all sharing the road!

On 5/18/2017 at 11:05 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Ninebot/Segway One S1 review

"Its Carry Mode feature prevents the wheel from spinning when it's powered on and you lift it by the handle."

I love this feature! Until seeing this review, I thought only Inmotion had this! I hope more EUCs begin to include this feature!

S1 is a nice wheel, but for $599 on Amazon, it's overpriced

https://www.amazon.com/Segway-Balancing-Personal-Transporter-Control/dp/B01M1SFFNE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I would hands down buy a Gotway MCM3 for $499 even with smaller battery

https://tec-toyz.com/products/gotway-mcm3-high-speed-version

V5F is also hands down better value

https://www.ewheels.com/comparing-segway-ninebot-s1-inmotion-v5f-feature-review/

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2017 at 10:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, I don't think I'd like these guys working on any of my wheels :efee565ab0:

BAM BAM BAM BAM!! As you can see, I am a certified EUC repair technician!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Sound file like that would probably sound good using the speakers in my KS18. 

Allen

• Upvote 2

On 5/21/2017 at 0:17 PM, Pingouin said:

Sunday afternoon with the Gotway MCM3 and a 20km ride in the moutains

That was beautiful countryside! I was impressed with how well the MCM3 handled the rough areas of those dirt roads!

On 5/21/2017 at 10:18 PM, Maximus said:

This is my first real riding video of my younger son and I riding.

Very nice! He is a good rider. The scenery was beautiful! Looked like a relaxing ride on a beautiful day! I love seeing family members riding together!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pasi said:

I rode home from city centre of Helsinki near the seaside....Tammisalo....Marjaniemi..

Very blurry video for me, but that looks like the perfect place to ride.  It seems to have everything going for it, nice!

4 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Very blurry video for me, but that looks like the perfect place to ride.  It seems to have everything going for it, nice!

Your Internet connection must have been bad when you tried to watch this. It's in 1080p and is very sharp.

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

Sound file like that would probably sound good using the speakers in my KS18. 

Allen

Sounds good on my KS14C speakers.

• Upvote 2