THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

I really like how you can overlay your EUC info on a video from within the iOS app "DarknessBot". (It's a $1.99 extra purchase but to me it's worth it.)

I've used it, and haven't bought the upgrade, but this makes it seem like it might be worth it.  Does it record audio too?  Any idea if Image Stabilization is used on an iPhone 7 Plus?

Edited by SuperSport

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I've used it, and haven't bought the upgrade, but this makes it seem like it might be worth it.  Does it record audio too?  Any idea if Image Stabilization is used on an iPhone 7 Plus?

Yes. You can select if you want audio also recorded.

My iPhone 6s+ has image stabilization but it doesn't seem to work within the DarknessBot app for some reason. 

Allen

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2017 at 6:32 PM, MaxLinux said:

The TG T3 was also my first wheel. I had two T3s, a blue one and a black one. I really wanted a yellow one like freetheoranges has, but at that time I could not find a seller with yellow in stock. I never had any problems except BOTH were delivered (widely separated in time and from different sellers) with dead, unchargeable batteries! After replacing the batteries, I had lots of fun with my T3s. When I moved on to other wheels, I gave my T3s to two university students.

Very generous of you!

On 5/8/2017 at 10:24 PM, Marty Backe said:

To bring this thread back to videos, are these examples of Ian "doing very small bumps" 

I never ride like this, or even jump off curbs, because I don't want to break my axle or bang something loose inside the wheel.

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2017 at 11:35 PM, Marty Backe said:

Is there a better one or two word phrase that can be used to reflect what I've been calling enthusiast wheels? I don't want to continue to offend people in the future :confused1:

My suggestion's a bit long-winded: "Darwin-award candidate wheels". But it does capture the essence of riding a wheel capable of 50km/h or above pretty well? ;) Kidding of course... 

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2017 at 4:35 AM, Goodman said:

The way Ian has been riding his Gotway over 600+ miles before it broke I would say is pretty impressive, Ian stated he had pushed it too hard so no surprise there. I am sure if you took the major EUC brands on this harsh and long ride carrying as much weight as they did most would not even make it past the 600 mile mark.

Didn't someone make a 1000-mile trip across several European countries (don't remember exactly, maybe it was from Netherlands to France or something) on a customized Gotway MSuper2 in 2015? Carrying a tent and whatnot...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, esaj said:

Didn't someone make a 1000-mile trip across several European countries (don't remember exactly, maybe it was from Netherlands to France or something) on a customized Gotway MSuper2 in 2015? Carrying a tent and whatnot...

This guy?  (in French...)

http://jiraichargerchezvous.blogspot.nl/

• Upvote 3

On 5/8/2017 at 6:41 PM, dpong said:

Young man rides NB1 E+ in a foot of snow.   Enthusiast? (But fun!)

Watch while he takes a shot of Whiskey and just keeps on a-riding!

That really was a cool video.  I hadn't seen one like that before.  I saw one with a little snow but this guy's machine was almost buried in it at some points.  Pretty neat to see.  And I guess he's right that the motor might not overheat in temps so cold.

• Upvote 2

Here's a nice compilation of interesting self-balancing vehicles.  There's a good review of the SoloCraft sit down unicycle as well (video 4/200).  You can hit the right arrow skip to next video in the playlist if you find a video not that interesting (they do get a little repetitive and focused on the same wheels after a while).

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RoBInS said:

Just for fun I put in some drone batterys (4 LiPos 4S) which is Unicycle voltage. Then I gave it to my friend who never was on a EUC before. Immediatly he got hooked:

That was awesome of you!  What sort of mileage is he getting on those batteries?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RoBInS said:

Electric Unicycling is just about fun... Bought a broken Airwheel Clone for 30 bucks with broken battery. Though I could use the charger for my Kingsong. Just for fun I put in some drone batterys (4 LiPos 4S) which is Unicycle voltage. Then I gave it to my friend who never was on a EUC before. Immediatly he got hooked:

nice ride!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

100 Km Gisors - Paris Porte Dorée (France).

I tried to do the 100 Km without breaks or charge. Unfortunately only 90 Km (because of the wind) , I walked 10 Km :mellow: (MS3+ 1600)

Very cool, relaxing video.  That's a long ride!  I saw an over 6 hour riding time.  That's real commitment!  Even just standing up, period, for six hours isn't easy.

On ‎2017‎년 ‎4‎월 ‎5‎일 at 3:29 PM, Marty Backe said:

Enjoyable ride - hey, did I hear someone mention my name :D   As summer approaches for the Phoenix area I bet you need to plan these rides for early morning or late afternoon.  How much charging can you really get done during a 'recharge break'? My wheels take from 8 to 20 hours to recharge so I figure it wouldn't be worthwhile to carry a charger around with me. On the other hand it's nice that there are outlets that you can freely plug into.

Nice video! What is the music that starts at 10:19?

14 minutes ago, johrhoj said:

Credits for this video goes to @Bram

Just posting it, because I was there too. It was a nice ride and a great opportunity to meet some fellow EUC enthousiasts :)

Love it! Nice video and nice area to wheel!! 

Too bad I missed it.. please take me with you guys next time!

Hello Michael,

We are planning a EUC meeting on the 9th of july in Meppel.

12.00u by the train station in Meppel, we will do the weerribben route.

Giethoorn is one of the places to visit and it is a national park around there.

Are you on our group app already, i think not?

If you can come, more ridrs are welcome!