THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Ah good eye, Marty.  Good eye.  :efee8319ab: I totally missed that date stamp as I was trying to figure out whether it was a joke video or something.  :eff02518bb:  Maybe that was with the old six MOSFET boards.

@F.J. Abaya that daughter is so cute zipping around on that hoverboard / go-kart adapter.  Also I've never seen a Mini Pro with a kid trailer attached like that before.  Quite cool!  Your son looks quite adept at the Ninebot as well!

@Rehab1 I wonder if that go-kart/hoverboard set up might be fun to use with the therapists working with the kids along with the Luffy.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

The video has been taken yesterday. The camera dates are wrong. The model is V3.

There goes my theory :(   Thank's for the correction.

20 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah good eye, Marty.  Good eye.  :efee8319ab: I totally missed that date stamp as I was trying to figure out whether it was a joke video or something.  :eff02518bb:  Maybe that was with the old six MOSFET boards.

@F.J. Abaya that daughter is so cute zipping around on that hoverboard / go-kart adapter.  Also I've never seen a Mini Pro with a kid trailer attached like that before.  Quite cool!  Your son looks quite adept at the Ninebot as well!

@Rehab1 I wonder if that go-kart/hoverboard set up might be fun to use with the therapists working with the kids along with the Luffy.

Turn's out @EUC Extreme was playing tricks with us, as you can see with his follow-up message :D.  After all, it is rather obviously that it was a V3 :unsure:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, F.J. Abaya said:

Here's a video of my children, Brandon (7 years old) on a Ninebot One E+ and Ella (3 years old) on a hoverboard/kart

Precious! Thanks for sharing! Made my day!:)

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if that go-kart/hoverboard set up might be fun to use with the therapists working with the kids along with the Luffy.

I like that concept! Still waiting for a warm Saturday morning to meet with the therapists and patients they have selected for this trial.

• Upvote 1

F.J. Abaya, that video with your two little ones was great!  Your tiny little girl practically had superpowers with that Segway.  So funny.

I would have gone nuts with something that fun if it was around when I was a kid.  Lucky children!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

There is some new info about Inmotion.  It seems they are joining forces with SoloWheel.  If that's the case, they are two of the best designed and made wheels out there (other than speed and distance).  If only they can make a faster, longer distance wheel, that would be a game changer.

That's interesting news. Unfortunately both companies make conservative wheels. Nicely designed and engineered, but more for the 'last mile' folks then the enthusiasts.

I'm hoping for a game changing moment but not anticipating one.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ombre said:

Hey, I'm an "enthusiast"!  Some of us don't care about going 50 miles in a single charge, but that doesn't make us less enthusiastic.  Are @Hirsute @Jonathan Tolhurst @Sidestreet Reny all not "enthusiasts" because they ride Ninebots and Inmotions and KingSong 14D? 

Great point! I would like to be added to the list! Enthusiastic? ABSOLUTELY! Waiting for ANYONE but Gotway to come out with a distance wheel, OR for Gotway to hire actual engineers and up their quality? ABSOLUTELY!  (No offense taken Marty. I highly doubt you were intending to look down your nose at us non-Gotway riders) 

2 hours ago, Ombre said:

Hey, I'm an "enthusiast"!  Some of us don't care about going 50 miles in a single charge, but that doesn't make us less enthusiastic.  Are @Hirsute @Jonathan Tolhurst @Sidestreet Reny all not "enthusiasts" because they ride Ninebots and Inmotions and KingSong 14D? 

Yeah, I probably worded that poorly. But I do think that if use the term "enthusiast wheel" the majority of people will naturally understand that to be a fast, powerful, and long range wheel. I agree that doesn't mean there aren't people who are enthusiastic about slow and short range wheels that satisfy their particular wants.

Is there a better one or two word phrase that can be used to reflect what I've been calling enthusiast wheels? I don't want to continue to offend people in the future :confused1:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

At which WH does a wheel become a distance wheel? 

@SuperSport has the best answer :D but I think most people would say ~800wh puts you in the distance wheel category, on the low side considering that it's 2017.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I probably worded that poorly. But I do think that if use the term "enthusiast wheel" the majority of people will naturally understand that to be a fast, powerful, and long range wheel. I agree that doesn't mean there aren't people who are enthusiastic about slow and short range wheels that satisfy their particular wants.

Is there a better one or two word phrase that can be used to reflect what I've been calling enthusiast wheels? I don't want to continue to offend people in the future :confused1:

"Fast and long distance wheels unfortunately made with Gotway's horrible lack of engineering" should do the trick.  ???

My lack of a fast, long distance wheel is only because I will wait for one with quality engineering. I want the speed and distance as bad as anyone, but I'm not willing to get on a fast wheel that blows control boards when the wind blows. ?

• Upvote 2

If we're taking sides here, I want to state everything below 1000 W (nominal) or 1000 Wh can go right into the trash:P

37 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Goodenough

O-Shaped-rolly

Things

With

Automically-melting-wires-of

Yellow-and-some-other-colors

:laughbounce2::clap3::thumbup:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2