THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

Ha! nice to compare notes finally ;)

To each his own. I actually prefer the semi-slick style on @captainwells, more diverse for city streets, but understandable you prefer the knobby, off-road, being you are a avid trail-runner/hill climber. Actually, at some point, I'm meaning to swap out my CST with a spare 16" Chao Yang Tire I have, my fav (also semi-slick).

That's true. But wouldn't it be nice if they all had the same type of tire? It appears to be whatever is in the bin at the moment :(

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:You are. We are all beta testers, aren't we? At the very least, the Gotway and Rockwheel customers are. Not sure about other manufacturers, Inmotion and KS seems to have advanced.

@Marty Backe Per spec, the 16S goes to 35 km/h right? Which is the same as the second alarm on ACM 84V. Do you go significantly faster with your ACM? (not sure how fast 16S will let you go if you disable every alarm you can)

I've ridden my ACM at 40km/h and never heard the 3rd alarm. I don't want to press my luck (and 40 feels damn fast) so I've limited myself to 40. I've actually never heard the 3rd alarm on my 84v ACM.  Per the ACM spec's it has a limit of 45km/h

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

wouldn't it be nice if they all had the same type of tire?

Wouldn't it be even better if you could choose the tire when you order it?  Like a fatbike tire on an EUC might be a good option.  I read that some people are cutting shells to put wider tires.  Batteries are a good option we have now, hopefully tires will be in the future.  But like you said, standardized tires would be good.  The larger the wheel the wider the tire?

• Upvote 3

Just now, steve454 said:

Wouldn't it be even better if you could choose the tire when you order it?  Like a fatbike tire on an EUC might be a good option.  I read that some people are cutting shells to put wider tires.  Batteries are a good option we have now, hopefully tires will be in the future.  But like you said, standardized tires would be good.  The larger the wheel the wider the tire?

Surely you've seen the picture that @Ando Melkonyan just posted where he put a 2.5 inch tire on his ACM! :o   See this link...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Surely you've seen the picture that @Ando Melkonyan just posted where he put a 2.5 inch tire on his ACM! :o   See this link...

No, I saw the post where @Ando Melkonyan mentioned it but didn't see the photos until you reposted it.  He gave me the idea, you showed the proof.  On this forum, on this computer I have, and with my limited skills, I am probably missing a lot.  And I am sure that @jrkline will make his ACM even more of a great wheel.  Thanks for linking the photos, it's a nice mod.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

No, I saw the post where @Ando Melkonyan mentioned it but didn't see the photos until you reposted it.  He gave me the idea, you showed the proof.  On this forum, on this computer I have, and with my limited skills, I am probably missing a lot.  And I am sure that @jrkline will make his ACM even more of a great wheel.  Thanks for linking the photos, it's a nice mod.

:) in place of a Reputation since I reached my limit of 40 a day :(

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

There's no way that the KS16S is as fast as the ACM, particularly the 84v version. I'd bet my paycheck on that one.

I concur. My KS16S feels comparable to my first-gen 67v ACM. The 84v ACM is in a league of its own. Well, until the GT16 arrived. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

But @KingSong69 says that he now hears that sound in his upgraded KS18. So maybe it's not a bad thing. Who knows at this point.

You need to put up another vid Marty and see if you can capture this sound. My Segway S1 makes a peculiar electrical sound under strong acceleration or braking, but I'm not sure I would call it a crackle.. I would really be interested in hearing it for comparison. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

You need to put up another vid Marty and see if you can capture this sound. My Segway S1 makes a peculiar electrical sound under strong acceleration or braking, but I'm not sure I would call it a crackle.. I would really be interested in hearing it for comparison. 

@captainwells posted the video on the previous page, linked here: 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Perfect video for demonstrating the symptoms. Hopefully some of the motor nerds ;) out there will have some valuable insight. And is this what you hear @KingSong69?

Sorry about the power button. I'd swear it turned off instantly when I touched it.

I may be wrong, but what it sounds like to me is that something is being magnetically attracted by a pulsing magnetic field. I am guessing something physically loose. If you pick it up and shake it while it's off, can you get a rattle out of it? It could be something as simple as a washer, or nut in a compartment very near one of the coils. What do you think?

49 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

I may be wrong, but what it sounds like to me is that something is being magnetically attracted by a pulsing magnetic field. I am guessing something physically loose. If you pick it up and shake it while it's off, can you get a rattle out of it? It could be something as simple as a washer, or nut in a compartment very near one of the coils. What do you think?

Actually we've already established that other wheels of the same class make the same noise, just not as loud. If you stick your ear against your ACM in a quiet area you will hear the crackling sound too. And while you're doing that, turn on your light and you'll really hear it.

So what's unique about the GT16 is that this crackling effect is much louder.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Before Luffy heads to rehab in the next few weeks I decided to give her a makeover with a colorful kid's theme. I vacuum formed a custom plastic shell over a plaster mold I initially made of Luffy. I used transfer paper to impregnate the plastic with a colorful handprints pattern.

Luffy will undoubtedly sustain countless knocks and spills as therapists work with a select group of high functioning children. Increasing balance and somatosensory feedback will be the key elements behind the research project.

I jump on Luffy today for a short ride after the modifications. 

Kinda looks like an Easter egg theme.Did you put a bunny suit on and ride that around the White House earlier in the week?:whistling: Here comes Peter Cottontail,rollin' down the Bunny trail.:whistling:

• Upvote 3