THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Yeah, that's a challenge. Maybe put a solar array on your helmet. Should only take a year of sunshiny days to charge. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Continuing my backward riding practice, today I take my MSuper V3 to the bottom of the San Gabriel River to work on my steering and turning skills.

Great video, whoa, those 180's in reverse are pretty smooth.  You inspired me to start practicing backwards riding.  My progress is slow but steady.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Great video, whoa, those 180's in reverse are pretty smooth.  You inspired me to start practicing backwards riding.  My progress is slow but steady.

Thanks. They don't feel smooth :wacko:  Keep going - as I've aptly demonstrated all it takes is determination and you'll be doing all your riding backwards before you know it ;)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

On 4/7/2017 at 6:08 AM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

A very quick electric unicycling practice session video from this morning showing some bar jumps and a Pennyspin (returning) Boomerang around a cone. 

Apologies for the poor quality of the footage - this was due to my slider rail malfunctioning.

I have posted basic instructions in the "Tricks to Learn" thread. The bar jump is definitely not one to try on a Monster :facepalm:

OMG Jonathon I cannot imagine how much time you dedicate each day to achieve your high level of skill! Amazing!! 

• Upvote 2

On 4/7/2017 at 0:31 AM, Marty Backe said:

Continuing my backward riding practice, today I take my MSuper V3 to the bottom of the San Gabriel River to work on my steering and turning skills.

Great job Marty! 180s in reverse are tough. You are definitely mastering the technique! :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Sucess with extra battery pack, full speed to Gislaved an home to Hestra and it didnt go to slow speed mode , I love the plug , now I can have an extra battery in my backpack , I dont recommend to have a battery ontop , it changes stability

• Upvote 2

This video and the one a few posts above show the French are doing something right. Dozens of riders, women, children, everyone. Mostly everywhere else (except these Thai riders you can see on youtube) you're lucky to get more than 5 people into a group. What's the secret, besides enough people with wheels? Seriously considering a short Paris vacation one day to join one of these mega group rides.

• Upvote 3

And every friday evening there is meetup In and around Paris with 10 to 30 wheelers.

In June, we go to Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Den haag, Rotterdam) for a weekend (15 wheelers at the moment)

Me and three other wheelers going on the wheel from Paris the week before (600 km) :D

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This video and the one a few posts above show the French are doing something right. Dozens of riders, women, children, everyone. Mostly everywhere else (except these Thai riders you can see on youtube) you're lucky to get more than 5 people into a group. What's the secret, besides enough people with wheels? Seriously considering a short Paris vacation one day to join one of these mega group rides.

Hi,

Our tour was not in Paris, I know the biggest meetings are in Paris but it's far. We have different categories of people coming it's very true but I can't really say why it's not like that in other coutries. For the number, we have a few people setting up the meetings, so that may be the reason, for example for this tour I planned the route with some friends, and another guy did the communication. There aren't any secrets it depends on everyones motivation and a few people shouting out "let's do this" :D

For the language, some of our riders (and myself) speak english so the language is not an issue ;)

• Upvote 2

@Pingouin Yea I just mentioned Paris as it's the obvious target for a France ride holiday.

And it is notable that there are 3 big "Western" EUC forums, 2 of which are in French, and the rest happens in Asia.

@Hansolo That is so cool! How do you keep your wheels charged enough so that you get more than 50km per day? Monster chargers? It's still a few hours to charge a big battery fully with fat charger.

Edited by meepmeepmayer