THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

On second look, it seems to just be a sticker of some sorts on the shell.

Thats a sticker on top of some plexiglas....which unfortunally you have to break open if you want to maintenance the board/wires...

one of the critique points of Gt16 :-(

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Don't totally agree here. 

The initial acceleration is not the fastest, but when I double clutch the pedals hard and get the Monster moving up hill, it's pretty powerful.

Relative to other wheels, specifically the ACM, the Monster sucks at climbing hills. I love my Monster, but facts are facts.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Relative to other wheels, specifically the ACM, the Monster sucks at climbing hills. I love my Monster, but facts are facts.

Agree to disagree; don't consider this a "fact".

I can push mine hard enough to where it climbs just fine when momentum is gained, maybe there's something wrong with your's.

I've been on plenty of makes and models of EUCs out there that underpower uphill way more than the Monster. I wouldn't consider the Monster close to "suck".

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, esaj said:

The IRFB4110's (IRFP4110 for the TO-247 packaging, otherwise the same) used in GT16/ACM/maybe MSuper3 and Monster have an Rds(on) of 4.5 milliohm @ 75A (10V gate drive), (theoretical) maximum continuous current of 180A and a ma

hMmm...as i now the Gt16 uses a different Mosfet than the Acm/v3?..but for sure i dont get into technical discussion with YOU....as that is like a first class school boy dicussing with o prof/doctor :-)

I am giving a one sentence opinion and you are blowing that away with a 1000 word science post ;-) ok, i am doctor at Mosfets now also :-)

I guess i got that mixed up with the Mosfets of the new KS16s:

IRFP 4368 75V 350A/195A) TO-247

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, esaj said:

w that's a different beast... unfortunately, not usable in the 84V models, as the drain-source voltage would be too high. Now I'm starting to wonder (again) if I should go with the S-model instead of the older KS16(C? or is it D now?) :P  Still I'd prefer not to be a guinea pig for a brand new model until it's been out for a while ;)

From all i get KS and GW are going totally diifferent ways.

And to all Fanboys...no offense meant in any direction!

GW is on the speed and performance road...but overlooking reliability and testing in a bad behavior....

The problems with the wires/ connectors speak for that!

KS is all going for reliability and safety....

They have done so many (unrecognized) changes over their iterations, that they are real underrated at the moment...

KS16S has this beast mosfets, thicker motor connections.....capacitors...and some more board improvements...all these changes have also been implemented on the Ks14d, and latest Version Ks18AY+(sometimes refered Ks18b).....

so safety wise, you are doing no wrong thing in getting a "first" version KS16S...as they do not repeat old faults of older wheels...perhaps check the French forum about it!

KS also still have some quality hickups, like app updates missing, little firmeware faults, (all this is also on GW, but never even talked about as they have more serious probs ;-) )   or delivering wheels not "initialized"...but from the reliability and safety point of their wheels...they will -at least since the last year- never let you stay in the rain like with first versions on GW or Rockwheel....where you never know what you get!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, esaj said:

I don't know if MSuper V3's and Monsters also use the same mosfets, but it would make sense for them to use the same mosfet across the line (at least for the 84V models) to get discounts when buying in large bulks. Not to mention sharing parts of the circuitry between the models to push down the R&D -cost.

Same mosfet on MS3+ 1600

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, maybe 'suck' is too strong of a word. But the Monster 'goes' up hills whereas the ACM zooms up hills. I just got back from a group ride in the mountains. As I was leaning hard and going up some steep inclines, the ACM was flying by me.

I can definitely vouch for that. 

Parts of our ride today wouldn't enable someone to "gain momentum" before hitting the off-road hills.  That's where the smaller wheel will shine. 

Allen

Edited by abinder3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

I can definitely vouch for that. 

Parts of our ride today wouldn't enable someone to "gain momentum" before hitting the off-road hills.  That's where the smaller wheel will shine. 

Allen

Jeez, when on earth did I ever say the Monster is faster uphill than an ACM, let alone mention the ACM?

Sometimes I wonder if people just read what they want to see on these forums.

Apparently, all those times I thought I was climbing uphill on my Monster, I was standing still *smh

Edited by houseofjob

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Jeez, when on earth did I ever say the Monster is faster uphill than an ACM, let alone mention the ACM?

Sometimes I wonder if people just read what they want to see on these forums.

Apparently, all those times I thought I was climbing uphill on my Monster, I was standing still *smh

Since your current rotation includes the monster as well as the gt16,have you compared the 2 at hill climbing? and if so,what is your insights?

Just now, jrkline said:

Since your current rotation includes the monster as well as the gt16,have you compared the 2 at hill climbing? and if so,what is your insights?

*Shhhhh, I can't answer here because the ACM Gestapo is listening.... <_<

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a wrap. After 17 days total I'm pretty confident with my backward riding skills. Reversals are mostly successful and in general everything is much smoother. Here's a demonstration of my current skill level along with some parting words.

Nice video.Seeing that shirt and the location of the Gotway stencil makes me thinks that there's a Gou'ald named Gotway.:o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Nice video.Seeing that shirt and the location of the Gotway stencil makes me thinks that there's a Gou'ald named Gotway.:o

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1