THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

25 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

My buddy and I riding in a plane and EUCs to go get some good Texas BBQ.

Great Video, Thanks for sharing.  Those ribs are so good you need a helmet to eat them! ;)

I like the combination of flying and riding.  I often tell people that riding the wheel is the closest sensation I'm able to get to flying while on the ground.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

And for those really rough offroad trails that the Monster can't handle:

That's pretty insane. Interesting to see the slow learning process - better and better with time. Seems familiar :)

• Upvote 3

If I were the CEO of Ninebot, I'd hire you to do some promo videos and be lead product development consultant @Jonathan Tolhurst.  :thumbup:  You got some sick moves plus pushing that baby carriage, LOL :lol:.  Just don't get confused and start penny spinning that baby!  :shock2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

A quick film from Bromley Skatepark in South London. I'm a bit rusty at present as I haven't had a lot of time to practice.

Skatelite surface = Super fast penny spins

That's great stuff :thumbup:   Did you buy that EUC  jacket (where) or did you have it made?

@logos122 Nice!!! Price? (You said 1050 in the video? Ali?) Also I feel obliged to mention the charger is not "European" (tons of variants here), but it fits German, Austrian, Belgian, who knows where else (and I believe Russian) outlets.. sorry:P Stupid that the power cable is affixed to the charger instead of some exchangable plug.

Looks like a really interesting wheel, with some minor improvements necessary (that splash guard would be great if it worked fully). Also, somehow it almost looks better with the handle attached than without.

The back light is maybe the best for visibility in traffic: relatively bright, projects onto the ground, and it blinks often.

What do you mean by smooth, can you describe it a little more? Sounds interesting.

Also, is that wood behind the side cushions (at 1:07)?

Edited by meepmeepmayer

6 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

A quick film from Bromley Skatepark in South London. I'm a bit rusty at present as I haven't had a lot of time to practice.

Skatelite surface = Super fast penny spins

VERY cool! How do you keep your ninebot looking so unharmed? In the past week I've had two trick sessions; in the first, I broke my V5F+ handle and in the second I cracked my KS14C shell :(

11 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

My buddy and I riding in a plane and EUCs to go get some good Texas BBQ.

Man, that one brought back some memories of "$100 hamburger" flights we did many years ago.  Other than the cuisine the only difference was the EUC.  Wish I'd had one back then.  And I sure do miss flying the small planes!

3 hours ago, logos122 said:

Rockwheel GT16 Unboxing + First Ride!

Oh man!  Sooooooo jealous of you guys here!!  :dribble:  That GT16 looks like a sweet ride!  Are the cushions supposed to be loose at the top?  :confused1:  Did you manage to unlock the speed limit?  Any impressions of the speed capabilities?  Tell us more man - don't leave me hanging here!  :w00t2:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, captainwells said:

The video has been picked up by a bunch of news agencies.  This story mentions that I was riding an electric unicycle:

https://apnews.com/b8ac0899d0b74a758f69b66e52401cf0/Fire-official:-4-lucky-to-be-alive-after-boat-capsized

Really relieved that everyone made it to shore.  There were a few minor injuries (dislocated shoulder, cuts, scrapes), but it could have been so much worse if one of the people had been crushed between the boat and a piling.

Nice to see the other footage too, and good that you got an EUC plug in there :)

3 hours ago, logos122 said:

Rockwheel GT16 Unboxing + First Ride!

Good unboxing. Can't wait to hear from someone that also has an ACM and and nearby hills. With that 2000w motor I'm intrigued to know if it will climb hills better than the ACM.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh man!  Sooooooo jealous of you guys here!!  :dribble:  That GT16 looks like a sweet ride!  Are the cushions supposed to be loose at the top?  :confused1:  Did you manage to unlock the speed limit?  Any impressions of the speed capabilities?  Tell us more man - don't leave me hanging here!  :w00t2:

I think the cushions are supposed to be like that. The speed was unlocked with the app. We'll make a follow up video for sure!

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Good unboxing. Can't wait to hear from someone that also has an ACM and and nearby hills. With that 2000w motor I'm intrigued to know if it will climb hills better than the ACM.

I think @Tishawn Fahie has an ACM, so maybe we can do a collaboration, and compare them.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@logos122 Nice!!! Price? (You said 1050 in the video? Ali?) Also I feel obliged to mention the charger is not "European" (tons of variants here), but it fits German, Austrian, Belgian, who knows where else (and I believe Russian) outlets.. sorry:P Stupid that the power cable is affixed to the charger instead of some exchangable plug.

Looks like a really interesting wheel, with some minor improvements necessary (that splash guard would be great if it worked fully). Also, somehow it almost looks better with the handle attached than without.

The back light is maybe the best for visibility in traffic: relatively bright, projects onto the ground, and it blinks often.

What do you mean by smooth, can you describe it a little more? Sounds interesting.

It's not my unit, so I'll have forward some of those questions. I'm actually not sure what to describe it (especially thinking back a few days to when this was shot), but maybe it's a combination of the pedals being soft, and the response of the motor, that give it a smooth feeling. I'll ask the owner, and get back to you on that one too!

• Upvote 1

It's actually my GT16. Me & @logos122 were having a GT16 and Dualtron Man session, plus I'm still too lazy to shoot video.

I'll be doing a comprehensive review after the weekend, now that I've had a full week's riding experience.

@logos122 Nice!!! Price? (You said 1050 in the video? Ali?) 

Bought from Rockwheel AliExpress store.

It's a hard response, yet butter smooth. Will explain further in writeup.

On second look, it seems to just be a sticker of some sorts on the shell.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Are the cushions supposed to be loose at the top?  :confused1:

Appears so.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Did you manage to unlock the speed limit?  Any impressions of the speed capabilities?  Tell us more man - don't leave me hanging here!  :w00t2:

Yes. Still afraid to really push the wheel, as there are rumored reports of cutouts, board failure (but not totally sure what their exact conditions were).

More to come in my writeup.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Trying to get our local NY Gotway dealer to bring his 84V ACM, as he's the only one in the area with one; the other 2 ACM owners have 67.2V. (never been on an ACM myself yet).

The limited steep streets I've climbed this week were good (still not fully pushing due to not completely trusting the wheel), but it did enter my mind that, weirdly, my Monster had slightly more power when climbing (when you get both wheels going past initial ascent).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

<snip>

The limited steep streets I've climbed this week were good (still not fully pushing due to not completely trusting the wheel), but it did enter my mind that, weirdly, my Monster had slightly more power when climbing (when you get both wheels going past initial ascent).

:huh:  That's not a good sign, as the Monster doesn't exactly excel at climbing. Will wait to hear more.

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:huh:  That's not a good sign, as the Monster doesn't exactly excel at climbing. Will wait to hear more.

Don't totally agree here. 

The initial acceleration is not the fastest, but when I double clutch the pedals hard and get the Monster moving up hill, it's pretty powerful.

4 hours ago, logos122 said:

I think the cushions are supposed to be like that. The speed was unlocked with the app. We'll make a follow up video for sure!

Normally they are taped at the top...and not loose.

i guess on your wheel that is missing, because it first was supposed to be sended without batteries...

the screws you have to install, also lead in this direction...so the batterie sides very pretty open, or?

• Upvote 1