THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Thanks !!!

i felt a lot more confident after being 'thrown in the deep end'. :D

It definitely helped knowing Jeff was there to help me if I got into trouble. 

Allen

@jrkline was very patient with me when we first started riding (I had maybe two months under my belt). So Jeff's my wingman for newbies on our mountain rides. We try not to lose anyone - at least on their first ride B)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jrkline said:

I found some more pics and vids from my Oct'16 visit to the King Song facility in Shenzhen:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         This video is where I drop the phone I was filming on and the reason it took until now to retrieve them(had to replace to phone screen and digitizer on the phone)                                                                                                    

Here is a video to make you feel like your EUC riding skills suck!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

And another short video                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

They are really good at riding !!!!

(I miss Tina already and I've never met her.)

Allen

24 minutes ago, captainwells said:

Here's a few clips from my typical daily ride on the beach bike path through Hermosa Beach, King Harbor, and Redondo Beach in California.

It's my first attempt at a video. Still trying to figure out the angles.

Awww yes.  I'm familiar with that ride (most of it that is).  When you were riding through the Marina, do you turn into the entrance to the Marina from the bike path as it goes along Habor Dr ? And then later on did you take the street Portofino Way to the path near Sea Side Lagoon and Joes Crab shack?

(By the way, the video was nicely done.)

Sometimes, I ride from my apartment in El Segundo, down the rather long steep hill on Grand, to the bike path, and then follow the bike path all the way to where it ends at Torrance Beach.  One time, I went north on the bike path from my apartment in El Segundo, to Marina Del Rey, to Venice Beach, to Santa Monica Beach, and then to Pacific Palisades where the bike path ends.  Nice long ride.  (I did that ride at about 7am on week day to avoid lots of people and traffic.)

Allen

Allen

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

This is the bike path:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Braude_Bike_Trail

@Marty Backe is very familiar with the entire length as well.

Yes, I've been riding with @captainwells almost every week. Sometimes we go to Torrance Beach and sometimes to Venice Beach. Always a great ride unless the wind is blowing from the west at 20mph :cry2:

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, captainwells said:

Here's a few clips from my typical daily ride on the beach bike path through Hermosa Beach, King Harbor, and Redondo Beach in California.

Man, that sure looks familiar ;)  You captured the route perfectly

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, captainwells said:

The wind was crazy today!  I saw a sailboat get tossed into the King Harbor pier by a big wave. All four passengers made it to shore. 

It's bad that it happened to them. But, there were high wind warnings issued today. What were they doing out there? That isn't a very big vessel to be out in high winds. 

Allen

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, captainwells said:

Great video, very nice day and scenery, great camera work, at about 4:57 you reached the perfect speed to make the tire appear to stop and then slowly start rotating backwards, cool illusion.

• Upvote 2