THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Thats exactly the Problem, we get so many Hoverboarders (fans and resellers) that we had to split it up or you'd have a mix of threads discussing the two entirely different devices. The alternative was to exclude Hoverboards completely from the board, but that would be unfair and even harder to moderate.

Another Problem is searching for "electric unicycle" on Amazon or Alibaba and similar sites will list tons of hoverboards, so most people with little english knowledge think its the same.

On 2015-12-12 at 6:45 PM, castShadow said:

This is an alternative to what you can do instead of riding fast.  These are all low speed practicing.  I found this video channel and they ride with ease.  I want this level of riding :) ability.  It took me a while to recognize what they are riding.

Videos by GookGai22.  Do you recognize the wheel?  I believe I know what it is.  On another video they call 9-wheel, that is on rollerblades and riding the wheel if you can picture that  :ph34r:

How are they doing that (jump on and off) and is it possible with all EUC's?

46 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

My first longest ride on Ninebot One E + in a park. Austin, TX USA

How far did you ride that day?  You guys have some of the best trails in the country.  The Museum Trail is amazing!

My Oldest Daughter lives in La Porte, TX, so I may have to visit soon and do the Museum Trail.

POV video of a fairly tight turn (u-turn) maneuver and at the end I indulge in some quite slow-motion riding.  This is the control that I work towards.  Perhaps I'll post again after the page break.  Why do I bother to post before the freaking page-break?  :P  @SlowMo

Edited by dpong
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dpong said:

Nice job on the video!

Thanks!

Here's one about Going Up/Down Quarter Pipes

48 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

This video is of my 10 Mile ride Yesterday.  Now headed out for my 5 mile ride Today and Video will be here tonight.  Today's ride is one of my favorite, so Stay Tuned!

I like the way you left your resting moment in it. Looks like  a nice place to wheel!

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2015 at 10:27 AM, Viktiga said:

How are they doing that (jump on and off) and is it possible with all EUC's?

Yes it should be possible with all EUCs.  They need a clean jump-off and also they know which way it is leaning and it will turn in that direction in a circle so they can head it off.  Jumping back on with both feet means you have to land on both pedals simultaneously even though it looks like one foot goes first.  You can touch the pedal lightly with the first foot but don't put weight on it by bending that leg until the other foot is in place then both feet lands with weight.

But besides that, they also demonstrate riding on one foot, jumping off on one foot and jumping back on with one foot as well.  To do this you have to learn to ride with one foot.  Also maybe the large wheel they are using maybe makes it easier, or they just make it look easy, and/or the padding also helps - but many can ride one foot with practically any wheel (except the odd 5" wheel maybe with no side support at all).

I like how tight a circle they can ride almost spinning in place.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Michael David de Gans said:

Here's an advanced tutorial about wheeling Down Stairs. Never carry your wheel again!

(it is in Dutch but it has English subs)

can you try and drive up that incline in the background and hop onto that balcony? that would be legit LOL :D

• Upvote 1

Here's my First Video That Includes Telemetry.  I used DashWare for this.  I have never done it before, so I hope it works!  This is in Folsom, CA, again, starting at a Park and running the Bike Trail around town, criss crossing the railroad tracks, then back to the park.  One of my favorite trails to ride.  Enjoy!

I'm just holding the phone in my hand, so it's a little shaky, but at least it's not aimed at the sky most of the time like my last video.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, elias_ said:

can you try and drive up that incline in the background and hop onto that balcony? that would be legit LOL :D

That.. would be.. AWESOME. I wonder if I can get the torque needed out of this 800W wheel, or maybe wait for the next generation of power wheels. Or search for a 40 kg person who's crazy enough to try it.

In the light of laziness and not wanting to carrying the wheel much, we also did a tutorial on jumping on the sidewalk:

• Upvote 2