THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

There are many, many more miles of EUC trails to discover and document. I'm creating a Southern California EUC Trail Guidebook.

That's awesome, judging by your videos, including one I saw where you blueprinted a Harbor Freight plane, I'm sure it will be excellent.  

14 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Man you guys are hardcore!  That mountain climb was crazy.  I think you passed by the San Andreas fault when you went by that cavern at one point.  Great videos!  Jeff should bring along a backpack to carry some snacks (donuts) and water.  Gotta stay well hydrated as you don't realize how much water you lose in sweat.  Some backpacks have sippy tubes so you don't even need to take out a container.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/camelbak-mule-hydration-pack/rp-prod125078

Any plans to add on a trolley handle onto the ACMs?  I wonder if that might help to roll the wheel over tougher terrain while powered on rather than carrying it.  Judging by how rough and steep some parts were it might not really help that much I'm guessing?

I've passed through Merritt a few times.  BC is a nice province.  We just had a cold spell of -20C weather that I didn't even want to drive my car in so no EUC riding for me unfortunately.  It's nice to be able to ride vicariously through watching others' videos!  :popcorn:  @EUC Extreme has gotta make a trip out to Cali to tackle some of those mountain trails!

Thanks @Hunka Hunka Burning Love :D  Fortunately I had water for both of us, but I'm going to encourage @jrkline to start packing himself. Turned out that the temperature was closer to 90 that day :o

More than once during that failed ascent (and descent) I commented that a trolley handle would be really great to have right now. :crying:

Are you trying to get on @jrkline's good side with that donut comment ;)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

In this long form video, @jrkline and I took our ACMs to a mountainous area north of Los Angeles (Duarte) to explore for new EUC trails. 

Awesome video! Lots of fallen rocks and ruts impeding your passage but suppose it could be interpreted as a relaxing route for @EUC Extreme

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome video! Lots of fallen rocks and ruts impeding your passage but suppose it could be interpreted as a relaxing route for @EUC Extreme

He would never make it, but I'll take him there if he's up for a challenge :D

• Upvote 1

@Merrittous MonoWheel 47 km/h ... didn't look that fast. Can you point out the time in one of the videos when that was?

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've passed through Merritt a few times.

Oh that's an actual place name:D

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Any plans to add on a trolley handle onto the ACMs?

The trolley handle has to be screwed into the shell with a few not too big screws. I'm a bit worried about the handle getting easily ripped out during a crash which might damage the shell further. So that's why I don't have a handle yet, maybe others have the same "problem"?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

<snip>

The trolley handle has to be screwed into the shell with a few not too big screws. I'm a bit worried about the handle getting easily ripped out during a crash which might damage the shell further. So that's why I don't have a handle yet, maybe others have the same "problem"?

Those are my concerns too. When I take my ACM into the mountains I will crash sometimes and that handle may not survive.

BTW, I'm a little bit disappointed in myself because I went to Helsinki's big Verkkokauppa.com store ( Verkkokauppa translates directly to NetStore) in a drysuit and I should have started asking in loud voice 'WHERE ARE YOUR NETS?!? YOU SELL NETS!?! WHERE ARE THEY, I NEED NETS?!?!'

• Upvote 1

Nice ride!  I walked along the same sidewalk next to the harbour a year ago wishing I had my Ninebot with me.  I was disappointed they didn't have harbour boat tours in the winter.  Paid for parking too!  Oh well.  That one dog sure wanted a piece of you.  Nice slow riding amongst the pedestrian peasants!

IMG_2541.png

Be careful though of coppers as @musk got a $600 ticket and court appearance for riding near the PNE.  I wonder how his court appearance went.  Next time you should hit up @Nuo Meng for a group ride.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice ride!  I walked along the same sidewalk next to the harbour a year ago wishing I had my Ninebot with me.  I was disappointed they didn't have harbour boat tours in the winter.  Paid for parking too!  Oh well.  That one dog sure wanted a piece of you.  Nice slow riding amongst the pedestrian peasants!

IMG_2541.png

Be careful though of coppers as @musk got a $600 ticket and court appearance for riding near the PNE.  I wonder how his court appearance went.  Next time you should hit up @Nuo Meng for a group ride.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I was not aware that there was an issue with gliding in Vancouver.  I only rode by one police but did not illicit a glance so I figured all was well. The poach was friendly enough, it was focused on the Monster.  I am in Vancouver again next week and plan on using the Monster to commute significantly further.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Beautiful relaxing ride!

@Rehab1  Thank you.  The ride was very fun and a great way to unwind after a day of meetings.  I don't think I have every gone the entire route before in one shot and the weather cooperated for the ride (rained the rest of the time but I'm not complaining).  It take several hours to walk around and less then one to glide through:-).

5 hours ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I was not aware that there was an issue with gliding in Vancouver.  I only rode by one police but did not illicit a glance so I figured all was well. The poach was friendly enough, it was focused on the Monster.  I am in Vancouver again next week and plan on using the Monster to commute significantly further.  Fingers crossed.

It could have been just a random thing.  I've been passed by police cars, and they've never bothered me here in Alberta.  Most likely have better things to do, and they probably haven't seen many of these wheels so hopefully they just let things slip by.  @musk was just on earlier in the month.  Maybe he'll be able to let us know whether they dropped the fine against him during his court appearance.   If you have a craving for Korean chicken, drop by Ole Wings and Tapas on Robson Street.  It gets a little rowdy some nights with the college groups, but they have great food there.

5 hours ago, Demargon said:

Hi everyone! I take some time to edit my new video. No more raw footage. Enjoy it! 

Nice spot to go riding around.  Looks like a BMX pump track.  You might consider getting some protective gear though since gloves/wristguards/kneepads/helmets can save you from that one accident you don't see coming.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys !

Here is a video of my 55km ACM trip with my friend with his KS16B 680Wh, we started during the evening then the night was here, the video is on the way back, enjoy and please leave me a feedback !

Wow I wish we had that much bike lanes here in Sydney.

Yes @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I wear gloves almost all times. Normal clothes are enough protection for abrasion hurts. I have lot of experience falling from bikes, skates and unicycles. When go under 25km/h I prefer don't wear lot of uncomfortable gear.

Thanks for the advice btw.

Awesome @Pingouin I want to try that one day. Maybe when I get one bigger than mine

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Goodman said:

Wow I wish we had that much bike lanes here in Sydney.

It's true I am lucky, I think my city is one of the top "bikable" cities of the world (the first one being Copenhague) and it is very pleasant, although during the day there is quite a few pedestrians on it (me included) ^^

9 hours ago, Demargon said:

Yes @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I wear gloves almost all times. Normal clothes are enough protection for abrasion hurts. I have lot of experience falling from bikes, skates and unicycles. When go under 25km/h I prefer don't wear lot of uncomfortable gear.

Thanks for the advice btw.

Awesome @Pingouin I want to try that one day. Maybe when I get one bigger than mine

I feel the same as you, I never wear uncomfortable gear, but even at higher speeds than 25km/h I don't wear one, not good but I like feeling "free".

You could try that today ! Why couldn't you ? Yor wheel is an Inmotion V5f isn't it ? it's has shorter range but you can still have a great ride don't you think ?

• Upvote 1