THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

I have a video of me poorly riding backwards on the mcm5, and I have a YouTube account but I dont know how to put it on here with a thumbnail.  

I can turn left and right but only with exaggerated shoulder movement and free mounting into reverse is total crap shoot.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you clarify who "you" is that you're referring to?

I thought he meant you haha

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Moltimondi said:

Enjoyed the video. The expression on your face as you rode around, inspecting the buildings, etc., seemed to match the lyrics of that song :D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Flying W said:

I have a video of me poorly riding backwards on the mcm5, and I have a YouTube account but I dont know how to put it on here with a thumbnail.  

I can turn left and right but only with exaggerated shoulder movement and free mounting into reverse is total crap shoot.

I thought he meant you haha

What is the name of your youtube account? I want to watch your ride.

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

What is the name of your youtube account? I want to watch your ride.

Its squidsleap but I think I need to put more videos up lol. I'll put some up soon, all cell phone though. 

I only have 2 videos up right now and a bunch on my phone!

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Smart guy! He found the winning strategy for conquering TOH without an expensive (and ego-hurting) wheel burn! The time it takes to conquer the hill is inversely proportional to speed, which also almost inv. propoptionally reduces the amount of heat released in the controller and motor, since the heat generation power doesn't depend on speed much at slow speeds. Here's a "simu-illustration" of going up a 30% hill at 10kph and 20kph (at these speeds, the air drag is still negligible, compared to "g-pull"):

https://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?batt=cust_84_0.2_20&cont=cust_100_200_0.03_V&wheel=22i&frame=cust_1_0.01&hp=0&blue=Lbs&motor=M3540&cont_b=cust_100_200_0.03_V&batt_b=cust_84_0.2_20&wheel_b=22i&frame_b=cust_1_0.01&hp_b=0&grade_b=30&eff_b=97&gear_b=2&mass=110&mass_b=110&autothrot=true&autothrot_b=true&throt_b=55.2&grade=30&throt=36.8&bopen=true

We see that in the former case, the battery power is 2621W, motor power is 890W, so about 1700W goes into heat. In the latter case, the battery power is 3769W, motor power is 1854W, so about 1900W goes into heat. But if the distance is the same, and the ride time is 1 minute in the former case and 0.5min in the latter, then in the former total heat is 104kJ, while in the latter only 57kJ! (almost, but a bit more, than one half)

So, on steep hills, moderate speed is your friend, although it does somewhat reduce the safety thrust margin (but it saves in time & heat more than loses in thrust).

Congrats, @Tim Rodriguez!

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 3

On 12/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, Lukasz said:

MSX 100V review after almost 2000km 

Lukasz! If you're interested I'd be happy to purchase a set of the powerpad inserts and the parts that separate the handle from the rest of the enclosure. If not than maybe you'd share the print files? Reach out please, I'm also from PL. I'm commenting because I couldn't DM (new account), but I'm guessing others could also be interested.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Posting a video from last week's ride. I'm still kind of experimenting with the format. I'm trying to keep it shorter as I don't think people really watch videos longer than a few minutes. Tell me what you think. Thanks...

Well done!:cheers:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

I'm still kind of experimenting with the format. I'm trying to keep it shorter as I don't think people really watch videos longer than a few minutes. Tell me what you think. Thanks...

BTW, to add to my previous, more conceptual comment, here's some more tangible feedback: The Internet is wreaking havoc on our attention spans so I think you nailed it with the "short but sweet" approach. Longer trips could be presented in different installments/episodes, it'll also help build up anticipation for the next release ;)

The overall style is a refreshing departure from the majority of what can be found in this thread, and the voice-over give it a nice, more personal/approachable touch, as well as contributing to set the tempo. And the relive PIP overlay is a nice touch! So +10 for the format you've chosen, I think it really works :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Are you guys watching Monsieur Flex touring around the world on his EUC?

He started in France and is now in China. 

Great to see all the different countries, and the people are so nice.

I didn't watch it yet, but is it Chinese Elon Musk in the title screenshot?

• Like 1