THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Some days are more  fun than others. :blink1:

Classic :D

This video is confusing, and I re-watched it many times. Did you fall twice or did you cleverly loop it?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Classic :D

This video is confusing, and I re-watched it many times. Did you fall twice or did you cleverly loop it?

I went down twice, the second time because I thought I'd hurry to see if I could still catch the light. It was likely quite amusing for the waiting traffic.:efeee20b79:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I went down twice, the second time because I thought I'd hurry to see if I could still catch the light. It was likely quite amusing for the waiting traffic.:efeee20b79:

Yeah, try not to do that too often - you're not helping our image ;)

• Like 1

Not all EUC videos include an EUC in them.  I took this brief video (about 20 seconds) on my EUC trip to Cambridge UK today.  The weather was great for Feb.  Cambridge University colleges are famous for their rowing teams.  There had been a regatta earlier (missed it) There were rowers everywhere, singles, twins, fours, eights, you name it.  I had been shadowing these dudes for a while because they were really going for it.  The simple joys of getting out in the sun to ride your EUC.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nic said:

Looks a bit fast on pavement to me ... maybe the wide angle lens ... I hate to have people complaint because of fears about safety, then our EUCs are banned or restricted. He is a skillful rider for sure, but needs to allow for the unexpected when close to people or parked cars. Other people need to feel safe around him.

Yes i know i was thinking that only takes one person to step out ..

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yes i know i was thinking that only takes one person to step out ..

Some of our local bike lanes are  located between parking spaces and the sidewalks (pavement) I had to quit using them and ride on the open road instead. No one ever looks when crossing the bike lane. I have come close to hitting several people. I have also become more aware of how much women’s long hair keeps them from seeing to their side. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nic said:

He is a skillful rider for sure, but needs to allow for the unexpected when close to people or parked cars

Or mothers pushing babies in strollers. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

Riding an EUC in Europe must be a much more restricted thing than here in the US. Outside of a few major US cities, I very highly doubt riding habits as being an issue. My experience is that I am an afterthought on mine. I have ridden mine on sidewalks, bike paths, and open streets. I never get much attention other than: "What is that thing?" In Tennessee, if you're not driving an auto then you are either invisible or just in the way.

28 minutes ago, Moltimondi said:

Sorry guys,

it looks like I am riding around like a pirate but that Insta 360 camera creates a perspective distortion. Pavement looks much narrower that it actually is. I have been riding on that same path for over two year now, twice a day, and I get nothing but smiles from people. I never ever put anybody in danger especially mothers with babies in strollers. I was also very surprised when I looked at the video because in a lot of passages it seems like I am much closer to people or obstacles than I actually am. If you see the other video made with gopro on that same path you will see that the sidewalks are indeed much larger than they actually appear on the insta 360.

Peace

Many thanks for the explanation. :cheers:

• Like 3