THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

25 minutes ago, Chriull said:

No. It's true. Inmotion seems to be the first wheel to really show valid power numbers.

That's 40 Amps flowing through the motor (at some specific motor voltage which normaly, especially while idling is lower rhan the battery voltage) with 67 Volts at the battery (wirh some battery current, wich is normally lower than the motor current)

So these are "unrelated" numbers not to be multiplied - this just results in some number which says just bothing...

Don't know which app programmer came up wirh this...

It’s teling you what is coming out of the battery at that given instant.  I don’t understand what you are saying.  To ignore what is coming out of the battery?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The m10 is great for slow technical trails. Its so easy to turn and zip between rocks. The pedals hitting and when the sand gets too deep are about the biggest problems i have. With the v10F, I also did the upper brown mountain road, MUCH more difficult due to the switch backs and rockiness,. It would have been easier on the m10 but i'm afraid it will burn out.

And I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but when you came down from Mt Wilson along Angeles Crest Highway, you could've shaved 4 miles off your 23 mile trip back if you took this trail. You'd have to cross two more (doable) rivers than I crossed though.

No need to be sorry :), just means that there's another new trail waiting for me to try it. Looks like you may enjoy a bit more single-track/rocky trails than I do, based on that video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2018 at 2:20 AM, novazeus said:

check urself for ticks.

looks like fun.

The forest trail ride video

is the 'southern end' trail entrance at Willowdale (post marker 69) on Rowley Rd.

Willowdale State forest trail ride

After a 15ish mile ride to the post #68 trail entrance I started my GeoTracker. I planned to loop back onto the section where video from Forest trail was taken at about post marker 65. In short time I found myself at an overgrown and obscure trail head along 'Old Right road' bearing a post marker #63. I had passed the trail junction at post marker#65 without recognizing it as such.

Willowdale State forest trail ride

I continued south along Old Right road and back to where my apartment is some 20.7 miles from where the very brief trail ride started at post marker#68.....and no ticks !

Return ride from Willowdale trail head

I took this picture (couldn't resist) on Sunday after a trail ride through the 'Lynn Woods'.

Dog at Dunkin Revere Mass.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That was fantastic, and precious. Thankfully kids at that age are like rubber. And now you're making me want to take my Mten3 into the woods. After switching to the new tire it's much more grippy compared to the stock tire.

Determined to lord my relative skill over my son while I still can, I've taken my MTen3 offroad again this week and pulled off some cuts that would have destroyed me a month ago, such as over large, loose gravel. I find I have to keep just the right speed and balance, though, or the stock tire's lack of traction will betray me. And if I miss a divot more than an inch deep, the wheel may decide to leave me behind. The thing that convinces me this is not going to be my go-to wheel for offroad giggles, though, is that I feel like I need a mouthguard. Even a tad underinflated, the wheel is so hard that it's like offroading on a shopping cart. (Not that I've ever done this. :efeee20b79:). I hope your new tire is better in that regard as well!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

It’s teling you what is coming out of the battery at that given instant.  I don’t understand what you are saying.  To ignore what is coming out of the battery?

Ups. Sorry. No. I did not look in detail at the app screenshots you posted. The label "battery current" there is wrong - it shows the motor current.

For (much) more details on motor vs battery current one can look at the topic:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7549-current-demand-versus-battery-voltage/

Further discussions should imo also happen there (here in the video topic it's quite offtopic) - or i could split it to a seperate topic...

21 minutes ago, Demargon said:

My neighbor give me one little magpie fallen from his nest. Now I training him to fly with the help of the EUC

That's the best thing I've seen all week. Newsworthy!

Edited by Kael
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

My neighbor give me one little magpie fallen from his nest. Now I training him to fly with the help of the EUC

Seriously heartwarming. I let out an audible "awww" each time it came running back to you after trying to fly

• Like 1

I'm still a beginner in this wonderfull sport and consume a lot of videos to find new methods to learn more. SimonVideo does not have the best audio and is not so Hollywood-influenced, but I have to say that his advises are very useful!
These tips I tested today, and they really work:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kyle O said:

My first euc video.   

Life altering vehicles, these things are!

That was great. I could watch you talk about EUCs all day long. This video would be great as a sales tool :thumbup:  (I'm adding it to my Favorites list to show people who may be interested). And I love that you decided to buy the best wheel made - the ACM2 :D

It goes without saying that you are a complete EUC natural, to be riding like that after only a few day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kyle O said:

My first euc video.   

Life altering vehicles, these things are!

I totally agree with you statement about life altering. 

Waterfall speaking...hilarious funny. Keep it up. Ohh and add @Marty Backecomment here too, meaning I totally agree with him. Looking forward to season 1 episode 2 ?.

• Like 1

So I am being to be able to record some more now and get better quality due to mounts of my vidcam rather having it handheld. I recorded this this morning. After 250km or approx 20 hours of learning and practice this is how far I managed to get.

Fantastic to avoid car queues on my way home. Ride takes approx 5-7min. By car it would often take 20-30ish min for the 1.8km. 

Some smile at my TSG Pass helm, other look at me in grumpy envy...behind my mirrored visor...massive dollargrin. I just love it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

now i have my weekly urge to run outside with my bulky tripod, and my non retractable "selfie rod" and start filming and editing to perfection.

but in 10 days i will be getting a gimbal for my phone yay! it will improve my video quality a lot. but i cant film myself with the gimbal while also being the one on camera :P 

i will need someone else that usually doesnt have time. to film me :I 

life isnt always easy as a one man filmaking team :P 

but i will figure something else out. get creative :D 

Edited by Shad0z

22 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

now i have my weekly urge to run outside with my bulky tripod, and my non retractable "selfie rod" and start filming and editing to perfection.

but in 10 days i will be getting a gimbal for my phone yay! it will improve my video quality a lot. but i cant film myself with the gimbal while also being the one on camera :P 

i will need someone else that usually doesnt have time. to film me :I 

life isnt always easy as a one man filmaking team :P 

but i will figure something else out. get creative :D 

You are situated around Copenhagen right? I have been toying with idea to take my car down and go about sightseeing a little. But I am spending a lot of cash atm so I am not sure if I have to postpone this to my summer holidays in week 30-32.

Edited by Unventor
Send me a PM if you like to hook up. I might have something special idea on offer you would love?
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That was great. I could watch you talk about EUCs all day long. This video would be great as a sales tool :thumbup:  (I'm adding it to my Favorites list to show people who may be interested). And I love that you decided to buy the best wheel made - the ACM2 :D

It goes without saying that you are a complete EUC natural, to be riding like that after only a few day.

Thanks Marty, I watched quite a few of yours whIle I was waiting on shipping!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

You are situated around Copenhagen right? I have been toying with idea to take my car down and go about sightseeing a little. But I am spending a lot of cash atm so I am not sure if I have to postpone this to my summer holidays in week 30-32.

yup. we could do some rides :D