THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

15 hours ago, Ombre said:

Just a bit from today's ride around south Tucson along "The Loop".   Urban concrete and a lot of dirt.  You'll see a near-wipeout toward the end where one of our guys hit a loose spot.

Nice riding trails and environs. Lots of wheel beeping going on for awhile there :confused1:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

So I was invited to a Gotway club ( @Marty Backe @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @YoshiSkySun ) early morning ride down the Rio Hondo river trail to Long Beach, but was more interested in coffee and watching the Olympics to start a ride at 7:30am. It occurred to me while I gingerly sipped my coffee that we should start some EUC challenges of our own. B)@Sidestreet Reny has the tricks covered, but what about long distance adventures?

So here's is a little video from my second test ride for a route that crosses most of Los Angeles County using the river bike trails. There are more river trails that lead further north and as you can see from the map of my journey, it is possible with today's long range EUCs. To begin this challenge, this route appears to be the safest. Who else has a cross city journey?

https://youtu.be/tz_1t4cvvYM

Thanks @Scouts Honor you rock! 

:confused1: So,let me get this strait,after being invited to 2 long distant rides on consecutive Saturdays,and confirming your attendance only to crap out at the last minute,(twice),you decide to make a long distant adventure challenge of a shorter route than the one us "Gotway guys" did to Long Beach earlier in the day? Maybe it's time to ponder that with your next cup of Joe?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

:confused1: So,let me get this strait,after being invited to 2 long distant rides on consecutive Saturdays,and confirming your attendance only to crap out at the last minute,(twice),you decide to make a long distant adventure challenge of a shorter route than the one us "Gotway guys" did to Long Beach earlier in the day? Maybe it's time to ponder that with your next cup of Joe?

@meepmeepmayer was correct to say that was too early on a Saturday for a ride. As you can see from the distance and map, my journey was nearly 20 10 miles longer than your journey, and I took the San Gabriel down and didnt see you guys on your way up, so I am thinking Yoshi's GF drove you guys back. :)  I did see an old hippie who said he saw you guys down there. I bet you guys got lost at the whiskey tasting booth at the Scottish day Parade. :D

I am thinking of doing a down and back ride using two unicycles in the near future using the river trails. A double cross L.A. Ride. You and Marty could probably do it using your long range 22" wheels. I will even schedule it early for the blue hair early risers. :laughbounce2: oh and the never need sleep ninjas :ph34r:.

Edited by Stan Onymous
Correction on mileage
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

@meepmeepmayer was correct to say that was too early on a Saturday for a ride. As you can see from the distance and map, my journey was nearly 20 miles longer than your journey, and I took the San Gabriel down and didnt see you guys on your way up, so I am thinking Yoshi's GF drove you guys back. :)  I did see an old hippie who said he saw you guys down there. I bet you guys got lost at the whiskey tasting booth at the Scottish day Parade. :D

I am thinking of doing a down and back ride using two unicycles in the near future using the river trails. A double cross L.A. Ride. You and Marty could probably do it using your long range 22" wheels. I will even schedule it early for the blue hair early risers. :laughbounce2: oh and the never need sleep ninjas :ph34r:.

Ours was a 52-mile ride. It's too bad we missed you - that would have been fun.

• Like 1

For the record, I would have come if I lived in area. I just respectfully asked why the time was so early:efee47c9c8:

Also, not sure why, but these shopping cart shenanigans put a smile on my face. Must be because of Yoshi's enthusiastic gesturing.

Have you done a speed test with the Monster and the cart?

• Like 2

On 2/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, Augus said:

It is possible that we will ever encounter an obstacle and we should jump over it. It's worth learning to get around them.

Nice video . What’s the general concept here ? I’ve tried to “jump “ my wheel a few times and all I manage to do is jump myself . The wheel doesn’t seem to come off the ground . Just my feet off the platforms . 

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree! That’s hilarious!:roflmao:

38537392000_a8583d8613_b.jpg

Love this ! Already thinking about my holoween costume for this year when I take my kid trick or treating!

• Like 3