KIngsong ios app defect--Response from KS

lawyerben

I, like many people, have had difficulties with the kingsong app on my iphone 5s. Among the issues for me are: can't scroll up or down and not all content fits on the screen, thus I can't click "ok", to get to the necessary next screen; registration gives a "the phone number is incorrect" error, even though it was able to text me a confirmation code--thus, I can not register; the app is generally glitchy, and I was not able to unlock the beginner setting.

Since then I was able to adjust the settings through the darknessBot app.

I emailed Kingsong and they addressed the registration issue by sending me a temporary username and phonenumber to use for registration, but I don't want to use artificial information to register my kingsong 16s, so I haven't registered yet.

I also left a one star review on Amazon because I believe that a defective app that is necessary to properly operate the wheel makes for a poor product. When I left the one star review, the seller, Freemotion, sent me the attached email. I also attached a pic of my screen error.

The email says that the issues have been fixed as of April 27, 2018. But I don't think this is correct, because I encountered all of these issues after April 27, 2018. Hopefully this information will assist some people. I will update this if I receive any more info.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.04.24 PM.png

kingsong iphone.jpg

3 hours ago, lawyerben said:

I, like many people, have had difficulties with the kingsong app on my iphone 5s. Among the issues for me are: can't scroll up or down and not all content fits on the screen, thus I can't click "ok", to get to the necessary next screen; registration gives a "the phone number is incorrect" error, even though it was able to text me a confirmation code--thus, I can not register; the app is generally glitchy, and I was not able to unlock the beginner setting.

Since then I was able to adjust the settings through the darknessBot app.

I emailed Kingsong and they addressed the registration issue by sending me a temporary username and phonenumber to use for registration, but I don't want to use artificial information to register my kingsong 16s, so I haven't registered yet.

I also left a one star review on Amazon because I believe that a defective app that is necessary to properly operate the wheel makes for a poor product. When I left the one star review, the seller, Freemotion, sent me the attached email. I also attached a pic of my screen error.

The email says that the issues have been fixed as of April 27, 2018. But I don't think this is correct, because I encountered all of these issues after April 27, 2018. Hopefully this information will assist some people. I will update this if I receive any more info.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.04.24 PM.png

kingsong iphone.jpg

yeah, if ur wheel is working, i'd avoid ks apps. i tried because the new version supposedly did something about monitoring the battery status and now my ks16s is bricked. @Flora Yuanis trying to help me but still no success. my android phones won't even pair with the wheel now. haven't tried my apple ipads because her firmware fix was on android.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having the same problem downloading the app on my android. I contacted Freemotion and they're to get back to me. I'm holding out hope they can resolve the problem. I also attempted to download the app on my IPad and experienced the same issue of it telling me to check user name, phone number and password. The Bluetooth connected with my phone, how that happened., I've nooo idea since my phone won't download the app. 

I take it there's no other recourse but to try and figure a way to download the app?

UPDATE: KINGSONG APP

coincidentally, I ended up getting a new Iphone 8plus. Kingsong has also recently--within the last week--updated its app, and I was able to register and log in and generally use the app. The app is still glitchy on many of it's functions (map tracking, chinese translation, and general performance) but the primary functions of registration and speed unlock have been resolved for me. I hope they keep making improvements on this app.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Need to try the new iOS update.  Haven’t been able to update firmware. Keeps showing new version isn’t 0!

I only use the new white iOS app for trying to upgrade the firmware, and don't see any changes with this latest iOS app version from 3 days ago. I've been trying to upgrade several times daily with both iOS and Android. Can't find the latest Android version 1.48 though. The firmware servers might still be down.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I only use the new white iOS app for trying to upgrade the firmware, and don't see any changes with this latest iOS app version from 3 days ago. I've been trying to upgrade several times daily with both iOS and Android. Can't find the latest Android version 1.48 though. The firmware servers might still be down.

Upgrading is something special ? took me many days with many tries. Seems it is only for the diligent and fortiunate ones ?

10 hours ago, Chriull said:

Upgrading is something special ? took me many days with many tries. Seems it is only for the diligent and fortiunate ones ?

I guess they make their servers as safe as their wheels. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 1:49 AM, mrelwood said:

I guess they make their servers as safe as their wheels. 

A server that is offline is certainly much harder to hack! ?

Archived