Hovershoes?

Shemp

51 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think they are giving stats for individual units.  so 176lbs per unit.

Oh man, hope so, I have so much more to go for 352 lbs riding weight then! AYCE Korean BBQ Buffet here I come!

11 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think they are giving stats for individual units.  so 176lbs per unit.

Because people on skates shift so much of their weight to one foot or the other, just as walkers (or unicyclists) do, each unit would have to be able to support an adult on its own, so 176 lbs per skate definitely makes the most sense. That might be reassuring, but I also think it would be dangerous to rationalize going much over the limit by saying, "I'll just be careful to distribute my weight evenly."

Are these about to come out yet?

I remember seeing a rebrand of these from a company called Rooder Group. I'm guessing these are unsanctioned knock-offs; (they used InMotion promo video and put their own name on it...) :roflmao:

Oddly, they also seem to have two-wheeled versions that look nothing like the InMotion/Koolwheel design. (Then why does it still say self-balancing?) :confused1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dacota.tw/blog/post/segway-drift-w1/amp

inmotion has some competition.  According to one article, the price will blow you away. 

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/06/prweb15579877.htm

The price of this new balance product is also a focus of attention in the industry. As disclosed by relevant sources, the price of this new product has caused a sensation at the channel distributor communication meeting. It is believed that sincere products can impress users the best.”

Excited

thanks @houseofjob for posting on FB  

If these things get decent reviews, there's a good chance the Segway version will be my next PEV purchase.   I like that they're getting some hype.  

Less opportunity for the cops around here to cry about my using them on sidewalks or paved trails.  

Just now, mezzanine said:

If these things get decent reviews, there's a good chance the Segway version will be my next PEV purchase.   I like that they're getting some hype.  

I think it is reasonable to expect they will take off at the right price.  They will be more popular than hover boards.  I hope $200-300!  Same as hover boards. 

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think it is reasonable to expect they will take off at the right price.  They will be more popular than hover boards.  I hope $200-300!  Same as hover boards. 

I'm basing my excitement off your quote about their price point getting a positive response from distributors.  I'd probably pay around $400 if they have a reasonable battery size.  It will all come down to how many batteries they can cram into them.  My big fear is that they won't provide enough range, but the pics leave me optimistic that they haven't been made too small.  

Any word about when they'll be released?  I fear I may have to wait until next spring to buy them unless they're ready to drop very soon.  

I've decided I'm not going to be a beta-tester for these things.  I'm going to have to wait and see if they're worth it.  After my initial excitement, I'm starting to have some doubts about how good the first generation will be.  I figure I'll probably wait for a "Gotway" version that have more power and range that what we're likely to see from the first releases.  Hopefully I'm mistaken and they'll be more powerful than I'm expecting...

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

I'm basing my excitement off your quote about their price point getting a positive response from distributors.  I'd probably pay around $400 if they have a reasonable battery size.  It will all come down to how many batteries they can cram into them.  My big fear is that they won't provide enough range, but the pics leave me optimistic that they haven't been made too small.  

Any word about when they'll be released?  I fear I may have to wait until next spring to buy them unless they're ready to drop very soon.  

They are 500.00 and taking preorders for release next month, according to inmotion USA. I was hoping they would be no more than 400 as well, I think 500 is too much.

15 minutes ago, Jpd said:

They are 500.00 and taking preorders for release next month, according to inmotion USA. I was hoping they would be no more than 400 as well, I think 500 is too much.

waiting for ninebot to announce their price on their hovershoes, the drift w1's.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 3:13 PM, eddiemoy said:

from the pictures, the ninebot drift w1's look a little on the big side vs the inmotion's.  but don't know the specs, maybe it has more range.  

inmotions-hovershoes-x1-are-self-operating-safe-and-awesome_7.jpg.4308cae4830ece7ec91b2ff4a9be1f8a.jpg1529572115-c0abec968961f76b7a05b221f388fbd4.jpg.e56180ed90c1c15f691899ef5fb8ab80.jpg

Segway Drift has my interest for looks and practicality.

Using them on sidewalks and convenient add on to the public transportation experience makes them practical.

1 hour ago, WaveCut said:

It's on preorder for 399 $ total (w/o shipping). What would inmotion do about it?:)

No choice but to drop the price and eventually yield to the better product and competition: Segway.

Segway is positioned to dominate the transporter market in many areas that they touch.  They already provide all the scooters for Bird.

Once they do the Segway Robot, Loomo, correctly, it could be everywhere.

31 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

No choice but to drop the price and eventually yield to the better product and competition: Segway.

Segway is positioned to dominate the transporter market in many areas that they touch.  They already provide all the scooters for Bird.

Once they do the Segway Robot, Loomo, correctly, it could be everywhere.

Segway / Ninebot are looking at many different opportunities right now, but they tend to lack the focus of specialized manufacturers that have to succeed due to limited capital risk.

The Ninebot One s2 was an example of failure in the EUC market. The Segway electric scooter also did not fare well against competition, and was even beaten by mother's company Xiaomi M365.

I can't help laughing at myself. I will share why?

When I first saw this threat today I read it as "horseshoe" it took me like 30 sec to figure out why on earth would people post that on EUC forum. 

Ok in my defence I am on a ferry with really slow internet due to it running over satellite comms. So it took like 1-2min to load the thread.

I wonder what the people sitting next to me were thinking with my silly grin once I realized my mis-reading.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, WaveCut said:

English subtitles included

Ninebot and InMotion must first ask Ridertechjoy opinion before releasing a product, it's a great review but if these goods riders don't feels security with, in conclusion don't buy these Hovershoes...

Archived