Hovershoes?

Shemp

They’re real! I’ll get to try some out before too long. Haven’t seen them in the flesh yet though. And no, I don’t imagine it will get too much excitement from EUC riders, but should be very interesting nonetheless. 

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They’re real! I’ll get to try some out before too long. Haven’t seen them in the flesh yet though. And no, I don’t imagine it will get too much excitement from EUC riders, but should be very interesting nonetheless. 

They look awesome! My kids saw the video on YouTube and all 3 of them want these. Any idea on pricing and availability?

• 2 weeks later...

Got some pre-production samples!  I've been playing with these for a few days now, and I gotta say they are way more fun than I imagined. A transportation tool? No.. but fun? Very much so. The two units are completely independent and operate with no communication between them so they're essentially two tiny 3.5" EUCs! I've never really been a fan of the hoverboard form factor, and this completely fixes my issues with them. Two wheels locked together with tank-like independent throttle for steering means too fast of an adjustment causes a sudden severe turn that throws the rider off. Making both feet/legs completely independent means it's a lot more stable and safe, easier to navigate. So now it's a lot more like intuitive powered rollerskating.

Wow! That is amazing. 

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Walmart. ?

They do seem like an e-version of those wheelie shoes the kids love.  I still feel like they have more potential than they may appear to at first glance.  The idea of being able to pack them is a nice feature.  

Then again, a mini EUC would still have a lot of advantages over them.  

51 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

They do seem like an e-version of those wheelie shoes the kids love.  I still feel like they have more potential than they may appear to at first glance.  The idea of being able to pack them is a nice feature.  

Then again, a mini EUC would still have a lot of advantages over them.  

I said this on the FB thread too, but I agree: there's way more potential here than the naysayers only looking at specs from an EUC perspective.

These basically ARE mini EUC's, with what looks like flat, solid wheels, adding more balance, and thus reducing the learning curve (in terms of mass adoption).

Backpack-ability is very key here I think. Super-protable, and the battery is small enough to not attract FAA attention. And turning off the lights (to draw less attention), I'm not sure anyone would be able to tell if you were on Heelys, etc.

Plus, the use case would not be for the streets IMHO: it would be to surf the crowds / sidewalks, where you can't go that fast anyways (a first stepping stone to proper e-inline skates).

Additionally, detaching the 2 wheels removes some of the stigma of being a 'hover'board; thus, not sure why you would want to put 'hover' in the name, I would personally call these eskates or similar.

Only downside I see here is having no lift/disengage mechanism, so you could step up curbs and such.

If I were @Jeffrey Scott Will / @Bobwheel / @RoseInMotion / InMotionUS, I would feed these to the proven social PEV-related influencers like Casey Neistat, Justin Bieber, etc, and watch these X1's blow up into the hottest 2018 X-Mas gift.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, RayRay said:

What about these?

Stooopid fast (25mph) with 2X 1000W motor! -- Crazy specs, crazy (high) price, similar range to Hovershoes... What do we think? :popcorn:

I do a lot of inline skating/hockey/speed. My first impression is that the product can ONLY go up to 25mph... you can reach higher speeds purely by skating. Second, the way the wheels are setup on those skates will make turning very difficult, trust me, ive tried.  It is the equivalent of vert skates where the center 2 wheels are rocked.  You can only go straight.
On hovershoes, I would have to try them, but they do not seem to have any advantages over quad skates at all.

FYI, US Hovershoes X1 Pre-order is up

@Jeffrey Scott Will, can we get any info on the pedal axle thickness on the final production X1's? Still max 176 lbs load?

Kinda concerned, as my fat a** (currently right at that 175-6 mark but working on making that go down!) with backpack weight might not be supported here.

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, US Hovershoes X1 Pre-order is up

@Jeffrey Scott Will, can we get any info on the pedal axle thickness on the final production X1's? Still max 176 lbs load?

Kinda concerned, as my fat a** (currently right at that 175-6 mark but working on making that go down!) with backpack weight might not be supported here.

I think they are giving stats for individual units.  so 176lbs per unit.

Archived