Hovershoes?

Shemp

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

They’re real! I’ll get to try some out before too long. Haven’t seen them in the flesh yet though. And no, I don’t imagine it will get too much excitement from EUC riders, but should be very interesting nonetheless. 

They look awesome! My kids saw the video on YouTube and all 3 of them want these. Any idea on pricing and availability?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, litewave said:

Walmart. ?

They do seem like an e-version of those wheelie shoes the kids love.  I still feel like they have more potential than they may appear to at first glance.  The idea of being able to pack them is a nice feature.  

Then again, a mini EUC would still have a lot of advantages over them.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, RayRay said:

What about these?

Stooopid fast (25mph) with 2X 1000W motor! -- Crazy specs, crazy (high) price, similar range to Hovershoes... What do we think? :popcorn:

I do a lot of inline skating/hockey/speed. My first impression is that the product can ONLY go up to 25mph... you can reach higher speeds purely by skating. Second, the way the wheels are setup on those skates will make turning very difficult, trust me, ive tried.  It is the equivalent of vert skates where the center 2 wheels are rocked.  You can only go straight.
On hovershoes, I would have to try them, but they do not seem to have any advantages over quad skates at all.

FYI, US Hovershoes X1 Pre-order is up

@Jeffrey Scott Will, can we get any info on the pedal axle thickness on the final production X1's? Still max 176 lbs load?

Kinda concerned, as my fat a** (currently right at that 175-6 mark but working on making that go down!) with backpack weight might not be supported here.

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

FYI, US Hovershoes X1 Pre-order is up

@Jeffrey Scott Will, can we get any info on the pedal axle thickness on the final production X1's? Still max 176 lbs load?

Kinda concerned, as my fat a** (currently right at that 175-6 mark but working on making that go down!) with backpack weight might not be supported here.

I think they are giving stats for individual units.  so 176lbs per unit.