owheely

Red and Orange Battery lights on Glide 3

New Glide 3 owner here.

Most of the time my Solowheel Glide 3 will show its battery indicator lights as Blue.

But sometiems it will change to Red / Orange.

I can't tell if the Red / Orange means there's a problem / trouble with the battery (traditionally on other electronic devices, that's what I'm accustomed to), or if the red/orange indicator just means "battery charge is below some %, otherwise healthy."

If the latter, what is the remaining charge percentage when it turns red/orange? Or does it refer to miles remaining? Should I stop using it when it turns that color?

• Upvote 1

I think it turns orange when the battery is below 50% (or 40%?). This is not a "problem" sign. You can check your battery level more accurately using the app (either native Inmotion app or WheelLog (on Android).

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Each bar, regardless of colour, means 20% charge. When two bars are shown you are in the 20% to 40% range. The coloring is just too warn you that you are getting low on power, the wheel's speed will be reduced, and you should take it easy because it will have a reduced ability to respond to extreme conditions increasing the risk of a fall. When above 40% charge all is well so the bars are blue as part of the overall charge indicator. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 2

Agreed that each bar marks (about) 20% capacity. To my experience going from 2 bars to a 1 bar yet seems to take a little bit longer than for the other bars.

• Upvote 1