what is wrong with my ks-18s

novazeus

i should have said, do u wanna buy my kingsong wheels because i am so over all their bullshit problems. they can’t fixed their app and i have had battery charging or a bad voltage measurement, who knows, since the beginning. these aren’t crashed wheels, they don’t have a blemish on them but now this 18s is no more than a boat anchor. what a f**k up company. they will never see a dime of my money again and i will bad mouth them every chance i get. they have no honor.

btw the wheellog app seems to override the kingsong app on tiltback. thankfully i got off this pos before it went south because i was hitting 35kph. anybody have an idea of what this crap is. just beeps but doesn’t run.

don’t buy a kingsong wheel.

kingsong still sucks but i figured out the problem. somehow on their pos app maybe i pressed the lock button, idk, never used it before. u would think a lock feature would ask for confirmation before bricking ur wheel. 

kingsong just can’t seem to finish the job.

32 minutes ago, novazeus said:

kingsong still sucks but i figured out the problem. somehow on their pos app maybe i pressed the lock button, idk, never used it before. u would think a lock feature would ask for confirmation before bricking ur wheel. 

kingsong just can’t seem to finish the job.

You cause all your own problems, then bitch about the company

8 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

I didn't know there was such a lock function,but I never use any version of their app that requires the registration so I assume it's a new feature on the never versions of their app.Glad you figured it out.?

listen how the morons have this setup. because wheellog evidently overrides the speed settings of kingsong, i had to turn it off. it defaults to 25 kph no matter what. so i reset the wheel to 40 kph using the kingsong app and i’m holding my phone to make sure i can blow past 25 kph and it does but just reaching for ur phone u got one lock button, u hit that, while ur running on the wheel, and it starts beeping like crazy. turn the wheel off, now it’s beeping and doesn’t work. i had to get my polaris and go retrieve this pos. 

for crying out loud, kingsong, don’t u think asking confirmation before brick the wheel would be smart? geez these people are stoopid!

7 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

You cause all your own problems, then bitch about the company

maybe their app and their wheels work great for u. 

i didn’t build these wheels, build their chargers, or build their apps. idk how it can be my fault the wheels read 90% and 92% charged, why their app gives a top speed of 2 mph when i first turn it on and hasn’t been moved. why wheellog speed settings override kingsong’s speed settings.

so idk how i caused these problems, please enlighten me. i’m all ears.

uh, and btw, idk where u been but i’m not the only one have problems with their apps. 

Why do you bother using a second party app (Wheel Log) to mess with your speed settings when the King Song app that was valid at the time you got your wheels works perfectly fine to set up your wheels, or even the new King Song app. I’ve seen you listed on the new King Song app so I know you got that one registered and working as well.

Tell us what you did with the settings on your Charge Doctor that created an issue with your stock King Song chargers, they don’t just fry because two of them were hooked up to the Charge Doctor.......I could go on, but of the wheels you have listed as what you own most here would agree that your two King Songs are the best in your fleet. Why screw with everything that works just fine, why not just go ride your wheels and don’t attempt to fix what ain’t broke?

41 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Why do you bother using a second party app (Wheel Log) to mess with your speed settings when the King Song app that was valid at the time you got your wheels works perfectly fine to set up your wheels, or even the new King Song app. I’ve seen you listed on the new King Song app so I know you got that one registered and working as well.

Tell us what you did with the settings on your Charge Doctor that created an issue with your stock King Song chargers, they don’t just fry because two of them were hooked up to the Charge Doctor.......I could go on, but of the wheels you have listed as what you own most here would agree that your two King Songs are the best in your fleet. Why screw with everything that works just fine, why not just go ride your wheels and don’t attempt to fix what ain’t broke?

if u go and read the charge doctor’s manufacturers instructions, he says he hasn’t seen a problem hooking up two chargers, YET! if he reads this, now he knows. 

suppose u tell me how something i could have done connecting two chargers to the charge doctor duo, burned up the two chargers. u evidently know a lot more about the charge doctor than me.

the kingsong app acts like a phone virus when i had it installed on my two androids. i could force close it on one phone and it would pop up on another. who cares. their app is shit. 

lots of people use wheellog. i just got a pebble watch. i just found out today about wheellog overwriting kingsongs app. i don’t have the kingsong virus app installed on my new samsung galaxy 9+ and was trying to only have it on my auxilliary phone. guess i have to carry two phones. kingsong on one phone, wheellog on the other. obviously u don’t use wheellog.

like i said before, but i’ll repeat for u again, i did not build these wheels. they have been showing 90% and 92% charge since i’ve obtained them. three different chargers, same results, every f**king time. far as i know, u hook up the wheel to the charger, insert the plug in the outlet, light turns red and when light turns green, unplug the charger from the wall and then from the wheel. how do u do it? 

look, i’m happy both of ur wheels work flawlessly, idk why if u don’t have anything constructive to say, unless u work for kingsong, u can’t understand i have two defective kingsong wheels. they have too many app problems to list. 

if ur an electronics engineer, and u know why my wheels aren’t registering a full charge, do tell.

I have always used Wheel Log to monitor the information from the wheel when I ride, also use a pebble, but just to monitor the wheel, battery level, speed, temperature.......I’ve posted my Wheel Log screen shots for you several times before. I don’t use Wheel Log to change settings on the wheel, I would not use a second party app that was not really written in the first place to change settings on the wheel when the King Song app works just fine for that.......I know many Wheel Log users do that, but they are primarily GW riders that do because GW app had issues as well.

I have both the old Green King Song app and the new white/orange app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, never had any issues with either, but I kept the old app on the phone because it seems to be a little easier to use for now until the new app gets ironed out. I don’t dispute the fact that King Song had a pretty messed up roll out of the new app, but hey, we are dealing with Chinese companies here so you have to take things with a little grain of salt with all these companies. GW has a history of crappy apps, inMotion has released their new V10 series with no app available for those early adopters to change any setting or unlock the speed on those wheels. You were told you were going to get your V10F on or about April 20th, I told you then that would never happen. If a Chinese company says next week that means next month, next month means next year. If you want to purchase these wheels you have to lower your expectations and realize who you’re dealing with. I’ll bet it won’t be long before your bitchin’ up a storm about all these issues with your V10. It’s the nature of the beast at this point in its evolution.

28 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I have always used Wheel Log to monitor the information from the wheel when I ride, also use a pebble, but just to monitor the wheel, battery level, speed, temperature.......I’ve posted my Wheel Log screen shots for you several times before. I don’t use Wheel Log to change settings on the wheel, I would not use a second party app that was not really written in the first place to change settings on the wheel when the King Song app works just fine for that.......I know many Wheel Log users do that, but they are primarily GW riders that do because GW app had issues as well.

I have both the old Green King Song app and the new white/orange app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, never had any issues with either, but I kept the old app on the phone because it seems to be a little easier to use for now until the new app gets ironed out. I don’t dispute the fact that King Song had a pretty messed up roll out of the new app, but hey, we are dealing with Chinese companies here so you have to take things with a little grain of salt with all these companies. GW has a history of crappy apps, inMotion has released their new V10 series with no app available for those early adopters to change any setting or unlock the speed on those wheels. You were told you were going to get your V10F on or about April 20th, I told you then that would never happen. If a Chinese company says next week that means next month, next month means next year. If you want to purchase these wheels you have to lower your expectations and realize who your dealing with. I’ll bet it won’t be long before your bitchin’ up a storm about all these issues with your V10. It’s the nature of the beast at this point in its evolution.

yeah, i wasn't trying to change the speed settings with the wheellog app, it did that all by itself. do u understand?

the wheellog app has the speed setting at 25kph. period. end of story. i just discovered this bullshit tonight. same with the stupid lock function that i had never used before. about as dumb as the mute button on my old apple phone that would turn off the ringer. idk if i turn on wheellog the wheel defaults to 25kph or not. usually 15mph is about as fast as i go. tn i went a little faster to catch up with Bob and found out it was tilting back at 17mph.

segway's apps work flawlessly. segways wheels work flawlessly. my s2 had a tire bead situation problem i fixed. i disagree that just because ur chinese ur a f**kup.

as far as inmotion promising and not delivering on time  that's not chinese, that's just the way the world is, no accountability. rose is only gonna be 20 days late if ups doesn't screw up. not a month. bob says they'll get us a beta app if the regular app doesn't show up soon. keep in mind, this is a new release. i've had my ks wheels since last august.

i'll not lower my expectations, i'll just vote with my dollars. if the inmotion wheel i get is shit, i'll complain. 

so far in my venture into the euc world, segway does everything it's suppose to and their app doesn't give me an headache. 

if i like inmotions wheel i'll probably dump these kingsongs.

hopefully the z10 will be good.

as far as my ks wheels not displaying the right voltage after charging, i'm just gonna assume it's the bms and move on until i crack open the ks18s after i hit the 200km restriction. 

nobody, and i've done quite a bit of research on this, has a good explanation of the bad voltage reading. 

so i thought i’d take a ride on my ks16s now. nope. it’s outside in the mosquitos thinking about updating to version 1.05. 

it wouldn’t connect to wheellog for some reason, so i went to ks app, check the speed settlng and it was at 20kph and wouldn’t let me move the slider. backed out and went back in, it has to think awhile before opening the speed setting page and now it’s at 35kpj like it’s suppose to be. so the app says it wants to upgrade to 1.05 and i’m so fed up with their lousy app developers, i go wtf, course that doesn’t work right either. maybe in a half hour my phone and the wheel will be dead. 

i really only want the app for battery level and speed andknowing i won’t hit tiltback between 15 and 20 mph, and i’d be happy. if u own a segway wheel, u would know how frustrating kingsongs pos app is.

i managed to turn the wheel off by holding the start button down for about ten seconds. still a brick but at least the lights are off.

oh well. i get a new wheel on wednesday. maybe someday kingsong will gt their shit together. only been ten months.

@Flora Yuancontacted me on fb messenger and says she's gonna help sort me out.somebody at kingsong has to be able to share his secret knowledge about these things.

to me, here on the ranch, with a bunch of stuff and limited on storage space, these are just one wheel electric golf cart. been driving them since i was 8 years old. these just have 2 or 3 less wheels. they go slow, only one rider  like a horse, don't have to shoe them, feed them, vet them etc. just another way to get around. since it's one wheel, i pay closer attention to the battery level. i don't have to go far but might have to jump a stick or two.

already broke a nice ezgo golf cart out here. still rotting away.

Archived