Ks16s 1.05 firmware is here

acevalsl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

Yup, home...still not working.

54 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Strange. So one can only upgrade if he accidentally meets the server, when it is "open" ?

Strange behaviour.  So it looks I was lucky.

Seems so. Took me some tries on different days to upgrade vom1.02 to 1.05. also some tries on the day it worked...

I tried updating for about three weeks, suddently on Monday 6pm I succeed ?

It takes about 5minutes. Updated my KS16S from 1.0 to 1.05 the wheel feels a bit smoother...

So, a bit more checking and I understand now...there was supposed to be a 1.48 release, as announced on FB, but people cannot download that (I tried also), so it looks like their whole FW update process is messed up. Will need to wait.

4 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Now with 1.05  it’s more difficult reach top speed

Just when I was considering whether I actually should try to update...  x)

Been trying for hours and hours since yesterday with my dads previous Android phone (app v.1.47), and I already got to tap "OK" to update, but the update never started. The "new version" turned to 0.00 right then, so I guess I just barely lost the server. Been following the guide from previous page.

Today I've only been getting an error "Synchronous distance failed, please check connecting". Since I haven't got a slightest what it even tries to mean, I suspect it is from the app and not from Android, which I'm using for the first time. Anybody else getting this?

I saw the new InMotion app today. I am hysterigiggling in my flabbergasteechless. How can two apps for two similar products, just how is it possible that, so inconcievably, just two apps, that the other can be such indescribeably just ... excisting. Like that. Night and oranges difference. No, more than that. Oh, nevermind. No wordslessnesses.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:24 PM, esaj said:

Just when I was considering whether I actually should try to update...  x)

for KS16S this is true if you update from 1.03 or bellow, from 1.04 there is no changes in that sense

4 hours ago, RoberAce said:

for KS16S this is true if you update from 1.03 or bellow, from 1.04 there is no changes in that sense

1.04 introduced ”Optimize mode of the low-volt speed limitation”. Anyone measure yet what the new limits are? I’m still at 1.02, but got interested in the new acceleration behaviour.

4 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Could someone please provide me the binary 1.03 for KS16S?

I strongly doubt that it’s possible to snatch the binary during the upgrade. Especially since getting the wheel to upgrade at all seems to take days and days of repeated trying.

17 hours ago, mrelwood said:

1.04 introduced ”Optimize mode of the low-volt speed limitation”. Anyone measure yet what the new limits are? I’m still at 1.02, but got interested in the new acceleration behaviour.

I strongly doubt that it’s possible to snatch the binary during the upgrade. Especially since getting the wheel to upgrade at all seems to take days and days of repeated trying.

the behavior of 1.04 (1.05 is the same) is that it accelerates and brakes slower, in a more progressive way, they have eliminated in a certain way a little the sporty character of the wheel. The pedals of the wheel have hardened, now they are harder, it remains more straight, but it is difficult to perform radical zig zag. It's safer, less in braking, because you need more space, but less fun, I do not like it.

My personal recommendation if you come from version 1.03 or lower is ? Don't Update!

26 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

accelerates and brakes slower

If it would accelerate or brake slower, you would fall down. What do you mean exactly?

The pedals of the wheel have hardened, now they are harder, it remains more straight

Do you feel this on all riding modes?

A few people on page 1 of this thread mentioned noticeably more torque especially riding upgill, and softer pedals. Completely opposite of what you describe.

9 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If it would accelerate or brake slower, you would fall down. What do you mean exactly?

A few people on page 1 of this thread mentioned noticeably more torque especially riding upgill, and softer pedals. Completely opposite of what you describe.

I mean exactly this, accelerate and brakes more progressive with 1.05, I don't know why @HermanTheGerman see a behaviour completely different than mine, is very opposite to my point of view

tonight I going to make a test review with a friend of mine, with his Kingsong with 1.02 and mine 1.05, stay tunned

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I only tested player advanced riding mode, is the only one that I have interest

7 hours ago, RoberAce said:

tonight I going to make a test review with a friend of mine, with his Kingsong with 1.02 and mine 1.05, stay tunned

Can’t wait, thanks! I hope you test both hard and medium modes, as that might be the key to opposite opinions.

The hard mode seems now to be harder and the medium mode softer. That would make the hard mode more difficult to accelerate fast, as it doesn’t let you lean. A softer medium mode would let the rider lean more before accelerating, making it easier to accelerate fast.

1 hour ago, Circuitmage said:

@RoberAce Thanks for the post, good review. I look forward to the 1.20 vs 1.05 comparison.

I will hold off on upgrading from 1.03 for now, I do like my acceleration. They should at least have kept if for the advanced riding mode.

I think 1.03 is the best version for now

On 5/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, RoberAce said:

I'm still on 1.00.

Riding in the hardest setting can make it harder to accelerate and brake if the pedals stay "more" upright. You need to put more pressure to cause a tilt that the device detects, and thus it may seem it accelerates or decelerates slower than earlier. I used to ride in the hardest mode (well, on Firewheel there were only two modes and the "soft"-mode was WAAAAYY too soft), but I currently use the medium-mode on the KS16S and KS16B, as I found out it's 1) not too soft and, more importantly, 2) makes it a lot easier to accelerate going up hill.

Try with the medium mode if it feels better with the new firmware.

Archived