Ks16s 1.05 firmware is here

acevalsl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, acevalsl said:

You can Now install 1.05 in ks16s

CD138A13-B715-4DE8-A2E9-D41419224CF1.png

were u able to install it? i haven’t had any luck doing that. my wheel is a brick now.

i was over bitching on fb group and @Flora Yuan contacted me on messenger and says she's gonna try and help. 

but while i was over there in fb i saw that guy's in s china 9botz10, i'm ready to place my order.

could somebody tell us what exactly do this new firmware version? It is advisable? Has anyone already experienced it? What  it does with speed and acceleration? its modifies the torque in some way?

Thanks.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, e_kjellgren said:

That's strange, I only get this even though I have the newest app.

Hi, just "check in" with your app 1.47, then connect the wheel and go to the firmware page.

Hit the upward arrow once (only once), even if you see only V-.--, then wait a few minutes, even if it looks like nothing would happen, and do not let the screensaver interfere.

After a few minutes the new version suddenly will pop up (try it around 22h our time, then the chinese servers have less load because most people sleep).

Now when you see the new firmware, tap the upward arrow again: and now do not interfere with the wheel !

The wheel will reboot itself automatically into the upload modus. Wait until the orange circle on the phone reached 100% (see screenshot), and at the same time the LEDs on the wheel will show the same increasing circle. After the update is successfully finished, the wheel reboots again.

Now turn off the wheel AND the app, turn on the wheel first and then the app again, and now everything should work as expected.

In case you bricked the wheel by interfering with the upgrade process, follow the instructions on the right screenshot, you can at any time resume the upgrade (but try to avoid that and do it cleanly, it's better for the nerves ? ).

ksupgrade.jpg.4b0776163014fcd22d616dae86c6196c.jpg

BTW, thanks @acevalsl for the heads up !

fix it! third night is the charm. thanks to @Flora Yuan for sending me some top secret super duty software all in  chinese with pretty good instructions, and a little deductive reasoning on my part, i’m all up to date. and yeah that battery fix thing in the firmware, i thought it might fix my voltage thing. the fix it software wasn’t seeing the wheel even though the app acted like it was seeing the wheel, so by holding down the bluetooth button, it connected. no voice or light around the button as normal but turned it on.

21 hours ago, RoberAce said:

could somebody tell us what exactly do this new firmware version? It is advisable? Has anyone already experienced it? What  it does with speed and acceleration? its modifies the torque in some way?

Well, this is my first experience with it (in comparison with 1.00, which I had before, so compared to 1.02 or others it may be different):

Torque uphill has enhanced a lot compared to 1.00, I could drive my homeroad uphill with more than 30 km/h, which was not possible before.  The downside of that is  it needs more juice now, I drove 19.3 km today, and battery level went from 98% to 56%.  But to be fair, I need to mention altitude difference is 265m (870 feet) over these 12 miles. In flat areas I believe it will not make a difference.

Another thing is that it became a little bit softer, so I needed to get used to that. Maybe that's part of the reason why it performs uphill now better (to be honest, I was already happy before with that, but now I'm excited).

That's all, I couldn't find any other differences (there was a rumour, that with 1.05 one can unlock the wheel up to 40 km/h, but that's not true).

Actually the latest firmware only changes the relation of voltage to shown battery percentage (or to LEDs shown on the wheel, not totally sure)

No new motor drivers or so...

@HermanTheGerman When you upgraded from 1.00...then you SHOULD experience a new motor driver/firmware. There have been some nice changes on i guess it was 1.03(0r 1.02), which gave more torque and make the ride smoother in general.

And yeah, on the new app (as buggy as it still is) it is hard to brick the wheel, as even when you quit while updating, you can repeat the process. And even if you -somehow- get it to "brick"...with the KS engeneer app you can install the firmware again. (and do several other things like serial number replacement etc etc) Whenever someone is in need....and if it is chinese holidays or KS is not available or whatsoever, i can perhaps help out with the app, too....

4 hours ago, RoberAce said:

What is that KS Engeneer application? could you please give me a link?

i can send it to u with instructions but unless u need it, i would just update as normal.

7 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I put 1.05 on my 16s today at lunch during work. I'll try it out on the way home, so if I don't post again, it's because I died :D

1.05 works on the 16s. 1.06 works on 18s. u probably won’t die.

22 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

9 miles home in traffic and lived just fine :D

my ride home, about a third of a mile was a lot shorter but probably scarier. Bob decided to really stretch his legs out and probably hit 30 mph so i let go of the leash at probably 25mph. 

2018-05-15_06-54-58

I just updated to 1.05 on my 16s using the iOS app on ios11.2.1. I tried the first time and it got stuck at 0.00%. I exited the app and reconnected and checked the firmware a few times and it kept reading my version was 1.03 and current version was 0.00.  After about 5 times it just automatically updated and rapidly counted up in percent with each present taking 2-3 secs.

Now I’m on 1.05. Finally! I’ll test it out tomorrow.

I updated my software and hardware for my 16S with no problems(android)... it feels a little smoother and acceleration is a little quicker, maybe just my imagination but it definitely feels like an improvement... the best thing I noticed is it is connecting to the wheels quicker with less tries than before which has been a bit frustrating, especially when I go from one wheel to another (16S, 14D and 18S)

in my case I installed 1.05 from 1.03, and what I have noticed is that it accelerates more progressive less explosive than before more smooth, now it doesn't swing at all in advanced mode is rigid as a table, this makes it more stable but more difficult to spin with the footwork

Archived