Brand Differences in Power Distribution Efficiency

Esash

I saw this on the French forum on a thread about the KS18L:

1300wh at Gotway = 1036wh at KS. I have a ACM 1300wh and it gives me 85 km at the big max while I'm 70kg. and this by rolling slowly.

The KS18L in 1036 will give the same autonomy.

Is it true that some brands/wheels deliver power to the motor much more efficiently than others?

If so, what are the most/least efficient brands in general?

And does more efficient power delivery generally equal less responsive or less powerful performance?

Are Gotway wheels just hemorrhaging electricity?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/4473-gotway-mcm-5/&prev=search 

Hard to predict how efficient future models will be:efee8319ab: The V10(F) doesn't seem too bad.

As far as existing wheels are concerned, GWs are actually at the top (not that there are many differences). @Marty Backe got less range out of the 18S than he expected from the battery size, and that he would have gotten out of a GW (his ACM or ms3) with the same battery size.

Smaller tires are maybe a bit more efficient than bigger ones, but maybe it's only you tend to go faster with bigger wheels.

I always consider 80% of the battery capacity as usable (then beeps etc. start) and use that divided by the max range to get a Wh/km number depending on temperature and approximate speed (and rider weight). GWs are not worse than other brands here.

(You always post the same Google Translate link, probably because you bookmarked it this way, so it always links to the same topic about the MCM5, not what I guess the real link is)

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hard to predict how efficient future models will be:efee8319ab: The V10(F) doesn't seem too bad.

As far as existing wheels are concerned, GWs are actually at the top (not that there are many differences). @Marty Backe got less range out of the 18S than he expected from the battery size, and that he would have gotten out of a GW (his ACM or ms3) with the same battery size.

Smaller tires are maybe a bit more efficient than bigger ones, but maybe it's only you tend to go faster with bigger wheels.

I always consider 80% of the battery capacity as usable (then beeps etc. start) and use that divided by the max range to get a Wh/km number depending on temperature and approximate speed (and rider weight). GWs are not worse than other brands here.

(You always post the same Google Translate link, probably because you bookmarked it this way, so it always links to the same topic about the MCM5, not what I guess the real link is)

Oops. 

On the other hand, the Gotway MCM4 680wh gets between 18-25 miles, while Marty's KS14S 840wh gets 40 miles. 

12 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

On the other hand, the Gotway MCM4 680wh gets between 18-25 miles, while Marty's KS14S 840wh gets 40 miles. 

Where are these numbers from? Range *really* depends on temperature and rider weight, so if these aren't the same, very hard to compare.

Archived