New Design for Balancing Electric Unicycle

Interesting.  Looks very similar to the Honda U3x from 2009 and a giant bowling pin.

I wouldn't mind seeing a walking assist device marketed since I grow tired walking to my electric unicycle and carrying it outside.  I want one of these:  :w00t2:

But seriously, @Rehab1, I wonder if this would be helpful for some of your patients.

23 hours ago, Franklee1989 said:

DO YOU LIKE IT?

Yes, though to a lesser extend as transportation device with speeds of more than 10km/h. I also like this application:

On 5/8/2018 at 7:09 AM, Mono said:

Yes, though to a lesser extend as transportation device with speeds of more than 10km/h. I also like this application:

I've never seen this video before. Fantastic, and very impressive that it was done in one take with no cuts.

It's interesting how Honda releases a concept design, but it takes a Chinese company to bring it to actual mass production.  How many neat concepts are teased to the public, but then they never see the light of day?   I'd be curious to see what was the process behind developing this Chinese balancing barstool because Honda likely didn't share their development tech or plans, and they likely didn't sell their prototypes to China.

In my experience , wheelbase is everything. A small wheel will just not move very fast, and if it does is more of a safety risk when you hit something.

The videos indeed show it moving very slowly. Looks like a 5-10mph device.

I still have a few years before I will have trouble walking, but when I do this device will be awesome.

Until then, I need to be going faster than 15mph.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:55 PM, Circuitmage said:

In my experience , wheelbase is everything. A small wheel will just not move very fast, and if it does is more of a safety risk when you hit something.

The videos indeed show it moving very slowly. Looks like a 5-10mph device.

I still have a few years before I will have trouble walking, but when I do this device will be awesome.

Until then, I need to be going faster than 15mph.

I think this unicycle is not for high speed riding.

it is for fun, little kids siting on it. or maybe some olds.... ... ... ...

Archived