V10F Review: An enthusiast perspective

Jeffrey Scott Will

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, Master Blaster said:

I started out with the default stiffest setting up around 4000 and I have worked my way down to around 3000 so far, as @TechShizzle mentioned the setting doesn’t seem to change the small amount of “play” in the system.

Today I suddenly started to notice this same thing. Actually it probably started after a fall. I pushed the stiffness setting to 4000 and it's still there. It definitely wasn't there before. It feels like suddenly something is loose. 

I wonder if there is something I could do? Maybe tighten some screws inside? 

On 5/12/2018 at 9:18 AM, Rok Tomažin said:

I preordered V10 (not F). I hope I didn’t make a noticable mistake reffering to power and acceleration. @Jeffrey Scott Will? Is there a noticable difference between 1800 and 2000?

Range is not a problem. 300 € was too much but now I’m being worried ?.

Thank you.

I ordered the V8 when prices dropped haha - dont worry - V10 is still a great machine. Buying the latests and the most expensive is just a marketing trick. I prefer to buy the well tested equipment so for me the V8 actually was the only choice I was comfortable making ;)

On 5/18/2018 at 12:00 PM, Master Blaster said:

I started out with the default stiffest setting up around 4000 and I have worked my way down to around 3000 so far, as @TechShizzle mentioned the setting doesn’t seem to change the small amount of “play” in the system.

That sounds a lot like the play that the Monsters get in their axles, which can be fixed by tightening the axle nuts. @Marty Backe had a video about it. 

On 5/25/2018 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Secher said:

I ordered the V8 when prices dropped haha - dont worry - V10 is still a great machine. Buying the latests and the most expensive is just a marketing trick. I prefer to buy the well tested equipment so for me the V8 actually was the only choice I was comfortable making ;)

I'm happy for you. In EU prices for V8 didn't go down, so V8 was not an option.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Secher said:

Buying the latests and the most expensive is just a marketing trick.

That may be the case with mature industries adding pointless and expensive bling for differentiation, but for EUCs, this is not true at all.

In this early phase, every generation brings significant improvements. I'd go as far as to say the V8 is unsafe in today's standards due to the weak motor and small (2P) battery, at least when a realistic and wider rider weight range is concerned. Let alone the difference in handling between that and a 1800W/2000W motor like in the V10(F), pretty sure it's like night and day.

That's not to say the V8 is a bad wheel or you made a bad choice (as there's also the price question, wheels/batteries are so damn expensive:efee8c29ce:). After all it was super duper state of the art 2 years ago, it's a good wheel, people were and are happily riding V8s, and you'll be perfectly happy with pretty much any EUC if it's your first anyway. But once you get the taste of a more powerful one (maybe a Gotway or latest KingSong, too) you WILL see a difference. Not just a marketing trick. For example, I can tell you, the V8 feels like a toy compared to my ACM which is a machine.

So you have two things to enjoy now: your V8, and you can look forward to upgrading some day because significantly better wheels do and will exist:efee47c9c8:

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That may be the case with mature industries adding pointless and expensive bling for differentiation, but for EUCs, this is not true at all.

In this early phase, every generation brings significant improvements. I'd go as far as to say the V8 is unsafe in today's standards due to the weak motor and small (2P) battery, at least when a realistic and wider rider weight range is concerned. Let alone the difference in handling between that and a 1800W/2000W motor like in the V10(F), pretty sure it's like night and day.

That's not to say the V8 is a bad wheel or you made a bad choice (as there's also the price question, wheels/batteries are so damn expensive:efee8c29ce:). After all it was super duper state of the art 2 years ago, it's a good wheel, people were and are happily riding V8s, and you'll be perfectly happy with pretty much any EUC if it's your first anyway. But once you get the taste of a more powerful one (maybe a Gotway or latest KingSong, too) you WILL see a difference. Not just a marketing trick. For example, I can tell you, the V8 feels like a toy compared to my ACM which is a machine.

So you have two things to enjoy now: your V8, and you can look forward to upgrading some day because significantly better wheels do and will exist:efee47c9c8:

I had the Tesla before and currently ride the V8, it does seem like a toy compared to my 100V Monster, but it is much easier to live with and is more practical. One wheel is usually not enough, I think the average person has more than just 1 wheel.

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

I think the average person has 0 wheels :lol: 

The average EUC rider!  ?

38 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

LOL. Why did you sell your Tesla btw?

To make way for a new wheel, I was hoping to buy the KS18L, which has now been delayed till July. I felt that with the 18 inch wheel I would not have to worry about getting punctures as much due to the thicker tire, easy powercut off function, 2000w motor on an 18 inch wheel. 

In the meantime I make good use of the V8, which is ideal for commuting in the city with it's powercut off button. It is very light and is a joy to do tricks on, I love to do pendulums and backwards manoeuvres with the V8. I could do this with the Tesla but didn't want to risk damaging the Shell.  The V8 is simple and easy to live with. I can turn it on and ride without the atmospheric lights on, where as with the Tesla, I had to press the power button 4 times to switch off the LED lights each time. The V8 functions well from 0 - 15 mph, the Monster is not an everyday wheel like the V8 is. I take the V8 everywhere. It is very light for a 16 inch wheel. However, I do miss the smooth Silent power delivery of the Tesla.

I love all wheels ?

I had a V8. Crashed badly with it (pushing it a bit too fast over train tracks I crossed 20 times before, it cut out going 28 km/h and I flew off). Sold it and planned on getting a Tesla, but never got it, so now I ordered the V10F because I really liked the V8 but ended up constantly riding it at the upper end of what it was capable of (see the 28 km/h crash ...). Even with my Mten3 which I found super unstable (and in a way it is) I ride at about 25 km/h now.

Just wondered why you would get rid of the Tesla to get a V8. Seemed like a step backwards for me, but I can understand the form factor argument. Never had a chance to ride a Tesla though. I presume you won't be going 25+ km/h in the city. I live on the country side.

Still wondering if I should get a real "power" wheel in the future (MSuper X, Rockwheel GT18,...) or if it's just me asking for trouble.

Why would an 18" wheel have less chance of a puncture?

58 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I had a V8. Crashed badly with it (pushing it a bit too fast over train tracks I crossed 20 times before, it cut out going 28 km/h and I flew off). Sold it and planned on getting a Tesla, but never got it, so now I ordered the V10F because I really liked the V8 but ended up constantly riding it at the upper end of what it was capable of (see the 28 km/h crash ...). Even with my Mten3 which I found super unstable (and in a way it is) I ride at about 25 km/h now.

Just wondered why you would get rid of the Tesla to get a V8. Seemed like a step backwards for me, but I can understand the form factor argument. Never had a chance to ride a Tesla though. I presume you won't be going 25+ km/h in the city. I live on the country side.

Still wondering if I should get a real "power" wheel in the future (MSuper X, Rockwheel GT18,...) or if it's just me asking for trouble.

Why would an 18" wheel have less chance of a puncture?

I was expecting the KS18L to be released end of March, I couldn't wait for it, so managed to pick up a V8 at a good price. It certainly felt like a step back. If you look on the advert section on here I have listed it for sale. It certainly felt like a toy compared to the Tesla. With the Tesla I could comfortably sale past 40kmh and face headwind. This felt edgy once appoaching 28kmh. Then after a few days the V8 started to make sense. I never go above 25kmh on it and it has only ever told me to slow down once due to low battery. It is ideal for popping to the shops for grocery,  grabbing a coffee, visiting friends locally, doing tricks at low speed etc, any excuse for me to step out.  Believe it or not you can still get to A to B fast on the V8. It is just not a wheel for high speed cruising. 

I wish someone lets you experience the Tesla. Why not visit the Gyroroue Shop in Paris? The way the Tesla glides while taking off is mind boggling. The acceleration is never ending, it leaves you feeling wide eyed. Then you have the 100V at the top, incredible wheel. 

You will love the V10F I am sure. If you can, visit the gyroroue shop in Paris. There you can try all the latest wheels. 

I previously owned a KS18 and it rode very well off road as on road. The KS18L tire has been confirmed to me to be even thicker.

3 hours ago, Edddeus said:

The average EUC rider!  ?

But....if you have 2 wheels it isn't an EUC anymore. So technically @Marty Backe classes as a lorry drivers driving 18 wheelers ?

On top of that you just degraded me to below average EUC rider ? I am holding off purchasing a 2nd wheel until we see more competitors releasing their respons to V10f and/or Inmotion can make a functional App for Samsung note8 with oreo. @Bobwheel / @Jeffrey Scott Will

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Actually I had an Evolve electric longboard before goimg much faster than any of these unibikes. To me I dont really trust autobalancing tech enough to go as fast as the 10F allows. It certainly doesn’t seem like a more safe solution - rather the contrary. More engine power isn’t more safe - I’m quite sure there is a lot of research to back that up...

1 minute ago, Thomas Secher said:

More engine power isn’t more safe - I’m quite sure there is a lot of research to back that up...

With self-balancing vehicles, more engine power is exactly what you want. If only for having better reserves in any situation. You don't have to use it to go fast:efee47c9c8: And there's no downside, unless you dislike more powerful feeling wheels or can't control your speed urges.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

With self-balancing vehicles, more engine power is exactly what you want. If only for having better reserves in any situation. You don't have to use it to go fast:efee47c9c8: And there's no downside, unless you dislike more powerful feeling wheels or can't control your speed urges.

Who can control the speed urges?

16 minutes ago, Thomas Secher said:

Actually I had an Evolve electric longboard before goimg much faster than any of these unibikes. To me I dont really trust autobalancing tech enough to go as fast as the 10F allows. It certainly doesn’t seem like a more safe solution - rather the contrary. More engine power isn’t more safe - I’m quite sure there is a lot of research to back that up...

:blink1:

I'll bite. Where's the research. :confused1:

I think the brain trust in this Forum can answer the question - more 'engine' power most definitely equates to more safety in EUC usage.

As EUCs go, the V10F is a slow wheel relative to the performance wheels that currently exist. I would certainly feel safe going as fast as the V10F allows you since it's not really that fast ;)

47 minutes ago, Thomas Secher said:

Who can control the speed urges?

Well to shine my glory or what is left of it, I can control the speed urges.

It is quit simple actually. You just go to a certain speed and try to step off the wheel. You will soon realize that at some point you are traveling beyond what you body is designed for. Go further that limit will hurt you hard. Not respecting speed will hurt even more. Ignoring the force it takes to propel you....well you only do that once and maybe live to tell about.

It matters not if you have safety gear on or not. It will only take so much hurt away. It will not help you coping beyond your body's design limit. 

Now you have a choice...do the above and see where your urge will take you.. Maybe you will learn a thing or two if not.. You need a faster wheel...hope you can tell about it. One guy did at 62ish km/h...next time he might mot be so lucky. As soon you pass the 20km/h you will see/feel amazing things at 30km/h you will be at the limit...30+ km/h you stand a good chance to hurt yourself so you can feel life ...hopefully...You are not in a car that can protect you when riding an EUC.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:30 PM, UniVehje said:

Today I suddenly started to notice this same thing. Actually it probably started after a fall. I pushed the stiffness setting to 4000 and it's still there. It definitely wasn't there before. It feels like suddenly something is loose. 

I wonder if there is something I could do? Maybe tighten some screws inside? 

Hope this "play" is part of the design and not an unwanted thing... after a so short period of time, it will be more than annoying...

3 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Hope this "play" is part of the design and not an unwanted thing... after a so short period of time, it will be more than annoying...

I think it’s just the design........maybe how the windings react with the magnets, but it does not seem to effect the ride, just something that’s noticeable when basically standing still and doing a little back and forth, mini ideling is the only time I notice it.

10 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I think it’s just the design........maybe how the windings react with the magnets, but it does not seem to effect the ride, just something that’s noticeable when basically standing still and doing a little back and forth, mini ideling is the only time I notice it.

What makes me think it’s not part part of the design is that I definitely didn’t have that play during first 300 km. I suspect some axel nut might have got a bit loose. I probably could tighten it myself, but I want more info first. @Jeffrey Scott Will Have you heard of this from others and do you know if this is normal?

Archived